PDA

View Full Version : Jets fan here....i come in peace.

emslave
12-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Just wanted to drop by to say hello to my fellow NFL fans :bigwave:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I am a big time Jets fan and mostly post on jetsinsider which i am sure most of you are familiar with......i am looking forward to the game this week, and although i believe the jets are a better team.....anything could happen especially with the possibility of McGahee being out.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
So here is the other reason i am here.....a few of you guys have come over and had less then pleasant visits with a lot of crap flying back and forth, but on most part guys like jokejokejokejoke (i don’t know his user here) have shown up and have been stand up guys, and have had good conversation.......which brings up to jplosman7....does this guy post here? and if so any possibility you can come get him......he is making you guys look real bad.<o:p></o:p>
Your friend the jets fan :cheers:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 08:31 AM
welcome.

This jet fan has more class than the bill trolls.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't bother to go anywhere else. This is the greatest team forum in the universe.

As for anyone who posts over there, couldn't tell ya. Though we've had some Jests trolls over here a bit.

McGahee being out is not a big deal to us since A-Train is more than capable of handling the load, so don't expect a drop off in production. If anything, A-Train hits the holes harder and is more willing to power the ball through defenders.

Your team has been playing well, but so have we, minus some miscues in the SD game. Should be a tough game for both teams, and I'm looking forward to it.

emslave
12-07-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't bother to go anywhere else. This is the greatest team forum in the universe.

As for anyone who posts over there, couldn't tell ya. Though we've had some Jests trolls over here a bit.

McGahee being out is not a big deal to us since A-Train is more than capable of handling the load, so don't expect a drop off in production. If anything, A-Train hits the holes harder and is more willing to power the ball through defenders.

Your team has been playing well, but so have we, minus some miscues in the SD game. Should be a tough game for both teams, and I'm looking forward to it.

lol considering that McGahee puts up about 200 each time we see each other......i absolutely expect a drop-off in production :)

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Good luck sunday man! Should be a good game!

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 08:48 AM
lol considering that McGahee puts up about 200 each time we see each other......i absolutely expect a drop-off in production :)

Touche'

clumping platelets
12-07-2006, 08:50 AM
I'll take 150 :up:

emslave
12-07-2006, 08:52 AM
ill be honest i fully expect your RB whoever it is to run up and down the field but i also expect your QB to make mistakes at critical times, and make the bad decisions that will cost you the game....Losman is less then stellar....

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Have you seen Losman lately? He is much improved. However not to say he won't make a mistake.

Luisito23
12-07-2006, 09:13 AM
:jetsuck:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 09:16 AM
ill be honest i fully expect your RB whoever it is to run up and down the field but i also expect your QB to make mistakes at critical times, and make the bad decisions that will cost you the game....Losman is less then stellar....

Most QB's in the league are "less than stellar", including your boy Chad.

Stellar = Brady, Manning, Brees types.

And BTW, Losman is a different QB than when we played the first time.

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
:welcome:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Lol

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 09:21 AM
:idunno:

emslave
12-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Most QB's in the league are "less than stellar", including your boy Chad.

Stellar = Brady, Manning, Brees types.

And BTW, Losman is a different QB than when we played the first time.

i havent seen Losman play lately but judging by the stats before the SD game the last good game he had was mid october and even that wasnt a great game (i am not counting the texans because they really do suck)....the SD game he did well, 2TDs 2INTs.....but i am not ready to call him a different QB off 1 game.

emslave
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
:idunno:

thanks dude.

are you like the resident Fin fan around here? :bandwagon

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
One of them:up:

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
i havent seen Losman play lately but judging by the stats before the SD game the last good game he had was mid october and even that wasnt a great game (i am not counting the texans because they really do suck)....the SD game he did well, 2TDs 2INTs.....but i am not ready to call him a different QB off 1 game.

Then it's fair to say that you've really not done your homework? :list:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
thanks dude.

are you like the resident Fin fan around here? :bandwagon
he's a bills fan in denial.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 09:36 AM
One of them:up:

Don't be so modest, ya big lug!

LtFinFan66 is THEE resident fin fan. And the most respected one for that matter.

Even though he loves those gay fin colors :snicker:

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
he's a bills fan in denial.:no:

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 09:38 AM
welcome.

This jet fan has more class than the bill trolls.

A troll is a troll no matter what team they are rooting for!!

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 09:39 AM
:goodpost:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:39 AM
:no:
The prosecution rests :D

emslave
12-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Then it's fair to say that you've really not done your homework? :list:

i dont know if you are being sarcastic or implying that the stats dont tell the story :)

going by stats alone.......i am not sold.......

