PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Willis McGahee as the Bills long term RB?

Ebenezer
12-07-2006, 03:18 AM
A lot of people seem to have a problem with WM. Do you want him back as the Bills RB or is it time to move in another direction?

:feedback:

jamze132
12-07-2006, 04:17 AM
I don't think he will be. He will sign where there is more money. If he can start to hit the hole and average more than 4 yards per carry, than I say yeah, let's keep him. But if he continues his rendition of the "Waltz" each play, then let him go to wherver the money is.

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-07-2006, 05:53 AM
We need another direction. We need a player who doesn't dance in the backfield like he is at the 70's disco club. The guy just doesn't hit the hole hard enough. I like Willis and I think he has a lot of potential, but at the same time I don't think he will ever reach that potential.

Night Train
12-07-2006, 06:47 AM
We need another direction. We need a player who doesn't dance in the backfield like he is at the 70's disco club. The guy just doesn't hit the hole hard enough. I like Willis and I think he has a lot of potential, but at the same time I don't think he will ever reach that potential.

:bf1:

don137
12-07-2006, 06:59 AM
The problem with the running game is not just the lines fault. A lot of it falls on McGahee's shoulders. Like what has been said numerous times. He does not hit the hole fast enough and gives defenses that extra second to react and close the hole. Throw in the fact he is not good at blitz pick ups and he has been in this league long enough and has not improved much I think it is time to go in another direction. However, it is imperitive to get someone to replace him first. That will be tough because the Bills have a lot of big needs to address such a OL, DT, linebacker.

Pride
12-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Build a good offensive line and I could succeed at RB on this team! Fix the LINES... do not give money do this over-hyped reject.

RedEyE
12-07-2006, 07:28 AM
I agree with Pride. I think the OLine has a lot to do with it.

McGahee shows promise, more than TRavis Henry has. I am worried that he has injury prone issues as well as off field problems that have yet to surface.

I guess I just expected more from him.

mybills
12-07-2006, 07:35 AM
There are smaller running backs than Willis that get through the line easy, but it's not because they hit it hard (since they're smaller) it's because the line opens holes for them. Open more holes, and Willis will fly. Hell, open any hole for him, and he's gonna plow and keep plowing. I like how it takes forever for them to take him down in traffic. He gets those extra yards even when the D is collapsing on him. :up:

ICE74129
12-07-2006, 07:41 AM
I didn't want him in the first place. he hasn't done anything but make me want to punt kick him more.

alohabillsfan
12-07-2006, 07:45 AM
I really hope Willis and Rosenduchbag don't actually believe that they are going to break the bank in the future... Willis has done little to nothing to even warrant a pay raise... For the people that blame the line then look at how the A-train runs behind it!

Saratoga Slim
12-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I think Willis is a pretty good back. not elite, but good enough to win with.

We have enough other needs this offseason, I'm really hoping there's no holdout issue and we can play him for another year. I don't think we have the luxury this year of replacing positions that we are fairly solid at--need to spend our resources upgrading positions that we really suck at.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Do you want him back as the Bills RB or is it time to move in another direction?

:feedback:

NO. Time to move in another direction.

ICE74129
12-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I really hope Willis and Rosenduchbag don't actually believe that they are going to break the bank in the future... Willis has done little to nothing to even warrant a pay raise... For the people that blame the line then look at how the A-train runs behind it!

I'm sorry didn't T Henry have 1400 yard seasons or close to it behind this line...hummmm.....(BTW I am backing your point :bandwagon )

OpIv37
12-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Here's the heart of the issue with Willis. When the OL opens holes, he takes advantage and has monster games. When the OL struggles, instead of taking over the game he goes "F this- I'm not doing my job if they're not doing theirs" and he dances and doesn't put in the effort.

I could take him or leave him- if there is a suitable replacement, let him go.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Right now, NO. That could change though.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry didn't T Henry have 1400 yard seasons or close to it behind this line...hummmm

NO!

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:31 AM
If the price is right, hell yeah. But if he wants big time money for achieving absolutely nothing, forget it.

madness
12-07-2006, 11:43 AM
There are smaller running backs than Willis that get through the line easy, but it's not because they hit it hard (since they're smaller) it's because the line opens holes for them. Open more holes, and Willis will fly. Hell, open any hole for him, and he's gonna plow and keep plowing. I like how it takes forever for them to take him down in traffic. He gets those extra yards even when the D is collapsing on him. :up:

Left tit, ppls, left tit.

DynaPaul
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Not living up to the hype. Let this "Da U" turd go somewhere else.

Michael82
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's the heart of the issue with Willis. When the OL opens holes, he takes advantage and has monster games. When the OL struggles, instead of taking over the game he goes "F this- I'm not doing my job if they're not doing theirs" and he dances and doesn't put in the effort.

I could take him or leave him- if there is a suitable replacement, let him go.
Best answer yet. :clap:

raphael120
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
mind you this is the season that mcgahee was in such good shape and took off the "extra pounds" that were making him "slower and sluggish". looks like he needs to go to etheopia to get to the size he wants to be fast

kernowboy
12-07-2006, 05:04 PM
He plays for himself not the team. He puts in a dazzling run even a dazzling game but its always a flash in the pan

He's entering a contract year.

He won't re sign.

We can keep for another season or ride A Train until 2008 when there is more RB depth than in this years draft

Trade McGahee, if necessary for picks in 2008 and then draft Darren McFadden or Darius Walker or similar

A great RB makes a bad line look good. An average RB makes an average line look poor

Statman
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I wonder how many of the same people were jacked to bring him here to begin with.

don137
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
I really do not think WM's heart is in being here. He always has his best games against his best buddy Jonathon Vilma because he wants bragging rights . That gives him extra motivation but for some reason playing against 30 other teams besides the Jets is not motivation enough.

Yasgur's Farm
12-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I was very happy when we drafted him. After his 1st season playing, I would have bet both my nuts that he'd be a perenial top 3 with at least a 4.4 yards per carry average.

I've been disenchanted with him for a year now. Time to move on.

Package him (and TKO if necessary) with our number 1 so we can move up and get Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett.

Drive 4 Five
12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
NO. Time to move in another direction.

Man I agree. Like most of us, at one time or another, I was a huge fan of this guy's, but ever since that first year he took over for Henry, he hasn't been the same. He runs his mouth constantly, about how he is the best back in the league and then comes up with some lame ass 1.3 yd/carry performance in the biggest game of the season. Hell he could run right up to the line and fall forward and still pick up at least 3 yds. He could at least do that. That would be better than most of his performances lately and to top it off, he is getting hurt an awful lot these days. Anthony Thomas is not the back that McGahee is, neither was Henry, but both of those guys played their butts off and made the most of the talent they do have. We don't get that from Willis and soon he will be asking for some ridiculous ass money. Screw all that.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I put him in the same category as JP. Exact same category.

With so many holes on this team replacing JP or Willis, at this point, doesn't make alot of sense. They both play well enough.

However, Willis probably has alot more trade value and if we could get a bigger need player like DT or DE than I would trade and hope to find a starting RB in the draft to play with A-train.

If Willis is playing here next year there is no reason to draft yet another RB. It reminds of the time that we had a really good running back named Travis Henry and for no good reason our GM got bamboozled into drafting....oh, I guess you know that one.