Stop the Insanity! This is what we need to do next year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Stop the Insanity! This is what we need to do next year!!!

Why does everyone around here make everything so difficult?

1) A starting RG and LG should be the number one priority.

2) A starting DT or two to replace the failed Anderson/Jefferson experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) If we are not moving Hargrove than a starting DE to replace the failed Denney/Kelsay experiment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) LB's to replace Spikes and or add depth which we obviously don't have.

After that's accomplished through FA and draft than maybe we can look at skill positions. PERIOD.

5) RB if we use McGahee as trade bait or draft in the lower rounds (5,6,7).

6) WR, BIG, BIG, BIG SIZE!!!!! No more speedy midgets!!!

TE should be at the very bottom!! Way bigger holes to fill and I'm sick and tired of wasting a pick on a TE. A big WR could fill the gap and make this even less of a priority. Royal will be here next year and has played well. If Cieslak keeps playing well than we should be able to pick up a #3 if Everett doesn't learn how to read over the summer.
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Stop the Insanity! This is what we need to do next year!!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

2) A starting DT or two to replace the failed Anderson/Jefferson experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) If we are not moving Hargrove than a starting DE to replace the failed Denney/Kelsay experiment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that's accomplished through FA and draft than maybe we can look at skill positions. PERIOD.

TE should be at the very bottom!! Way bigger holes to fill and I'm sick and tired of wasting a pick on a TE. A big WR could fill the gap and make this even less of a priority. Royal will be here next year and has played well. If Cieslak keeps playing well than we should be able to pick up a #3 if Everett doesn't learn how to read over the summer.
    I agree with everything except the TE. I think adding a "good" one would instantly give JP more options, especially on his check down. I doubt Everett will be able to read in just one summer.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
      I agree with everything except the TE. I think adding a "good" one would instantly give JP more options, especially on his check down. I doubt Everett will be able to read in just one summer.
      I can't remember who the starting TE on the Steelers was last year.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Heath Miller, a big upgrade over what they had. He scored six TDs that year.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Okay HHuricane

1) At guard, Steinbach will cost a fortune - maybe too much - so I say grab Vince Manuwai from the Jags who is young and has upside. David Diehl would be my next choice. We could probably get both for the same price. I also think a longer look at Aaron Merz has merit. Once out of the playoffs, if Gandy isn't going to re-sign we bench him and give Merz 2 or 3 games.
          2) Looking at the lists the best prospects appear to be Ian Scott NT with the Bears and Rien Long of the Titans at present. There is also not a lot of size in the draft. Unless we go for Alan Branch the biggest senior is Justin Harrell of Tennesse at 6ft4 300lbs. A small school prospect could be Damion DeRosia NT at 6ft5 320lbs
          3) Possible DEs depending on the FA lists include Charles Grant (Saints), Justin Smith (Bengals) and Pat Kerney (Falcons) - for me we break the bank to get Patrick
          4) Again there are very few standouts here. I think this should be the R1 focus for the draft as we could trade down, get an extra day one pick and still come away with Posluzny or Pat Willis both of who can play in or out
          5) We trade McGahee for a R2 in 2008. The RB depth here is great and the extra pick will allow us to manouvre in that draft. Look at the free agency I think we could do a deal and get our big WR as well. A-Train can carry the load but Clifton Dawson from Harvard can spell him if we grab him in the 6th. At 5ft10 and about 200lbs he's big enough for a few carries
          6) If we trade McGahee to the Jags I want then to throw in Ernest Wilford as part of the deal. He's an RFA, but 6ft4 223lbs, has a decent record as a 3rd receiver and would relish the chance to step up.

IMHO I disagree about TE. One of our biggest mistakes was not taking Jason Witten in 2003. Every great team has a very good TE but Royal is average at best. If Greg Olsen falls to us in the 2nd it would be insane not to take him.

I would also want to get a OL who can play LT on Day1. Guys like Doug Free are dropping and if they fall to the third I would hope we would use the extra pick from the R1 trade down to grab him. If Peters got injured the season would be over. The Pats did well in 2005 cos when Light went down Kaczur came in. I also think Butler will put on sufficient weight and step up

In my dreams I would like a FA of Patrick Kerney, Ernest Wilford, Vince Manuwai and/or David Diehl plus shipping out Holcomb and getting Patrick Ramsay as a backup QB - better than Nall followed by a draft that might look like this

R1 Posluszny I/OLB (after trade down)
          R2 Olsen TE
          R3a Harrell NT
          R3b Free LT (extra pick)
          R4 Eric Weddle DB (both SS and CB cover)
          R5 to Rams for Hargrove
          R6 Dawson RB
          R7 DeRosia NT

We will look like this then

QB Losman .............. RE Schobel
          WR Evans .................DT Triplett/McCargo
          WR Wilford .............. NT HARRELL/Williams
          TE OLSEN.................. LE Kerney
          LT Peters ..................SLB Crowell
          LG Merz ....................MLB POSLUZNY or WILLIS
          C Fowler ...................WLB Ellison
          RG Manuwai/Diehl........RCB Clements
          RT Butler?..................LCB McGee
          RB A-Train..................FS Simpson
          TE Royal.....................SS Whitner

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

I agree with you. All your steps down to #4 can be done before the draft even starts!!!!

Steinbach, Womack, Max Starks, Derrick Dockery, Jordan Gross take your pick of any 2. I dont see Gandy going anywhere and he has played well since moving. I think he may keep one of the G spots.