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM

Uhh, his numbers are almost identical to Chad's except for having 5 less interceptions. Maybe we should be expecting your QB to make a mistake at a critical time?!

emslave
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
ok i dont know why or how but i am in -48 over here....what gives :candle:

emslave
12-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Uhh, his numbers are almost identical to Chad's except for having 5 less interceptions. Maybe we should be expecting your QB to make a mistake at a critical time?!

Chad isnt Peyton Manning but the one thing he doesnt do is makes alot of mistakes.....if you watched him you would know that.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Chad isnt Peyton Manning but the one thing he doesnt do is makes alot of mistakes.....if you watched him you would know that.
I hope he get's reacquianted with Schobel.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 09:49 AM
i dont know if you are being sarcastic or implying that the stats dont tell the story :)

going by stats alone.......i am not sold.......

There's your problem. You're looking at stats alone.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 09:50 AM

So you're saying we shouldn't look at just the stats?

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
ok i think we should separate the 2........

i am not saying Losman is good or bad judging by stats....what i am saying is when i HAVE seen him he hasnt been good.....and since i have seen him very little i have to rely on stats.

for Chad...i have seen every game he has every started, so i know exactly how good he is....regardless of stats.

so if this week Losman shows me something, ill agree with you that he is a different QB then he was in week 3.

is that fair?

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I hope he get's reacquianted with Schobel.

i like Schobel......but he aint getting through our OL.....as much as you guys think Losman is a different QB in week 3.....the OL you saw in week 3 is not the same OL you will see sunday....that i guarantee...

we gave up 2 sacks to the bears (if memory serves) and only 1 of them was legit.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
ok i think we should separate the 2........

i am not saying Chad is good or bad judging by stats....what i am saying is when i HAVE seen him he hasnt been good.....and since i have seen him very little i have to rely on stats.

for Losman...i have seen every game he has every started, so i know exactly how good he is....regardless of stats.

so if this week Chad shows me something, ill agree with you that he is a different QB then he was in week 3.

is that fair?

We can easily change names in this and it makes sense both ways.

QB talk aside, we should be in for a good game this week.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM

JP and Chad have turned the ball over the exact same amout of times between fumbles and INTs. So I don't have any idea what the hell you are talking about? Plus the Jets have a way better line.

Your rep just got worse.:negrep:

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:09 AM
JP and Chad have turned the ball over the exact same amout of times between fumbles and INTs. So I don't have any idea what the hell you are talking about? Plus the Jets have a way better line.

Your rep just got worse.:negrep:

i dont know why you insist on hating on me.....but if you want to argue that Chad is a better game manager and a guy who makes less mistakes you really havent watched the jets...or the bills....

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
i dont know why you insist on hating on me.....but if you want to argue that Chad is a better game manager and a guy who makes less mistakes you really havent watched the jets...or the bills....

Em - as of right now, Chad is a better game manager, as he should be. He is a veteren, not an up and coming youngster.

Losman is getting better and better each game, and he is especially excelling in his 4th quarter game management. Don't make the mistake of not taking Losman serious. He will make you pay if you do.

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Em - as of right now, Chad is a better game manager, as he should be. He is a veteren, not an up and coming youngster.

Losman is getting better and better each game, and he is especially excelling in his 4th quarter game management. Don't make the mistake of not taking Losman serious. He will make you pay if you do.

my point exactly....Chad has proved his worth in close games.....JP is starting to but hasnt.....this sunday will be a telling game on both fronts.....beating a division team who is playing well would be huge for him.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 10:18 AM
If you put Chad's brain and put it on Losman, you'd have a QB.

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:20 AM
If you put Chad's brain and put it on Losman, you'd have a QB.

if you combine Chads brain and touch with Losmas arm strengh and mobility you have a pro bowl QB.....

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 10:21 AM
if you combine Chads brain and touch with Losmas arm strengh and mobility you have a pro bowl QB.....
:hi5:

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:21 AM
my point exactly....Chad has proved his worth in close games.....JP is starting to but hasnt.....this sunday will be a telling game on both fronts.....beating a division team who is playing well would be huge for him.

I really think that both of our teams are on the upswing. Both teams are believing in what they are doing. This is a great matchup, and the NFL knows that, which is why they moved us to the 4:15 slot.

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Don't be so modest, ya big lug!

LtFinFan66 is THEE resident fin fan. And the most respected one for that matter.:snicker::cheers:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 10:28 AM

that's something that experience can fix. JP doesn't have Chad's experience so it's not fair to compare their brains at this point. Another thing is, JP hasn't had a decent OL since he's been here unlike Chad. Chad has also had a Curtis Martin during his learning years to help him devlop.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:29 AM
:cheers:

I see you left out the "gay fin colors" part! :snicker:

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:31 AM
its hard for me to speak to potential....my instinct would be to say that Losman will always be a gunslinger because he was that in college and he has been that in the pros.....but ive been wrong before.

Chad has the smart guy with touch at marshal as well....when he was drafted he fell to 18 purely because he came out of marshal and because of his arm strengh.

