I can't believe that we are still talking about JP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I can't believe that we are still talking about JP!!!

This is where it's a waste to argue with the unrealistic.

As a JP supporter I have never said Losman's awesome or that he's going to be our starter for the next 10 years or he's the "answer". NEVER, EVER ONCE HAVE I EVER SAID THAT.

However, Peyton Manning on this team would not get us in the playoffs. PERIOD. So when the team has so many holes why would we be stupid enough to replace a guy that has better numbers than half of the league including QB's that we had a shot at taking and we didn't.

We are not the Ravens where they had a team but just needed a better QB!!
    The irony is that the Ravens are 9-3 and giving McNair alot of the credit but his numbers are IDENTICAL to JP's.

Bring on the counter argument. Oh that's right, after 12 weeks you still don't have one!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I can't believe that we are still talking about JP!!!

Hurricane, I can't believe you just fed the trolls.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Hurricane, I can't believe you just fed the trolls.
      I'm not worried because they would have to provide something other than "JP Blows" and "Nall Ball baby".

Comment

• emslave
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I'm not worried because they would have to provide something other than "JP Blows" and "Nall Ball baby".
        dude Peyton Manning WOULD absolutely get you to the playoffs.....

Evans...McGahee....Peters....you have some players on O.....

and look at the Indy D they are terrible, last year aside they have been terrible every year. This year they are giving up 5.1 yards per carry to opposing teams.....and its not like the secondary is shutting people down.

I think JP could be ok......but saying peyton wouldnt get you in the playoffs is wrong....he would.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

JP threw a pick on Sunday and 3 other balls that should have been picked but were dropped by the DB's. These plays had nothing to do with the other players on the team- they were all on JP himself.

This is why I still have concerns about him. It's the missed wide-open passes and the bad decisions that make me nervous.

In his defense, he has for the most part played better since the bye and had some spectacular games in there. But he always follows that up like he did against SD.

That being said, I don't see a lot of other options at this point.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

I said it by your other post, and I'll say it again.

With Peyton, we beat the Jets, Lions and win the first NE game for sure. We then probably win the Colt and Charger games.

That's 10-2.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              JP threw a pick on Sunday and 3 other balls that should have been picked but were dropped by the DB's. These plays had nothing to do with the other players on the team- they were all on JP himself.

What? JP had no choice but to throw in a crappy weather because there was no running game. Are you implying the other players had nothing to do with the lack of running game and that it was all on JP?
              sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

That being said, I don't see a lot of other options at this point.
                THAT'S MY POINT. Let's fix the bigger problems first. How many losing seasons do we need before we get a Chamionship OL?

JP is definately servicable and that's all I'm saying. JP is not the reason that we are not making the playoffs. Agree?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

THAT'S MY POINT. Let's fix the bigger problems first. How many losing seasons do we need before we get a Chamionship OL?

JP is definately servicable and that's all I'm saying. JP is not the reason that we are not making the playoffs. Agree?
                  No.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    What? JP had no choice but to throw in a crappy weather because there was no running game. Are you implying the other players had nothing to do with the lack of running game and that it was all on JP?
                    what? Are you implying that it's ok for JP to make bad decisions because Willis wasn't running the ball?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Or point out other QBs with better numbers, as if that's supposed to be making a point or something.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I'll agree with that.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

what? Are you implying that it's ok for JP to make bad decisions because Willis wasn't running the ball?
                          he had to carry the entire O against a top D in crappy weather. He's gonna make his mistakes and if you look at Rivers, he didn't have much of a difference in stats but had a running game, an OL, and D. If Rivers was in JP's shoes last Sunday, I can only imagine what crappy nos. he'd have too.

The running game affects the passing game especially against a top D.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

The only people I seen call for JPs benching were a few of his "supporters" a few weeks back.

Some people call me a JP hater but yet I haven't once said JP should be benched. And neither has SAB that I can recall.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Since we are on the subject of JP. Here is a random thought: I bet JP would look fantastic in the West Coast offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X