LB's like Cato June, Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs all can play just as well as this years version of TKO. Can TKO rebound? maybe. But id take a guy like Thomas and just replace him. Keep TKO and force him to battle for the job. If nothing else, rotate in Thomas on passing downs or for a set of fresh legs.

DT to replace Anderson/Jefferson? That can be done with a second tier DT or even a day two guy. Sure a day one guy would be great or a top FA, but it may not be necessary.

#3 and beyond should be our top draft needs. Why???? Well, DE, RB, and WR are some of the spots that require the greatest level of god given ability and also are a few of the spots where the new guy can play day one.

The same just cant be said for OT's, and guards are rarely taken if in the first round.

Any time you saw me talking about our top day one needs in the draft being RB, WR, DE, maybe LB your hearing me saying that spending serious cash on top FA's to fill huge needs like G, LB, maybe DT.

Im not forgetting about whats important, Im only thinking we need to use the strengths of both FA and the draft and play our cards correctly.

To me that means getting stalworts on the lines, guys who have proven they can play and wont be busts, and then taking the top talent at skill positions to get the "glamor" guys to score you the points or make the game changing plays.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Heath Miller, the stud 1st rounder from Virginia.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                Okay HHuricane

1) At guard, Steinbach will cost a fortune - maybe too much - so I say grab Vince Manuwai from the Jags who is young and has upside. David Diehl would be my next choice. We could probably get both for the same price. I also think a longer look at Aaron Merz has merit. Once out of the playoffs, if Gandy isn't going to re-sign we bench him and give Merz 2 or 3 games.
                2) Looking at the lists the best prospects appear to be Ian Scott NT with the Bears and Rien Long of the Titans at present. There is also not a lot of size in the draft. Unless we go for Alan Branch the biggest senior is Justin Harrell of Tennesse at 6ft4 300lbs. A small school prospect could be Damion DeRosia NT at 6ft5 320lbs
                3) Possible DEs depending on the FA lists include Charles Grant (Saints), Justin Smith (Bengals) and Pat Kerney (Falcons) - for me we break the bank to get Patrick
                4) Again there are very few standouts here. I think this should be the R1 focus for the draft as we could trade down, get an extra day one pick and still come away with Posluzny or Pat Willis both of who can play in or out
                5) We trade McGahee for a R2 in 2008. The RB depth here is great and the extra pick will allow us to manouvre in that draft. Look at the free agency I think we could do a deal and get our big WR as well. A-Train can carry the load but Clifton Dawson from Harvard can spell him if we grab him in the 6th. At 5ft10 and about 200lbs he's big enough for a few carries
                6) If we trade McGahee to the Jags I want then to throw in Ernest Wilford as part of the deal. He's an RFA, but 6ft4 223lbs, has a decent record as a 3rd receiver and would relish the chance to step up.

IMHO I disagree about TE. One of our biggest mistakes was not taking Jason Witten in 2003. Every great team has a very good TE but Royal is average at best. If Greg Olsen falls to us in the 2nd it would be insane not to take him.

I would also want to get a OL who can play LT on Day1. Guys like Doug Free are dropping and if they fall to the third I would hope we would use the extra pick from the R1 trade down to grab him. If Peters got injured the season would be over. The Pats did well in 2005 cos when Light went down Kaczur came in. I also think Butler will put on sufficient weight and step up

In my dreams I would like a FA of Patrick Kerney, Ernest Wilford, Vince Manuwai and/or David Diehl plus shipping out Holcomb and getting Patrick Ramsay as a backup QB - better than Nall followed by a draft that might look like this

R1 Posluszny I/OLB (after trade down)
                R2 Olsen TE
                R3a Harrell NT
                R3b Free LT (extra pick)
                R4 Eric Weddle DB (both SS and CB cover)
                R5 to Rams for Hargrove
                R6 Dawson RB
                R7 DeRosia NT

We will look like this then

QB Losman .............. RE Schobel
                WR Evans .................DT Triplett/McCargo
                WR Wilford .............. NT HARRELL/Williams
                TE OLSEN.................. LE Kerney
                LT Peters ..................SLB Crowell
                LG Merz ....................MLB POSLUZNY or WILLIS
                C Fowler ...................WLB Ellison
                RG Manuwai/Diehl........RCB Clements
                RT Butler?..................LCB McGee
                RB A-Train..................FS Simpson
                TE Royal.....................SS Whitner
                Spend our 1st rounder on an LT who will sit the bench? I cant agree with that. I also dont think we should try to shift LT's to RT, RT's should have better size and you really want a guy who has spent there whole college career there.

Sorry, but we need some playmakers even at skill positions like RB or WR. We can grab a RT later or through FA, the FA's at RB and WR dont impress me at all.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

getting rid of losman would be a great start.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

1.) Resign Nate Clements.
                    2.) LG, RG and possibly a RT.
                    3.) Stud 1 Technique DT
                    4.) LB
                    5.) TE

Those are my top 5 priorities. I don't think our WR's are as bad as I once thought. Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish aren't bad.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      I took a look at your pathetic lure and I aint biting. Bass Pro would help you with your board game, stop picking up lures from WalMart.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        Yeah seriously, he sucks.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                          I took a look at your pathetic lure and I aint biting. Bass Pro would help you with your board game, stop picking up lures from WalMart.

stay on the subject,Slappy.
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Do you guys ever catch on? Sabz is obviously looking to stir the pot, ignore him or play along.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              Do you guys ever catch on? Sabz is obviously looking to stir the pot, ignore him or play along.

i'm just expressing my opinions.if the Lickers get upset,oh well.....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