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I see you left out the "gay fin colors" part! :snicker:Damn right!!

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I like Chad, and I always have. I respect him for the way he carries himself and for the way he plays. He is a good quarterback IMO.

What I like is the fire in Losman. This kid IS going to be good for us, for a long time. He's got a lot of passion for the game, and he's got a rocket arm. He reminds me of a young cross between Brett Favre and John Elway. I think his future is bright in Buffalo.

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Damn right!!

:hi5:

Hi fivea!

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 11:55 AM

I don't hate you!! However, if you are going to post crap and not back it up than I'm going to thump you!! Your QB has made the same number of "critical mistakes" as ours. Matter-of-fact wasn't it Chad that made 2 critical INTs in the red zone, aginst the Bears, that cost you the game? I've watched a bunch of Jets games. Want to continue?

emslave
12-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't hate you!! However, if you are going to post crap and not back it up than I'm going to thump you!! Your QB has made the same number of "critical mistakes" as ours. Matter-of-fact wasn't it Chad that made 2 critical INTs in the red zone, aginst the Bears, that cost you the game? I've watched a bunch of Jets games. Want to continue?

you sound like such a know it all joker its not even funny.....you want to sit here and argue with me who makes mistakes at crunch time and who comes up big?

I think most people on your own board including some that sound a heck of alot smarter then you would agree with ME....that pennington is a better game manager and makes less critical mistakes.....wanna start a pole? i didnt think so numb nuts.

emslave
12-07-2006, 01:02 PM

in the interest of fairness i posted this question on our board...i want to see if maybe i am being unreasonable in assuming people know that Chad is a better game manager, and is less prone to making mistakes in crucial times then JP. We have a load of bills fans over there right now as well so i want to see what everyone thinks.....

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I think most people on your own board including some that sound a heck of alot smarter then you would agree with ME....that pennington is a better game manager and makes less critical mistakes.....wanna start a pole? i didnt think so numb nuts.

"i also expect your QB to make mistakes at critical times, and make the bad decisions that will cost you the game....Losman is less then stellar...."

This is your quote, right?! I didn't post this crap you did. You didn't say that Chad is a better game manager (whcih I agree with) and that's why you are going to win the game you said "Losman is less than stellar" and was going to make a critical mistake. And I pointed out that Chad and JP have given the ball away the SAME AMOUNT OF TIMES.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 02:43 PM
in the interest of fairness i posted this question on our board...i want to see if maybe i am being unreasonable in assuming people know that Chad is a better game manager, and is less prone to making mistakes in crucial times then JP. We have a load of bills fans over there right now as well so i want to see what everyone thinks.....

Whatever. Can you just stay on your site as your bring nothing to this one.

emslave
12-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Whatever. Can you just stay on your site as your bring nothing to this one.

dude i was having pleasant convo with several guys around here.....you dont like what i have to say getta steppin.......sheesh, some people.

Banks81
12-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I am also a new Jet fan to this site. I come in peace as well

shelby
12-07-2006, 04:38 PM
:welcome: to the Zone!

:gobills:

:jetsuck:

LtFinFan66
12-07-2006, 04:41 PM

emslave
12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
:welcome: to the Zone!

:gobills:

:jetsuck:

Shelby your 25,000 posts say you like the bills....but i can tell you bleed green!

HendersonD06
12-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Emslave. just ignore this guy... We all know Chad can mannage a game better than J.P, we all know the Jets are going to win this week @ the Meadowlands... Look for Vilma to have a break-out game this week, and look for the Bills LB, Wire, to make a crutial mistake.

I just dont see a Bills W this week. By the way, chad is one of the Best QB's in the redzone... He really never makes any mistakes down there, other than the Bears game, Chad is Chad in the Red-Zone, which is usually money.

Jets 27-
Jills 13

emslave
12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Emslave. just ignore this guy... We all know Chad can mannage a game better than J.P, we all know the Jets are going to win this week @ the Meadowlands... Look for Vilma to have a break-out game this week, and look for the Bills LB, Wire, to make a crutial mistake.

I just dont see a Bills W this week. By the way, chad is one of the Best QB's in the redzone... He really never makes any mistakes down there, other than the Bears game, Chad is Chad in the Red-Zone, which is usually money.

Jets 27-
Jills 13

the funny part is i am never this objective.....

Losman has 12 fumbles! 12!

