PDA

View Full Version : Miami @ Bills

BADTHINGSMAN
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
According to channel 13 out of Rochester..

RockStar36
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
And according to BuffaloBills.com

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
and according to BillsZone.com...and BillsZone Forums (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=114976) :D

Scumbag College
12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Didn't Ralph a couple of years ago lobby for the Bills to only have 1:00 Sunday home games since the Bills are more of a regional team, with many fans coming from Syracuse, Utica, Olean, Albany, etc.?

I see this as a diservice to the Bills organization and the fans.

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I dont like having four o' clock games.

dolphan117
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
There are usually more 1 o'clock games then 4 o'clock games though so fans of both teams who don't have Sunday Ticket probably have a better chance at seeing the game since its been moved because CBS has the doubleheader this week.

Edit-Looks like the only AFC 4:15 games are the Bills VS. Fins and Denver VS. SD....... Most of us will probably get the Denver SD game though since it has playoff implications. :mad:

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Didn't Ralph a couple of years ago lobby for the Bills to only have 1:00 Sunday home games since the Bills are more of a regional team, with many fans coming from Syracuse, Utica, Olean, Albany, etc.?

I see this as a diservice to the Bills organization and the fans.
That's news to me...the only thing he's lobbied against to my knowledge was night games..and he relented on Sunday Nights

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 06:30 PM
That's news to me...the only thing he's lobbied against to my knowledge was night games..and he relented on Sunday Nights
If he really lobbied against night games then he is a horrible business man. That is national coverage, just what the Bills need if they are going to stay in Buffalo.

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
If he really lobbied against night games then he is a horrible business man. That is national coverage, just what the Bills need if they are going to stay in Buffalo.
We've had national games during the day...just a case of being in the top game. Ralph did it for the fans that travel long distances to games. The Bills fan base puts in a lot of miles on average to go to games...if we hosted a MNF game, for example...a lot of people would have to take 2 days off of work

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I dont like having four o' clock games.

:wail:

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 11:27 PM
We've had national games during the day...just a case of being in the top game. Ralph did it for the fans that travel long distances to games. The Bills fan base puts in a lot of miles on average to go to games...if we hosted a MNF game, for example...a lot of people would have to take 2 days off of work
Would it help if the stadium was moved to Buffalo?

BillsFanUK
12-05-2006, 11:37 PM
There are usually more 1 o'clock games then 4 o'clock games though so fans of both teams who don't have Sunday Ticket probably have a better chance at seeing the game since its been moved because CBS has the doubleheader this week.

Edit-Looks like the only AFC 4:15 games are the Bills VS. Fins and Denver VS. SD....... Most of us will probably get the Denver SD game though since it has playoff implications. :mad:

Yeah, Its not the Dolphins game that Denver@SD are the nonly other late game. Thats next week when we play the Jets but we're playing the Fins and its a 4:05pm ET start

jamze132
12-06-2006, 03:58 AM
We won't have any night games to sell tickets for until we can prove that we are a better football team for TV ratings.

The_Philster
12-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Would it help if the stadium was moved to Buffalo?
How would that help fans in Syracuse, Rochester, Olean, Southern Tier, etc?

Night Train
12-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Drunks now driving home in the dark.

Sharp thinking, NFL.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Drunks now driving home in the dark.

Sharp thinking, NFL.

they would do that at any time.... considering a 1pm game would end around 4...... by the time their on the road its 5 or 6pm depending on traffic........

i'd still much rather see a 1/4pm game than a sunday nighter

gr8slayer
12-06-2006, 10:44 AM
How would that help fans in Syracuse, Rochester, Olean, Southern Tier, etc?
I dont know the region well enough to have an opinion that's why I asked.

RockStar36
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I kind of like the 4 o'clock game. The only thing I don't like about the change is that I'm planning on possibly going to the game and it throws off my whole schedule.

As for not wanting night games. I assumed Ralph did that because Buffalo seems to have the reputation for being drunks (i.e. Last years Denver game).

I think I was at the last MNF home game in Buffalo. Back in like 94 or 95...I think.

The_Philster
12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
it's more the fact that Bills fans travel a long distance to get to games...and the last MNF game we hosted was in Sept of 94...against the Broncos in the retro uniforms

OpIv37
12-06-2006, 11:35 AM

and it means the Bills will have 5 straight weeks without HD.

RockStar36
12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
it's more the fact that Bills fans travel a long distance to get to games...and the last MNF game we hosted was in Sept of 94...against the Broncos in the retro uniforms

Yep, that's what I thought. I got to leave school early to go to the game. I was in 5th grade.