Do you want Willis McGahee as the Bills long term RB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Do you want Willis McGahee as the Bills long term RB?

A lot of people seem to have a problem with WM. Do you want him back as the Bills RB or is it time to move in another direction?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Do you want Willis McGahee as the Bills long term RB?

I don't think he will be. He will sign where there is more money. If he can start to hit the hole and average more than 4 yards per carry, than I say yeah, let's keep him. But if he continues his rendition of the "Waltz" each play, then let him go to wherver the money is.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
      • Aug 2005

We need another direction. We need a player who doesn't dance in the backfield like he is at the 70's disco club. The guy just doesn't hit the hole hard enough. I like Willis and I think he has a lot of potential, but at the same time I don't think he will ever reach that potential.
      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
        We need another direction. We need a player who doesn't dance in the backfield like he is at the 70's disco club. The guy just doesn't hit the hole hard enough. I like Willis and I think he has a lot of potential, but at the same time I don't think he will ever reach that potential.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

The problem with the running game is not just the lines fault. A lot of it falls on McGahee's shoulders. Like what has been said numerous times. He does not hit the hole fast enough and gives defenses that extra second to react and close the hole. Throw in the fact he is not good at blitz pick ups and he has been in this league long enough and has not improved much I think it is time to go in another direction. However, it is imperitive to get someone to replace him first. That will be tough because the Bills have a lot of big needs to address such a OL, DT, linebacker.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Build a good offensive line and I could succeed at RB on this team! Fix the LINES... do not give money do this over-hyped reject.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I agree with Pride. I think the OLine has a lot to do with it.

McGahee shows promise, more than TRavis Henry has. I am worried that he has injury prone issues as well as off field problems that have yet to surface.

I guess I just expected more from him.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

There are smaller running backs than Willis that get through the line easy, but it's not because they hit it hard (since they're smaller) it's because the line opens holes for them. Open more holes, and Willis will fly. Hell, open any hole for him, and he's gonna plow and keep plowing. I like how it takes forever for them to take him down in traffic. He gets those extra yards even when the D is collapsing on him.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I didn't want him in the first place. he hasn't done anything but make me want to punt kick him more.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

I really hope Willis and Rosenduchbag don't actually believe that they are going to break the bank in the future... Willis has done little to nothing to even warrant a pay raise... For the people that blame the line then look at how the A-train runs behind it!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

I think Willis is a pretty good back. not elite, but good enough to win with.

We have enough other needs this offseason, I'm really hoping there's no holdout issue and we can play him for another year. I don't think we have the luxury this year of replacing positions that we are fairly solid at--need to spend our resources upgrading positions that we really suck at.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BillsNick
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Do you want him back as the Bills RB or is it time to move in another direction?

NO. Time to move in another direction.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                          I really hope Willis and Rosenduchbag don't actually believe that they are going to break the bank in the future... Willis has done little to nothing to even warrant a pay raise... For the people that blame the line then look at how the A-train runs behind it!
                          I'm sorry didn't T Henry have 1400 yard seasons or close to it behind this line...hummmm.....(BTW I am backing your point )

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Here's the heart of the issue with Willis. When the OL opens holes, he takes advantage and has monster games. When the OL struggles, instead of taking over the game he goes "F this- I'm not doing my job if they're not doing theirs" and he dances and doesn't put in the effort.

I could take him or leave him- if there is a suitable replacement, let him go.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Right now, NO. That could change though.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X