The bills are 31st in the NFL in 3rd downs! 31! if thats not indicative of a QB.....i am sorry if you are not allowed to say anything against the bills around here but Chad is a better in game QB right now. He doesnt have the physical tools JP does...but the guy doesnt loose games for his team....

honestly all stats aside, all you have to do is watch the 2 guys play to see who the better QB is right now.

jamze132
12-08-2006, 06:39 AM
i like Schobel......but he aint getting through our OL.....as much as you guys think Losman is a different QB in week 3.....the OL you saw in week 3 is not the same OL you will see sunday....that i guarantee...

we gave up 2 sacks to the bears (if memory serves) and only 1 of them was legit.
I bet we have 2 sacks. I feel it, and when we do, I fully expect you to eat your crow. Likewise, if we can't get 2 sacks, then I will give you props.

jamze132
12-08-2006, 06:47 AM
You combine Chad's 14 year old farmer girls looks with Rosie O'Donnell's body and you have a QB that looks like Rosie O'Donnell and moves like her as well.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 08:44 AM

The bills are 31st in the NFL in 3rd downs! 31! if thats not indicative of a QB.....i am sorry if you are not allowed to say anything against the bills around here but Chad is a better in game QB right now. He doesnt have the physical tools JP does...but the guy doesnt loose games for his team....

honestly all stats aside, all you have to do is watch the 2 guys play to see who the better QB is right now.

The funny part about you and Henderson is that you don't read well, including your own posts. However, it's Friday and let's start a new. Let's begin:

1) Chad is a better QB than JP. He should be considering he has played 3 times the amount of games.

2) I actually think the Jets will win. Never said they wouldn't. If the Bills had beaten the Chargers I would have thought differently. Plus we are way to banged up now. Wire vs. Crowell, ouch!!

3) Dude this is your quote which stated the whole thing in the first place: "i also expect your QB to make mistakes at critical times, and make the bad decisions that will cost you the game....Losman is less then stellar...."<!-- / message -->

4) In regards to your statement, JP has actually been pretty clutch in critical times. Has he been inconsistant? Yes. Was he turning the ball over a ton prior to the bye? Yes. Has he lost us a game? NO!! When we've been in games he's played well.

5) I don't hate you or the Jet's. I just thought your post was wrong. If the game is close JP will not "cost us the game". However, if the Jets come out hot early than we are officially toast. Our D is going to be a huge liability this weekend.

Peace!!

mybills
12-08-2006, 09:17 AM
the funny part is i am never this objective..
Put down the stat charts and you can be. :snicker:
Stats never tell the whole story, and since you've already admitted to not watching the Bills much, you shouldn't even have mentioned them.

But welcome to the zone.
I'll be screaming from the stands this Sunday, how 'bout you?

emslave
12-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Put down the stat charts and you can be. :snicker:
Stats never tell the whole story, and since you've already admitted to not watching the Bills much, you shouldn't even have mentioned them.

But welcome to the zone.
I'll be screaming from the stands this Sunday, how 'bout you?

i dont know...i have tix but its so colddddddddddddddd.......and hot chocolate at the medowlands in december is 8 bucks....and its not that hot.... :whoosh:

emslave
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
The funny part about you and Henderson is that you don't read well, including your own posts. However, it's Friday and let's start a new. Let's begin:

1) Chad is a better QB than JP. He should be considering he has played 3 times the amount of games.

2) I actually think the Jets will win. Never said they wouldn't. If the Bills had beaten the Chargers I would have thought differently. Plus we are way to banged up now. Wire vs. Crowell, ouch!!

3) Dude this is your quote which stated the whole thing in the first place: "i also expect your QB to make mistakes at critical times, and make the bad decisions that will cost you the game....Losman is less then stellar...."<!-- / message -->

4) In regards to your statement, JP has actually been pretty clutch in critical times. Has he been inconsistant? Yes. Was he turning the ball over a ton prior to the bye? Yes. Has he lost us a game? NO!! When we've been in games he's played well.

5) I don't hate you or the Jet's. I just thought your post was wrong. If the game is close JP will not "cost us the game". However, if the Jets come out hot early than we are officially toast. Our D is going to be a huge liability this weekend.

Peace!!

HHURRICANE i think we are going in circles......you seem like an objective guy so lets just see what the game has to say......if Losman throws an interception off his back foot with 5 minutes to go in a close game i am commin to collect bud. :jam:

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 09:23 AM
HHURRICANE i think we are going in circles......you seem like an objective guy so lets just see what the game has to say......if Losman throws an interception off his back foot with 5 minutes to go in a close game i am commin to collect bud. :jam:

If that happens, I will Fed-Ex you a whole case!!

TigerJ
12-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Both Buffalo and the Jets are different teams from when they played the last time. It's going to make for an interesting game. I figure the Bills' improvement gives them a chance to win, not to mention they played the Jets tough last time, therefore the homer in me causes me to pick the Bills.

mybills
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
i dont know...i have tix but its so colddddddddddddddd.......and hot chocolate at the medowlands in december is 8 bucks....and its not that hot.... :whoosh:
so dress warm, ya big baby! :chuckle:

BP
12-08-2006, 05:00 PM

It's supposed to be in the 50's on Sunday...:whoosh:

Hot chocolate??? WTF???:roflmao:

Mad Bomber
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM

Cold hot dogs and warm beers. :up:

LifetimeBillsFan
12-09-2006, 02:34 AM
....what i am saying is when i HAVE seen him he hasnt been good.....and since i have seen him very little i have to rely on stats.

for Chad...i have seen every game he has every started, so i know exactly how good he is....regardless of stats...

