PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency..

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
It's coming close to that time, we only have 3 more games left to play and were probably not going to make the playoffs. With this said, is there any FA's you guys have your sights on? I like Drew Bennett, Fletcher, Clements, June, Briggs and Steinbach. It looks as of now, that Clements is going to be the best CB on the market and we are going to have to pay him big or either franchise tag him again. Looking at the list of free agents and you see June and Briggs on there, does this make Fletcher's value decrease some what? Furthermore, if we are looking to add a big body at WR, Drew Bennett is a good option. Thoughts?

alohabillsfan
12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
It's coming close to that time, we only have 3 more games left to play and were probably not going to make the playoffs. With this said, is there any FA's you guys have your sights on? I like Drew Bennett, Fletcher, Clements, June, Briggs and Steinbach. It looks as of now, that Clements is going to be the best CB on the market and we are going to have to pay him big or either franchise tag him again. Looking at the list of free agents and you see June and Briggs on there, does this make Fletcher's value decrease some what? Furthermore, if we are looking to add a big body at WR, Drew Bennett is a good option. Thoughts?

First off we have 4 games left!
Second Really can't tagged Clements again (promised we would not) to do so could create FA suicide!

Now here is the greatest plan ever!! I should be the dam GM!!

1) Resign Nate- 4 year 28 million, 8 mil SB with 4 mil RB Mar 08, 2M-07, 3M-08, 5M-09, 6M-10 CAP HIT 4 MIL IN 2007
2) Trade Spikes to Detroit for DT S.Rodgers (RODGERS IS CHEAPER CAP SAVINGS 3MIL)
3) Aquire A. Thomas LB Ravens (Spikes replacement) Offer same price.
4) Aquire C. June LB Colts Should be cheaper to sign him verse fletchers 4mil per.

That gives us the DT we need more speed at LB and stability in the secondary.
Would consider another STUD DE.

Offense
Willing to resign Gandy at LG money,
1) 1a) Stienbach Bengals guard and or Manuwai from Jags.
2) Bennett WR Titans we need height! (good by a. davis)
3) TE E Johnson 49 ers.
4) Trade Mcgahee for 2nd and 6th rounder Green bay?

DRAFT

1-RB
2-RT
2a)LB
3-QB
4-WR
6-BPA
6-BPA
7-BPA

Alright fantasy time is over!

kernowboy
12-07-2006, 01:38 PM
First off we have 4 games left!
Second Really can't tagged Clements again (promised we would not) to do so could create FA suicide!

Now here is the greatest plan ever!! I should be the dam GM!!

1) Resign Nate- 4 year 28 million, 8 mil SB with 4 mil RB Mar 08, 2M-07, 3M-08, 5M-09, 6M-10 CAP HIT 4 MIL IN 2007
2) Trade Spikes to Detroit for DT S.Rodgers (RODGERS IS CHEAPER CAP SAVINGS 3MIL)
3) Aquire A. Thomas LB Ravens (Spikes replacement) Offer same price.
4) Aquire C. June LB Colts Should be cheaper to sign him verse fletchers 4mil per.

That gives us the DT we need more speed at LB and stability in the secondary.
Would consider another STUD DE.

Offense
Willing to resign Gandy at LG money,
1) 1a) Stienbach Bengals guard and or Manuwai from Jags.
2) Bennett WR Titans we need height! (good by a. davis)
3) TE E Johnson 49 ers.
4) Trade Mcgahee for 2nd and 6th rounder Green bay?

DRAFT

1-RB
2-RT
2a)LB
3-QB
4-WR
6-BPA
6-BPA
7-BPA

Alright fantasy time is over!

My turn

Defence
1 Resign Clements (if possible)
2 I doubt Spikes would be traded for Rogers with his cap price
3 Big money for either Pat Kerney (preferably) or Justin Smith. If we can't upgrade in the middle lets terrify them with the ends
4 June has a bad off field rep ..
5 EJ Henderson seems to be coming good and isn't quite as naughty
Offence
1 Try to resign Gandy but for guard money
2 Steinbach will cost too much - sign both Vince Manuwai and David Diehl
3 Pick up Ernest Wilford, willing to move to be a starter won't cost too much and is 6ft4
4 Eric Johnson is only a receiver look at this in the draft
5 Trade McGahee for a min R2 in 2008 which is a RB deep draft

Draft
R1 trade down for Willis or Posluzny LB
R2 the best TE available probably Greg Olsen TE
R3 ours - see if Justin Harrell DT is available
R3 xtra - Doug Free LT in free fall - lots of OTs. Pennington or Butler can man the right, and if neither make it move Peters back as Free is poss starting quality
R4 Eric Weddle for all round DB depth
R5 traded
R6 a RB maybe Clifton Dawson
R7 a big DT who might develop like Damion deRosia

Night Train
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
The new rage in FA is overpaying for any OL or DL.

