X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Spikes not visiting on Monday.

Linebacker Takeo Spikes denied a report out of the agent community that he is headed to Buffalo Monday

I still hope he is coming.

Good news however.

But the biggest guy on the Bengals’ list _ literally and figuratively _ doesn’t need to come to town. The agent for Raiders defensive tackle Sam Adams said the Bengals received his proposal Sunday, but Angelo Wright said that management is waiting to huddle with Lewis Monday before making the next move.

A deal with Adams could end Spikes’ career in Cincinnati. The Bengals would have to decide if they can afford both and still get through free agency in pursuit of a cornerback, safety, and a guard/center.

That would be tough given that the transition tag on Spikes costs $4.8 million and defensive linemen are getting some big numbers in this market. Cletidus Hunt got $6 million to stay in Green Bay and Daryl Gardner is supposedly on the verge of getting $5 million from the Broncos. Even Montae Reagor, who has started just one game for the Broncos, got a big number with a $2 million bonus from the Colts.
    Takeo still has to be brought in for a visit. Especially is the Bengals take the tag off. Without the tag Spikes will instantly become cheaper since we won't have to outbid the Bengals.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

we will have to outbid the rest of the nfl though.. everyone would want him.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Just because he denies reports means nothing...

Lorenzo Neal also said he wanted to be back with Cincinnati after talking with Marvin Lewis.

We'll have to wait and see, but I think this is why Peterson was pushed back.

-Bill

Comment

• clumping platelets

It's also gonna be very cold tomorrow

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I'm really not believing this report. I think Buffalo is secretly bringing him in today, but they are not telling anyone. Meanwhile, Cincy signs Sam Adams and then release the tag. Bills come up with a contract for Spikes right then and there. Takeo Spikes signs and becomes a Buffalo Bill!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Can I have some of what you are taking Mike? I need a trip

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

It's something good AWM. It's called patience and optimism. You know...something that Wys doesn't have!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

I'd like to slap who ever invented the rolling eyes smilie.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Comment

Working...
                      X