This summarizes the essence of the hostility that you have gotten in response to your posts about JP Losman, emslave.

You have seen Pennington play every game, so you know which of his turnovers this season have been the result of mistakes or a stupid decision on his part and which have not. So, you have every right to say what you have about him.

Well, the same thing applies to most of the Bills fans here with regard to JP Losman--they have seen every game that he has started this season and can make the same judgements about his play that you can about Pennington. But, you admittedly have not seen Losman play that often--which means that you have not had a chance to follow his progress as closely as we Bills fans who have been watching him have been doing.

Now, considering that some of the Bills fans who post here, myself included, live in the metro NYC area, there are some Bills fans who post here who have seen all or most of the games that BOTH QBs have played in this season. And, if you are sincerely interested in getting a Bills fan's take on the two QBs and teams, you might not want to write off, out-of-hand, what those posters have to say on the subject.

If you are interested, read on and I will give you my take:

Both teams are better than they were when they first met in Buffalo. The wind is expected to die down by Sunday and it should be a nice day--which could help the Bills because they won't have to contend with the wind that they had to deal with in the first game when they try to throw the ball deep. But, the game is in the Meadowlands, which is a huge advantage for the Jets, even though the Bills are playing much better on the road this season than they have in recent years. Home field advantage could prove to be critical in this match-up.

The Jets do have an advantage at QB with Pennington, who has come back better than most expected from his injuries and, with his accuracy, is a master of the short passing game. Pennington has always been a smart, heady QB and he has a big advantage in experience, having lead the Jets to the playoffs twice before was hurt. While he had been in a bit of a slump recently, he bounced back nicely with a big game against the Packers. Pennington has also always been streaky and, if the Bills let him get on a roll early, it would not be surprising to see him carry over the success that he had in GB against a banged-up Bills defense. However, given his recent slump, if the Bills can keep Pennington from getting into a rhythm or get him out of his comfort zone, the Jets could struggle. Still, it is fair to say that the Jets do have a bit of an advantage at QB based on Pennington's experience and most recent performance.

But, it would be unwise to write off JP Losman as most in the NYC area media have. He is NOT the same QB that he was last year or at the beginning of the season. Despite having some games where he has taken a backwards step and some others where the coaching staff tried to protect him by barely letting him throw the ball, Losman has made considerable progress over the course of this season--progress that has made even some of his vocal critics amongst Bills fans recognize why the team decided to draft him. Pennington could only wish he had the physical gifts that Losman has--but, Losman lacks the experience and headiness that Pennington has. The last time the Bills and Jets played, Losman demonstrated that, if the team needs to have him throw the ball a lot, he can move the team and put up big numbers--that was a relatively new experience for him. One thing that Losman and his teammates have learned since the last time they played the Jets is how to win a close game at the end--that was something that Losman and this collection of Bills players had not done in recent years.

Now, I know that Losman's stats aren't pretty and I will admit that there have been some games this season where he has not played well. But, Losman isn't the only player on the field when the Bills are on offense and, just as you know what Pennington brings to the Jets that doesn't show up in the stats, we Bills fans know that some of the reasons that Losman's stats look the way they do has to do with the other players around him. Quite frankly, prior to the Bills' bye week, their offensive line couldn't pass protect to save their lives. And, while they have improved since then, they have stil struggled in pass protection against teams with elite outside pass rushers--GB, Indy and SD--which has caused the Bills coaching staff to rein in Losman and the Bills passing game considerably in order to help the offensive line give some protection to Losman. The Bills have barely used their TEs and RBs in the passing game and have avoided using multiple receiver sets in many situations because of the weakness of their offensive line--which, obviously, is going to hurt their QB statistically.

The Bills have been gradually opening up their passing game since revamping their offensive line over the bye week with pretty good results. And, I expect that they will continue to do so against the Jets this week. While SD was able to put a lot of pressure on the Bills with their OLBs in the 3-4, the Jets do not have the same kind of pass-rushers as SD, especially if Thomas is out or limited by his injury (don't take that as a homeristic criticism of the Jets, but, let's face it, the Jets don't have a pass rusher of the quality of a Merriman, Freeney or Gbaja-Biamila/Kampman). Which may force the Jets to use more blitzes to get pressure on Losman. While the Bills have struggled more against 3-4 defenses than 4-3 defenses this season, they are familiar with the Parcells/Belichick system that Mangini's Jets use and, if Losman can get the ball out quickly against the Jets when they blitz, he can make them pay. The big question is whether the Bills' offensive line will give Losman time to get the ball out.

