PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe that we are still talking about JP!!!

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 09:36 AM
This is where it's a waste to argue with the unrealistic.

As a JP supporter I have never said Losman's awesome or that he's going to be our starter for the next 10 years or he's the "answer". NEVER, EVER ONCE HAVE I EVER SAID THAT.

However, Peyton Manning on this team would not get us in the playoffs. PERIOD. So when the team has so many holes why would we be stupid enough to replace a guy that has better numbers than half of the league including QB's that we had a shot at taking and we didn't.

We are not the Ravens where they had a team but just needed a better QB!!
The irony is that the Ravens are 9-3 and giving McNair alot of the credit but his numbers are IDENTICAL to JP's.

Bring on the counter argument. Oh that's right, after 12 weeks you still don't have one!!<!-- / message -->

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Hurricane, I can't believe you just fed the trolls.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Hurricane, I can't believe you just fed the trolls.

I'm not worried because they would have to provide something other than "JP Blows" and "Nall Ball baby".

emslave
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not worried because they would have to provide something other than "JP Blows" and "Nall Ball baby".

dude Peyton Manning WOULD absolutely get you to the playoffs.....

Evans...McGahee....Peters....you have some players on O.....

and look at the Indy D they are terrible, last year aside they have been terrible every year. This year they are giving up 5.1 yards per carry to opposing teams.....and its not like the secondary is shutting people down.

I think JP could be ok......but saying peyton wouldnt get you in the playoffs is wrong....he would.

OpIv37
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
JP threw a pick on Sunday and 3 other balls that should have been picked but were dropped by the DB's. These plays had nothing to do with the other players on the team- they were all on JP himself.

This is why I still have concerns about him. It's the missed wide-open passes and the bad decisions that make me nervous.

In his defense, he has for the most part played better since the bye and had some spectacular games in there. But he always follows that up like he did against SD.

That being said, I don't see a lot of other options at this point.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I said it by your other post, and I'll say it again.

With Peyton, we beat the Jets, Lions and win the first NE game for sure. We then probably win the Colt and Charger games.

That's 10-2.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
JP threw a pick on Sunday and 3 other balls that should have been picked but were dropped by the DB's. These plays had nothing to do with the other players on the team- they were all on JP himself.

.What? JP had no choice but to throw in a crappy weather because there was no running game. Are you implying the other players had nothing to do with the lack of running game and that it was all on JP?

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 10:15 AM
That being said, I don't see a lot of other options at this point.

THAT'S MY POINT. Let's fix the bigger problems first. How many losing seasons do we need before we get a Chamionship OL?

JP is definately servicable and that's all I'm saying. JP is not the reason that we are not making the playoffs. Agree?

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
THAT'S MY POINT. Let's fix the bigger problems first. How many losing seasons do we need before we get a Chamionship OL?

JP is definately servicable and that's all I'm saying. JP is not the reason that we are not making the playoffs. Agree?
No.

OpIv37
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
What? JP had no choice but to throw in a crappy weather because there was no running game. Are you implying the other players had nothing to do with the lack of running game and that it was all on JP?

what? Are you implying that it's ok for JP to make bad decisions because Willis wasn't running the ball?

Philagape
12-07-2006, 10:17 AM

Or point out other QBs with better numbers, as if that's supposed to be making a point or something.

OpIv37
12-07-2006, 10:21 AM

I'll agree with that.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 10:22 AM
what? Are you implying that it's ok for JP to make bad decisions because Willis wasn't running the ball?he had to carry the entire O against a top D in crappy weather. He's gonna make his mistakes and if you look at Rivers, he didn't have much of a difference in stats but had a running game, an OL, and D. If Rivers was in JP's shoes last Sunday, I can only imagine what crappy nos. he'd have too.

The running game affects the passing game especially against a top D.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2006, 11:20 AM

The only people I seen call for JPs benching were a few of his "supporters" a few weeks back.

Some people call me a JP hater but yet I haven't once said JP should be benched. And neither has SAB that I can recall.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Since we are on the subject of JP. Here is a random thought: I bet JP would look fantastic in the West Coast offense.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Since we are on the subject of JP. Here is a random thought: I bet JP would look fantastic in the West Coast offense.
He's not smart enough.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:26 AM
He's not smart enough.

What do you mean? It's one of the easiest offenses for a QB to pick up. I could see him playing the role of Donovan McNabb or Jeff Garcia perfectly in my head.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
What do you mean? It's one of the easiest offenses for a QB to pick up. I could see him playing the role of Donovan McNabb or Jeff Garcia perfectly in my head.

Some JP homers did compare JP to Michael Vick. So if Vick can pick up the WCO, I guess JP can too.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 11:43 AM
The only people I seen call for JPs benching were a few of his "supporters" a few weeks back.

Some people call me a JP hater but yet I haven't once said JP should be benched. And neither has SAB that I can recall.

HMMM, this seems a little hypocritical. Ok, let's go with the idea that you or Sab haven't asked for him to be benched. You still blame him for most of the issues, especially SAB, who negged me for my post this morning.

So you agree that he's serviceable and is our starter next year?!

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I said it by your other post, and I'll say it again.

With Peyton, we beat the Jets, Lions and win the first NE game for sure. We then probably win the Colt and Charger games.

That's 10-2.

Let me laugh now.

So you are saying that with the exception of QB the Bills are equal to or better than the Colts?!

TacklingDummy
12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
So you agree that he's serviceable and is our starter next year?!

I agree he will be starter next year.

I just hope he improves.

IMO, with a good QB, the Bills could easily have had 5 more wins this year even with all the other problems they have had.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Let me laugh now.

