PDA

View Full Version : Point blank question...Bills Stay or Go? Yes or No?

blackonyx89
12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I'd say yes,only if Galisano or Wegman gets a crack at the franchise. What say ye?

:bandwagon

Mitchy moo
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Bills will stay because of elections and promises made by candidates, with any luck.

scott51
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I'd say yes,only if Galisano or Wegman gets a crack at the franchise. What say ye?

I would LOVE to see Golissano purchase the Buffalo Bills! I beleive that is the ONLY way we stay in WNY!!

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
What is it with these threads? Geez.

We are talking about something that may or may not happen for at least another 4 to 5 years. Hell, the Sabres could be gone in that amount of time. I understand about looking ahead but Geez!!

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
What is it with these threads? Geez.

We are talking about something that may or may not happen for at least another 4 to 5 years. Hell, the Sabres could be gone in that amount of time. I understand about looking ahead but Geez!!

We could be gone in the next 2-3 years I bet. If RW dies, we need somebody from the area to purchase the Bills. It's really a shame that we can't do what GB did and own the team publicly. I hope the media starts asking RW about the future of the Bills after he passes on, maybe Ralph could talk with or have some sort of influence over Golisano or Wegman to purchase the team when the time comes. Either way, if the NFL gets rid of the Bills they are making a huge mistake, we all saw what happened when Cleveland was moved - the NFL just wasn't the same.

Edit: Typed RWS instead of RW.

BillsFanUK
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
We could be gone in the next 2-3 years I bet. If RWS dies, we need somebody from the area to purchase the Bills. It's really a shame that we can't do what GB did and own the team publicly. I hope the media starts asking RW about the future of the Bills after he passes on, maybe Ralph could talk with or have some sort of influence over Golisano or Wegman to purchase the team when the time comes. Either way, if the NFL gets rid of the Bills they are making a huge mistake, we all saw what happened when Cleveland was moved - the NFL just wasn't the same.

The Bills need to stay in WNY because they have the best fans in the NFL cheering them on every week now, where will you be able to find that anywhere else in the US

Michael82
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
The Bills need to stay in WNY because they have the best fans in the NFL cheering them on every week now, where will you be able to find that anywhere else in the US
Exactly! Good post. :bf1:

Saratoga Slim
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Fine. I'll buy them. And I promise not to move them any further than Saratoga.

Night Train
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I have some $$ on the side. I'll form a group and make myself Managing Partner.

I'll hire good football people to run day to day operations, since I'll be too immersed in my Friday night Beer and Cheerleader parties in the Kelly Club. Phil will be serving drinks.

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Not to piss in your cereal but wouldnt the best fans in the league sell out the stadium every week? Or is there something going on in Buffalo I dont know about?

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 05:50 PM

Not only do we have the best fans in WNY, we got some pretty damn good fans in the UK it looks like. I hope we don't move as well mate, it would be a big mistake on the NFL's part.

RockStar36
12-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Not to piss in your cereal but wouldnt the best fans in the league sell out the stadium every week? Or is there something going on in Buffalo I dont know about?

For some people money might be a little harder to come by this time of the year.

dolphan117
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I sure hope they find a way to stay...... Fins at Bills in LA in December? Just wouldn't be the same. I hate to see franchises move away from their fan bases, I would rather add 2 or 4 more teams to the league and then maybe add 1 more playoff spot to each conference.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 06:11 PM
if they move to vegas,i hope Just Pathetic is gone.

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 06:19 PM
For some people money might be a little harder to come by this time of the year.
But an average ticket of $45? That is dirt cheap.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM

the annual income isn't as high in Western New York than in dallas. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
12-05-2006, 07:21 PM

There's no reason the people that live around Rich Stadium can't buy tickets when they are that cheap.

They will be the first people that ***** and complain if the Bills ever do move.

Crisis
12-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Yeah, we always sell out...

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
the annual income isn't as high in Western New York than in dallas. :rolleyes:
The cost of living probably isn't as high in Buffalo either.

Ebenezer
12-06-2006, 12:37 AM
by the time RW dies it will cost $1Billion to buy the Bills...nobody in WNY has that kind of coin...nobody in WNY will be able to build a coalition to save them either. One after RW dies they are out of here.

jamze132
12-06-2006, 03:48 AM

So which answer do you want? Stay, Go, Yes, or No?

jamze132
12-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Why can't Ralph just give the team to someone as like a Christmas present?

Ebenezer
12-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Why can't Ralph just give the team to someone as like a Christmas present?
maximum yearly gift before federal tax kicks in is $12,000...anything sort of gift above that total is subject to a 55% tax.

jamze132
12-07-2006, 04:28 AM
maximum yearly gift before federal tax kicks in is $12,000...anything sort of gift above that total is subject to a 55% tax.
Oh yeah... Well if the team is estimated to be worth $1 bil than whoever receives the gift will be responsible for $550 mil which is very cheap for an NFL franchise. I would expect that this will be worked out before he dies.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Bills Stay or Go?

Yes. I mean no. I mean yes. I mean no.