The thing that concerns me about the Bills offense, as a Bills fan, is not whether JP Losman will be able to throw the ball, but whether they will be able to run the ball. That may sound strange given how well McGahee has done against the Jets in the past, but this game isn't being played in the past. The Bills' revamped offensive line has been much better in pass blocking since the bye week, but has not been very good at all at run blocking. McGahee has been banged up and, perhaps understandably given his three broken ribs and sprained ankle, has been running tentatively since his injury. The Bills MUST run the ball effectively--which means a whole lot better than they have in recent weeks--and McGahee must run hard when he is in the game for the Bills to keep the Jets from teeing off on their pass-rush. If the Bills can run the ball well enough to make the Jets respect the run, the offensive line should be able to protect Losman better than they did in the first meeting between the two teams. With Losman playing a lot better than he was then, if that happens, this will be a very good, close game.

I, probably like most Bills fans, am concerned about how well the Bills' defense will hold up. For me, that is equal parts worry about how banged up the Bills defense is and how poorly they have been playing the run lately and respect for Pennington and his ability to keep opposing defenses off-balance. It is here where I see Pennington's edge in experience over Losman most coming into play because, if Pennington and the Jets are able to put up a lot of points on the Bills' defense, that will put a lot of pressure on Losman and the Bills' offense to answer. It's not that Losman and the Bills don't have the abilty to answer if that happens, it's that they have not shown yet that they can be consistent enough in every aspect of the offense (passing, running and especially line play) to win a shoot-out.

Following the Bills as closely as I do, I would rate the play of the Bills' offensive line and whether the Bills defense can stop the Jets offense, especially their running game, as much bigger concerns than how Losman will play going into this game. That's not to say that Losman will light it up on Sunday or that he won't make some mistakes or even turn the ball over--he might, we won't know until they play the game--but the improvement in his play over the course of this season has now made other issues as big or even greater problems for the Bills.

Finally: if there is any question in your mind about my saying that Losman's performance is also dependent on the other players around him, just look at what has happened to B.Roethlisberger and C.Palmer this season--both have been inconsistent and their play has suffered due to the loss of players in their supporting casts. Both have suffered. And, also, look at Eli Manning--he has not played well (the stats say not nearly as well as Losman), but how much has he and the Giants' offense suffered since the loss of Amani Toomer?). Now, keep in mind that I'm not saying that Losman is a great QB or even that he has really arrived yet--just that he has improved a lot over the course of this season and is not the lousy bust at QB that a lot of the NYC and even national sport media still think that he is based on what little that they have seen of him from last year and against the top teams in the league that the Bills as a team were over-matched against (ie Chicago, NE and SD). Like the Jets, the Bills are a young, improving team and Losman is a young, improving QB. Which also means that both teams and Losman, as an individual player, can be and have been inconsistent. And, that will only serve to make this game even more intriguing....

BleedinGreenNC
12-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I will toast both teams after this classic AFC East battle!!!

Good luck to all fans, stay safe and have a brew for me!!

mybills
12-09-2006, 01:10 PM
AWESOME POST, LtBF! :bf1:

emslave
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
This summarizes the essence of the hostility that you have gotten in response to your posts about JP Losman, emslave.

You have seen Pennington play every game, so you know which of his turnovers this season have been the result of mistakes or a stupid decision on his part and which have not. So, you have every right to say what you have about him.

Well, the same thing applies to most of the Bills fans here with regard to JP Losman--they have seen every game that he has started this season and can make the same judgements about his play that you can about Pennington. But, you admittedly have not seen Losman play that often--which means that you have not had a chance to follow his progress as closely as we Bills fans who have been watching him have been doing.

Now, considering that some of the Bills fans who post here, myself included, live in the metro NYC area, there are some Bills fans who post here who have seen all or most of the games that BOTH QBs have played in this season. And, if you are sincerely interested in getting a Bills fan's take on the two QBs and teams, you might not want to write off, out-of-hand, what those posters have to say on the subject.

If you are interested, read on and I will give you my take:

Both teams are better than they were when they first met in Buffalo. The wind is expected to die down by Sunday and it should be a nice day--which could help the Bills because they won't have to contend with the wind that they had to deal with in the first game when they try to throw the ball deep. But, the game is in the Meadowlands, which is a huge advantage for the Jets, even though the Bills are playing much better on the road this season than they have in recent years. Home field advantage could prove to be critical in this match-up.

