PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are the Bills coming back faster than planned?

Mitchy moo
12-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Regardless of fantasy injuries and speculation, we have our QB. Jp is improving weekly and looking like someone who can lead instead of pouting. Our O-line since the bye week has played much better and given JP time to throw, even Willis has blocked well when needed. Nate is starting look like Nate of old (we can sign him) and there are many more positive signs. I know we need some run stopping help and a patch or two here and there but how far off base are we if we have 3 losses to top 5 teams in the league by 3 points or less?

HHURRICANE
12-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Regardless of fantasy injuries and speculation, we have our QB. Jp is improving weekly and looking like someone who can lead instead of pouting. Our O-line since the bye week has played much better and given JP time to throw, even Willis has blocked well when needed. Nate is starting look like Nate of old (we can sign him) and there are many more positive signs. I know we need some run stopping help and a patch or two here and there but how far off base are we if we have 3 losses to top 5 teams in the league by 3 points or less?

Quick, delete this post before anybody sees it!!

Devin
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
:yawn:

Skooby if we dont sign Nate then what?

How do we fix our run D? And by that I mean specific names.

If Fletcher leaves who are our 3 LB's next year?

Who are we gonna sign at OG?

mchurchfie
12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Its you.:::

raphael120
12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
We need:

A GOOD RB, catching TE, 2nd WR, RT, RG, LG, DL, DE, MLB, OLB. Yeah...not too many holes there, spiff.

ICE74129
12-06-2006, 01:31 PM
We need:

A GOOD RB, catching TE, 2nd WR, RT, RG, LG, DL, DE, MLB, OLB. Yeah...not too many holes there, spiff.

those are all easilly done...IF Ralph wilson pony's up the signing bonus money. 33 mill in cap room is HUGE and we can do a ton with it.

raphael120
12-06-2006, 01:37 PM
yeh about as easy as signing wastes of space like royal, reyes, , nall, davis, bowen. well...bowen was signed for his awesome writing ability apparently...thats all he's contributed to the bills...writing a damn blog. thats worth the 2 mill.

Romes
12-06-2006, 01:43 PM
not being in the playoffs since the 1999-2000 season is a little slower than I had hoped.

kernowboy
12-06-2006, 02:17 PM
The previous management were clueless seemingly working without a plan.

We now have Marv and Dick and even if people don't like them, they have started to put some coherency into the team. Rather than having no idea what we were doing most posters with some differences are saying the same things and that gives me confidence for next year

OpIv37
12-06-2006, 02:22 PM

we need to resign or replace Nate and Fletch.
We're short on LB's.
We need to fix the run D.
We need OL help.
JP still has his ups and downs.
Willis still runs poorly and only shows up when he wants to.

Some young guys have stepped up and there's some reason for hope, but this team has a lot of work to do in the off-season. Don't get too excited yet.

Yasgur's Farm
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm concerned about signing Nate. Here's the way I see it...

1) Last season he had a less than steller year.
2) The first half of this season he was less than steller as well.
3) Then... Out of the blue... He shows to play the last 3 or 4 games.

The question is... Why have those 3 things happened? Certainly 1 possiblity is represented by the following series of hypothetical phone calls...

Nate's agent (just before the start of 2005 season) - Wow dawg, The Bills aren't gonna make you the highest paid CB!

Nate - F 'em. I gonna play out da season and cash in. They don't wanna pay for da bes', they ain't gonna get da bes'.

Nate's agent (just after the 2005 season) - Dawg!! You blew!! You may have blown the chance for me... I mean you to get rich.

Nate - It ain't no thing. Like I conversated with you b'foe... They don't wanna pay for da bes', they ain't gonna get da bes'.

Nate's agent (just after the Bills franchised him) - Dawg! They blocked your payday!

Nate - Damn man. Who day tink day is diprivi'n me of my monies. I show dem but good... They don't wanna pay for da bes', they ain't gonna get da bes'.

Nate's agent (just 1 month ago) - Dawg! Your stock is goi'n dawn like your momma at a Doug Flutie party!

Nate - I got it covered. Time to show da world... Nate Clemments is da bes' And if day wants da bes', day gonna hafta come up wid da scratch.

Nighthawk
12-06-2006, 07:45 PM
This team is not even close to competing for anything yet. I understand that everybody wants something to root for, but I just feel people are getting waaaay too excited over a couple of wins. This team needs a lot of help...in many areas.

Crisis
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
It's only been what? 7 years?

Mitchy moo
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I meant faster than planned from the TD era of unstable indecisive actions. He had no course or long term goals, just throw things against the wall and call himself a hero if it worked (which it didn't).