So you are saying that with the exception of QB the Bills are equal to or better than the Colts?!
Want me to type slower?

What I'm saying is that with a QB we win the Lion, Jet and first Pats game for sure. We are at least 8-4.

Since we lost the Colt and Charger games by a combined 4 points, it's not hard to stretch it 2 more.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Want me to type slower?

What I'm saying is that with a QB we win the Lion, Jet and first Pats game for sure. We are at least 8-4.

Since we lost the Colt and Charger games by a combined 4 points, it's not hard to stretch it 2 more.

Typing slower won't make you right. That's not what you said. You said 10-2. Yes?!

Second, you didn't answer my question. Are the Bills better or equal to the Colts with the exception of the QB position. The Colts are 10-2. You are saying that if we had Peyton we would be 10-2. Yes?!

TacklingDummy
12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Second, you didn't answer my question. Are the Bills better or equal to the Colts with the exception of the QB position. The Colts are 10-2. You are saying that if we had Peyton we would be 10-2. Yes?!

Yes, 10-2 or 9-3.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
I agree he will be starter next year.

I just hope he improves.

IMO, with a good QB, the Bills could easily have had 5 more wins this year even with all the other problems they have had.

Are you and EE reading your posts today?! You're saying that the Bills would be 10-2 with a better QB. So we are one of the elite teams?! Our elite D over the last 5 weeks is giving up something like 170 yards a game on the ground.

I'm still laughing.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Our elite D over the last 5 weeks is giving up something like 170 yards a game on the ground.

I'm still laughing.

And yet the Bills offense did very little last week and the Bills only lost by 3.

I didn't see the game but looking at the Bills drive chart all I got to say is this offense is pathetic.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Typing slower won't make you right. That's not what you said. You said 10-2. Yes?!

JP was the direct cause of losses to the Jets, NE, and Lions.

We lost to the Colts by one point. If Peyton switches sides, you don't think that would sway things? 3 points to the Chargers. Same thing.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
He was not the direct cause of those three losses.

Wraith
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
JP was the direct cause of losses to the Jets, NE, and Lions.

:laughing:

ScottLawrence
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I really hate this argument from people because it's just not true.

If this team had Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning I don't think theres anyway we miss out on the playoffs.

All of the playoff teams, or teams in the hunt have quarterbacks who are at the top of the league.(Excluding Denver)

In the NFL, the quarterback position dictates success or lack there of.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Are the teams successful due to the QB or is the QB successful because of the team?

emslave
12-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Are you and EE reading your posts today?! You're saying that the Bills would be 10-2 with a better QB. So we are one of the elite teams?! Our elite D over the last 5 weeks is giving up something like 170 yards a game on the ground.

I'm still laughing.

who cares about your D man.......how is the colts D? they have been a laughing stock since manning has been there....last year aside.

this year they are giving up 5.1 yards a cary on the ground this year....thats bad.

raphael120
12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
did you see the Indy/Steelers game last week? Peyton is a good ass QB, but when he gets pressured consistantly, he FREAKS OUT! he makes bad decisions, gets flustered, and does not play too well! he's not as mobile as JP, meaning he'd get laid out more often than JP behind this line. with peyton behind center, you have to be CRAZY to think that we would lead us to the playoffs. he would get his neck broken behind our mediocre o-line

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
We lost to the Colts by 1 freaking point.

You can't tell me that if we switch QB's we don't beat them.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
did you see the Indy/Steelers game last week? Peyton is a good ass QB, but when he gets pressured consistantly, he FREAKS OUT! he makes bad decisions, gets flustered, and does not play too well! he's not as mobile as JP, meaning he'd get laid out more often than JP behind this line. with peyton behind center, you have to be CRAZY to think that we would lead us to the playoffs. he would get his neck broken behind our mediocre o-line
Yeah. JP is know for being calm and cool under pressure. :rofl:

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 02:02 PM
they are not wrong. If JP was any better we would've won a few more games.

What they fail to say is that, even with JP playing the way he did against those losses, if we also had a better OL, we'd win a few more games. If we had a better running game, we'd win a few more games too. If we had a better run D same thing.

As you can see , the JP haters aren't wrong. They just purposely decided to not mention the other factors that could've won us more games aside from JP ,because they aren't rush D haters, OL haters, rb haters, just JP haters.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
We lost to the Colts by 1 freaking point.

You can't tell me that if we switch QB's we don't beat them.
here's an example. If JP was better and scored one more TD we'd win. NO doubt.

What they failed to say as well, If the D stopped one TD, we'd win too even if JP didn't score another TD.

If Lindell made the fg, going by the facts we'd be up by 2 points enough to win the game. Whether the game would've gone a different way if Lindell made the fg, we'll never know.

See, why mention the rest when all they hate is JP.

Philagape
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm a rush D hater.

justasportsfan
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm a rush D hater.
most of us are. The JP haters won't mention that though because it'll show that if the other areas on this team were better, we'd have a better record too even with JP playing the way he did.

Philagape
12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah. JP is know for being calm and cool under pressure. :rofl:

He has been recently :::

crowder52
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, from an unbiased view point of J.P. Losman this last game on Sunday does not mean he's not the right guy for your team. Your playing the San Diego Chargers which is probably tied for the best team in the AFC. Also the Chargers defense has pretty much abused every team that they played when Merriman is in there. Your QB is still learning the position so IMO the jury is still out on him. If he's still making bad throws around this time next year than you should start talking about another QB. Oh yeah and beat the Jets this week, Despite being a die hard Dolphins fan i'm rooting you guys on this week. Go Buffalo!