The Jets do have an advantage at QB with Pennington, who has come back better than most expected from his injuries and, with his accuracy, is a master of the short passing game. Pennington has always been a smart, heady QB and he has a big advantage in experience, having lead the Jets to the playoffs twice before was hurt. While he had been in a bit of a slump recently, he bounced back nicely with a big game against the Packers. Pennington has also always been streaky and, if the Bills let him get on a roll early, it would not be surprising to see him carry over the success that he had in GB against a banged-up Bills defense. However, given his recent slump, if the Bills can keep Pennington from getting into a rhythm or get him out of his comfort zone, the Jets could struggle. Still, it is fair to say that the Jets do have a bit of an advantage at QB based on Pennington's experience and most recent performance.

But, it would be unwise to write off JP Losman as most in the NYC area media have. He is NOT the same QB that he was last year or at the beginning of the season. Despite having some games where he has taken a backwards step and some others where the coaching staff tried to protect him by barely letting him throw the ball, Losman has made considerable progress over the course of this season--progress that has made even some of his vocal critics amongst Bills fans recognize why the team decided to draft him. Pennington could only wish he had the physical gifts that Losman has--but, Losman lacks the experience and headiness that Pennington has. The last time the Bills and Jets played, Losman demonstrated that, if the team needs to have him throw the ball a lot, he can move the team and put up big numbers--that was a relatively new experience for him. One thing that Losman and his teammates have learned since the last time they played the Jets is how to win a close game at the end--that was something that Losman and this collection of Bills players had not done in recent years.

Now, I know that Losman's stats aren't pretty and I will admit that there have been some games this season where he has not played well. But, Losman isn't the only player on the field when the Bills are on offense and, just as you know what Pennington brings to the Jets that doesn't show up in the stats, we Bills fans know that some of the reasons that Losman's stats look the way they do has to do with the other players around him. Quite frankly, prior to the Bills' bye week, their offensive line couldn't pass protect to save their lives. And, while they have improved since then, they have stil struggled in pass protection against teams with elite outside pass rushers--GB, Indy and SD--which has caused the Bills coaching staff to rein in Losman and the Bills passing game considerably in order to help the offensive line give some protection to Losman. The Bills have barely used their TEs and RBs in the passing game and have avoided using multiple receiver sets in many situations because of the weakness of their offensive line--which, obviously, is going to hurt their QB statistically.

The Bills have been gradually opening up their passing game since revamping their offensive line over the bye week with pretty good results. And, I expect that they will continue to do so against the Jets this week. While SD was able to put a lot of pressure on the Bills with their OLBs in the 3-4, the Jets do not have the same kind of pass-rushers as SD, especially if Thomas is out or limited by his injury (don't take that as a homeristic criticism of the Jets, but, let's face it, the Jets don't have a pass rusher of the quality of a Merriman, Freeney or Gbaja-Biamila/Kampman). Which may force the Jets to use more blitzes to get pressure on Losman. While the Bills have struggled more against 3-4 defenses than 4-3 defenses this season, they are familiar with the Parcells/Belichick system that Mangini's Jets use and, if Losman can get the ball out quickly against the Jets when they blitz, he can make them pay. The big question is whether the Bills' offensive line will give Losman time to get the ball out.

The thing that concerns me about the Bills offense, as a Bills fan, is not whether JP Losman will be able to throw the ball, but whether they will be able to run the ball. That may sound strange given how well McGahee has done against the Jets in the past, but this game isn't being played in the past. The Bills' revamped offensive line has been much better in pass blocking since the bye week, but has not been very good at all at run blocking. McGahee has been banged up and, perhaps understandably given his three broken ribs and sprained ankle, has been running tentatively since his injury. The Bills MUST run the ball effectively--which means a whole lot better than they have in recent weeks--and McGahee must run hard when he is in the game for the Bills to keep the Jets from teeing off on their pass-rush. If the Bills can run the ball well enough to make the Jets respect the run, the offensive line should be able to protect Losman better than they did in the first meeting between the two teams. With Losman playing a lot better than he was then, if that happens, this will be a very good, close game.

I, probably like most Bills fans, am concerned about how well the Bills' defense will hold up. For me, that is equal parts worry about how banged up the Bills defense is and how poorly they have been playing the run lately and respect for Pennington and his ability to keep opposing defenses off-balance. It is here where I see Pennington's edge in experience over Losman most coming into play because, if Pennington and the Jets are able to put up a lot of points on the Bills' defense, that will put a lot of pressure on Losman and the Bills' offense to answer. It's not that Losman and the Bills don't have the abilty to answer if that happens, it's that they have not shown yet that they can be consistent enough in every aspect of the offense (passing, running and especially line play) to win a shoot-out.

Following the Bills as closely as I do, I would rate the play of the Bills' offensive line and whether the Bills defense can stop the Jets offense, especially their running game, as much bigger concerns than how Losman will play going into this game. That's not to say that Losman will light it up on Sunday or that he won't make some mistakes or even turn the ball over--he might, we won't know until they play the game--but the improvement in his play over the course of this season has now made other issues as big or even greater problems for the Bills.