No matter how good G Steve Hutchinson is, he's NOT 49 Mil good.

This is where you go for the depth you want at WR ( a good #2 guy with hands ), maybe a TE, another RB if Willis is not the answer.. It won't require overspending..

On Draft day, the BIG DT, 2 Monster Guards and a LB.

BEEF... It's what's for Draft Day !

kernowboy
12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I have 3 for the trenches, 1 in the DB, a LB, a RB who just plays well who could be a decent compliment on 3rd down and a receiving TE who can block

nuff said

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
My turn

Defence
1 Resign Clements (if possible)
2 I doubt Spikes would be traded for Rogers with his cap price
3 Big money for either Pat Kerney (preferably) or Justin Smith. If we can't upgrade in the middle lets terrify them with the ends
4 June has a bad off field rep ..
5 EJ Henderson seems to be coming good and isn't quite as naughty
Offence
1 Try to resign Gandy but for guard money
2 Steinbach will cost too much - sign both Vince Manuwai and David Diehl
3 Pick up Ernest Wilford, willing to move to be a starter won't cost too much and is 6ft4
4 Eric Johnson is only a receiver look at this in the draft
5 Trade McGahee for a min R2 in 2008 which is a RB deep draft

Draft
R3 xtra - Doug Free LT in free fall - lots of OTs. Pennington or Butler can man the right, and if neither make it move Peters back as Free is poss starting quality
R4 Eric Weddle for all round DB depth
R5 traded
R6 a RB maybe Clifton Dawson
R7 a big DT who might develop like Damion deRosia

Draft

I like that draft alot, but I can't say I'm that impressed with Posluzny though.. I've heard people talk so highly about him but when I watched him I didn't see too many game changing plays. I agree with your second round pick, it would be even sweeter if Zach Miller fell down to us, I've been advocating that for awhile now.. Just Harrell and Doug Free both in the 3rd round? It seems too good to be true, wouldn't mind that at all. Here's another draft scenario I like:

With our 1st round pick: Alan Branch, DT
Trade our 2nd and 3rd for an extra 1st round pick: Willis, LB

That would be pretty killer, imo. We could probably pick up Mike Jones or a pretty solid OG in the 4th round. I'm a firm believer that the defense wins games, so I have mixed feelings on what we should do.

crowder52
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I like that draft alot, but I can't say I'm that impressed with Posluzny though.. I've heard people talk so highly about him but when I watched him I didn't see too many game changing plays. I agree with your second round pick, it would be even sweeter if Zach Miller fell down to us, I've been advocating that for awhile now.. Just Harrell and Doug Free both in the 3rd round? It seems too good to be true, wouldn't mind that at all. Here's another draft scenario I like:

That would be pretty killer, imo. We could probably pick up Mike Jones or a pretty solid OG in the 4th round. I'm a firm believer that the defense wins games, so I have mixed feelings on what we should do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTh3DlLr20I

That's about as impressive as impressive can get...

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTh3DlLr20I

That's about as impressive as impressive can get...

That was definately an impressive play. I'm trying to look up so more compilations and videos of him. While one play looks good, I need more than one play to look at to make up my mind.

kernowboy
12-07-2006, 05:16 PM

I think we'd need to trade up for Branch so couldn't get the LB.

I think Posluzny or Willis - Henderson -Crowell is a decent LB corps.

Free has been slipping in a lot of mocks because of a bad senior season but with a year of seasoning could be a quality player - hell we could even more Peters inside to LG and have a better interior lineman than Hutchinson

An OL of: Free (Pennington) - Diehl (Merz) - Fowler (Preston) - Manuwai - Peters (Butler) = quality and depth

I also think Harrell might slip a little due to his bicep injury. so

1. Drop to get Posluzny - its a toss of the coin between him and Willis
2a. Olsen
2b. Harrell (from the trade down)
3. Free

a nice first day IMO.

Add EJ Henderson, Vince Manuwai, David Diehl and Ernest Wilford plus Patrick Ramsay as a back up QB and the star signing of Kerney - we've upgraded in 10 positions!!

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2006, 05:53 PM
FA
1. Manuwai
2. Wilford

Draft
1. Patrick Willis
2. Frank Okam (if he lasts)
3. Aaron Sears
4. Clark Harris
6. Jake Kuresa