PDA

View Full Version : Here is the fix!

alohabillsfan
12-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Detroit DT S. Rodgers maybe traded or cut according to PFT. I believe he would be absolutly perfect for what are D needs., So zoners thoughts? what would you trade? Spikes? Bring it! Standing by....

HHURRICANE
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Detroit DT S. Rodgers maybe traded or cut according to PFT. I believe he would be absolutly perfect for what are D needs., So zoners thoughts? what would you trade? Spikes? Bring it! Standing by....

YES!!!!!!

Devin
12-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Eh depends.

Talent wise absolutley. But if im not mistaken he signed a monster contract a year ago, and coupled with his recent suspension I have heard he has the ever famous "character issues". While personally I probably wouldnt mind him, what are the odds the Golden Boys take on the contract and potential problems?

alohabillsfan
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Eh depends.

Talent wise absolutley. But if im not mistaken he signed a monster contract a year ago, and coupled with his recent suspension I have heard he has the ever famous "character issues". While personally I probably wouldnt mind him, what are the odds the Golden Boys take on the contract and potential problems?

S. Rodgers contract
2007 1500000.00 El'Cheapo
2008 4250000.00 If he performs well, not bad
2009 5250000.00 Getting expensive, but still worthy again perfronce wise
2010 7000000.00 Hell no!

Really it would be a 1.5 mil investment and if he craps out, cut city

Night Train
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Drug problems, if I recall.

Marvs' kind of guy.

alohabillsfan
12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Here is the write up from the Detroit free press:

Now that defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is on injured reserve and out for the season, the Lions will see if he needs more surgery, prepare him for an off-season program and try to motivate him to fulfill his potential.

"The thing we've got to do is get him in top shape," coach Rod Marinelli said Wednesday. "I think, hopefully, he sees the direction we're going and he can be a force in this thing."

Rogers can be one of the most dominant players in the NFL at his position. He is listed at 6-feet-4, 345 pounds, and he can move like a much smaller man. He went to the Pro Bowl the past two seasons.

But he is inconsistent, and his commitment and conditioning are in question.

Marinelli helped mold defensive tackle Warren Sapp into a star as Tampa Bay's defensive line coach, but he didn't get much of a chance to work with Rogers.

Rogers missed most of training camp and the exhibition season because of a shoulder injury. After playing the first six games, he was given a four-game suspension for using a banned substance to help control his weight. He took the opportunity to have minor surgery to correct a nagging knee problem.

The hope was that Rogers would come back from the suspension healthy and finish the season strong. But Rogers missed two games after he was eligible to play again. The knee swelled when he worked out last week. The Lions, tied with Oakland for the worst record in the NFL at 2-10, put him on IR on Wednesday.

Rogers declined to comment.

"He's definitely going to be a guy that's missed, but you have to think about his career," defensive tackle Marcus Bell said. "We can't just try to rush him back."

The Lions are without three of their four starting defensive linemen. End James Hall (shoulder) and tackle Shaun Cody (toe) were already on IR. Both left the lineup about the same time Rogers did.

Marinelli refuses to use injuries as an excuse. But look at the numbers.

With Rogers, the Lions allowed 94.3 rushing yards per game. Only two opponents reached 100 rushing yards.

Without him, the Lions have allowed 159 rushing yards per game. All but one opponent has reached 100 rushing yards -- and that opponent, New England, lost its leading rusher, Laurence Maroney, early in the game.

"He's one of the top guys," Minnesota offensive lineman Steve Hutchinson said. "He runs like an end, but he's as big as all can be. That's obviously a disappointment for their team, putting him on IR. He's a great player, a leader of that defense."

Do we have enough leadership on the defense for this player?