Finally: if there is any question in your mind about my saying that Losman's performance is also dependent on the other players around him, just look at what has happened to B.Roethlisberger and C.Palmer this season--both have been inconsistent and their play has suffered due to the loss of players in their supporting casts. Both have suffered. And, also, look at Eli Manning--he has not played well (the stats say not nearly as well as Losman), but how much has he and the Giants' offense suffered since the loss of Amani Toomer?). Now, keep in mind that I'm not saying that Losman is a great QB or even that he has really arrived yet--just that he has improved a lot over the course of this season and is not the lousy bust at QB that a lot of the NYC and even national sport media still think that he is based on what little that they have seen of him from last year and against the top teams in the league that the Bills as a team were over-matched against (ie Chicago, NE and SD). Like the Jets, the Bills are a young, improving team and Losman is a young, improving QB. Which also means that both teams and Losman, as an individual player, can be and have been inconsistent. And, that will only serve to make this game even more intriguing....

wow good post........i agree with alot of what you are saying and hope tomorrow proves to be a great game!

emslave
12-09-2006, 08:30 PM

go back to JI bill!!!!! :bandwagon

Philagape
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM

:rofl: :dance: :jetsuck:

casdhf
12-10-2006, 05:56 PM
2 INTs and 2 Fumbles for JP ... oh ****, that's Penny!

emslave
12-10-2006, 06:13 PM
2 INTs and 2 Fumbles for JP ... oh ****, that's Penny!

ok ok ive come to eat crow....not like losman set the world on fire but the bills just kicked our butt today and it wasnt as close as the score ended up being......they were the better team today.

Although the whole team played like crap today and the jets were dominated i think i can honestly say that Chad did his part to cost us the game.

what i want to know is what the hell was in that sandwitch!!!!

untill next meeting my buffalo friends.......

YardRat
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Props for coming back, em.

emslave
12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Props for coming back, em.

wouldnt have it any other way! i hate people who talk **** and then dont show up to take whats commin to them........

TigerJ
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
We all know Losman is far from all world, but considering where he was, he is growing, getting more confident and consistent, and the team believes in him. He is better now than he was 2 months ago. He will be better next year than he is now. I think by next September he'll be to the point where people might start talking about QB as a strength on this team. It won't be considered a liability by any stretch any more.

Losman did not have a real flashy stats day today in part because the Bills figured correctly that they could run on the Jets. Jauron still likes to play it safe when he can.

emslave
12-10-2006, 06:25 PM
We all know Losman is far from all world, but considering where he was, he is growing, getting more confident and consistent, and the team believes in him. He is better now than he was 2 months ago. He will be better next year than he is now. I think by next September he'll be to the point where people might start talking about QB as a strength on this team. It won't be considered a liability by any stretch any more.

Losman did not have a real flashy stats day today in part because the Bills figured correctly that they could run on the Jets. Jauron still likes to play it safe when he can.

dont take this the wrong way.......but i dont think that losman will ever be a strength on your team.......but thats my 2 cents and if i am proven wrong ill take my crow like i did today.

NYJ EcKo151
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
What a sick performance by Buffalo, in every phase of the game. And the most important being Jauron out-coaching Mangini...

Buffalo came out swinging, their offense can score at anytime...And just once i'd like to hold McGahee for a change, but I digress...

Nice win for Buffalo.

BleedinGreenNC
12-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Great game guys, congrats on that win!!

Our division is going to be strong for years to come!!

Philagape
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
dont take this the wrong way.......but i dont think that losman will ever be a strength on your team.......but thats my 2 cents and if i am proven wrong ill take my crow like i did today.

That's OK, JP's been feeding a lot of crow this year.

emslave
12-10-2006, 07:00 PM
That's OK, JP's been feeding a lot of crow this year.

no he really hasnt......

Philagape
12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
no he really hasnt......

Yes, he really has. A couple of clutch game-winning drives turned a lot of people here, and you saw the Evans connection.

Have you seen every Bills game?

BP
12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Great game by the Bills..dominated today..congrats on the win!

Good luck the rest of the season!

HHURRICANE
12-10-2006, 07:09 PM
you sound like such a know it all joker its not even funny.....you want to sit here and argue with me who makes mistakes at crunch time and who comes up big?

OWNED!!! I guess Pennington made the critical mistakes!!

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Losman</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>157</TD><TD>66.7</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>NY Jets</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>C. Pennington</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>182</TD><TD>62.9</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HHURRICANE
12-10-2006, 07:23 PM
OWNED!!! I guess Pennington made the critical mistakes!!

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Losman</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>157</TD><TD>66.7</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>NY Jets</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>C. Pennington</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>182</TD><TD>62.9</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pennington stays in the pocket too long. He fumbles the ball alot. His play is less than "stellar"!!:loser: :loser: :loser: