PDA

View Full Version : nfldraftcountdown's new mock

mysticsoto
12-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Has us taking a QB??? After the improvement JP has shown this season? Clearly they are not watching the Bills play:

What the Bills really need is a stud offensive tackle but since there isn't much value left there they instead opt for a top signal caller. The current regime in Buffalo has never been big fan's of J.P. Losman and he hasn't really done much to change their opinions this year so considering they weren't responsible for bringing him into the fold they would have no problem moving on from that mistake. Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

They have us picking at #14 which is lower than what I expect we will end up. Nevertheless, if we did end up that low...I'm not sure who I'd take? Alan Branch is gone in their scenario...maybe a top LB (what's TKO looking like come April ? - that might have alot to do with my choice as well as FA grabs).

BillsNick
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
God they're idiots.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
What the Bills really need is a stud offensive tackle but since there isn't much value left there they instead opt for a top signal caller. The current regime in Buffalo has never been big fan's of J.P. Losman and he hasn't really done much to change their opinions this year so considering they weren't responsible for bringing him into the fold they would have no problem moving on from that mistake. Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

:bf1:

kernowboy
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
What a dumb mock

Marv will pull another surprise. I reckon if it remains as it is he'll trade down for Pat Willis and a No3 or even better Paul Posluzny and a No2.

I cannot see us drafting a QB especially as I think they have seen a hint with JP and will not want to start all over again especially with a junior like Russell. If we did draft a QB I see it coming outside R1 with someone who has slipped like Drew Stanton.

Marv/Dick will look at the TKO situation, the Fletcher/Rosenhaus situation, the lack of quality at LB in FA, the lack of depth at LB in the team and think 'a new Corneillus Bennett will do nicely' or equivalent.

Night Train
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Their last mock draft had us taking OT Sam Baker of USC, who spent the entire UCLA game getting toasted. Sharp thinking.

Those fan sight draft boards haven't a clue. Zero credibility. Nothing but wannabe GM's/Scouts in a cheerleading outfit.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Their last mock draft had us taking OT Sam Baker of USC, who spent the entire UCLA game getting toasted. Sharp thinking.

Those fan sight draft boards haven't a clue. Zero credibility. Nothing but wannabe GM's/Scouts in a cheerleading outfit.

So true. Mock drafts do have entertainment value though, imo.

Mudflap1
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Russell could possibly be the most boneheaded choice I could imagine.

Jon

Ron Burgundy
12-07-2006, 05:05 PM
It's a fair enough idea, but not JaMarcus. There are better options at QB.

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Russell could be the best QB to come out this year, he has an arm like you wouldnt believe, and he can move. He's also a load to take down and shakes off alot of arm tackles. Not a bad pick, if JP falters down the stretch. Id love to pick him up, though at 14 it seems high. Id see him more like a 2nd rounder.

BILLSROCK1212
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Dwayne Jarrett, Qunn Pitcock, or JaMarcus Russell if JP sux the rest of the way those are my choices.

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM

Good thing one game doesnt make or break the player...

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
It's a fair enough idea, but not JaMarcus. There are better options at QB.

why not JaMarcus??

SABURZFAN
12-07-2006, 05:19 PM

that reminds me of a few posters in here.

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Rd. 1 Frank Okam
Rd. 2 Aaron Sears

BILLSROCK1212
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM

it drops Bakers stock but not much considering UCLA's d-line is one of the best in the country

Bling
12-07-2006, 06:43 PM

Do you really believe that, or is that another excuse?

BILLSROCK1212
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM

Those fan sight draft boards haven't a clue. Zero credibility. Nothing but wannabe GM's/Scouts in a cheerleading outfit.you know Scott Wright the guy who runs nfldraftcountdown.com was once a scout and i think is now retired (anyone with more knowledge on him please tell me)

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 07:08 PM
you know Scott Wright the guy who runs nfldraftcountdown.com was once a scout and i think is now retired (anyone with more knowledge on him please tell me)

His bio;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Wright is the founder and President of NFL Draft Countdown.com. He has been scouting players and evaluating the NFL Draft since 1993.

An authority in the field, Scott has been featured as an NFL Draft expert by media outlets across the country and is a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

Wright invests countless hours per week evaluating game film and maintaining this site. His passion for the Draft and scouting players comes through in his work and he has historically had some of the most complete and precise mock drafts available, including a 1st place finish in 2004.

NFL Draft Countdown.com has continued to grow over the years and now is the most popular NFL Draft site in the world. Scott is dedicated to bringing visitors the most accurate and informative site possible while continuing to cater to everyone from the novice fan to the most avid draftnik. All 100% FREE!

Scott Wright is available for radio, print and television interviews. To set up an interview please e-mail scott@nfldraftcountdown.com.

Devin
12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
I've watched Russell a lot the past 2 years. The thing that impressed me most this year was his maturity both on and off the field. He almost seems like a new QB. He actually learns things and is able to retain information and put it into use. And each year hes been here hes progressed along from previous years.

Plus he plays at a huge program, thats been very successful in the toughest conference in college ball.

Physically hes a lot like culpepper only probably stronger and more mobile. Avoiding the takedown is one of his strongest assets. He also has very good field vision. You give him a line and 2 WR's and he will make plays.

I think hes going to be a heck of an NFL QB.

Bling
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
It's time for you guys to quit dicking around, and draft a real QB. Russell is a stud, big arm and has the brains to be in the NFL.

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
It's time for you guys to quit dicking around, and draft a real QB. Russell is a stud, big arm and has the brains to be in the NFL.

While I agree about your short assessment of Russell, I dont think we are "dicking around", Losman has the skill to do the job, only thing I or anybody else ever asked about him was his mental ability to do the job.

Bling
12-07-2006, 07:49 PM
While I agree about your short assessment of Russell, I dont think we are "dicking around", Losman has the skill to do the job, only thing I or anybody else ever asked about him was his mental ability to do the job.

Your opinion, and I respect it. I think if Russell is there, you take it. You don't ever give up the chance at a big time QB unless you got a great QB already. If Quinn, Russell, or any of the big QB's are there - I hope to God Miami drafts one. I'm personally tired of ****ty QB play. I don't care how bad Chambers, McMike and our O-Line is. Great QB's can make up for ****ty play, and that's why Miami should draft a QB. Plus he'd have Ronnie Brown, and that's more than enough. :up:

BillsFever21
12-07-2006, 08:01 PM
If we pick in the Top 15 and there is a top OT or DT on the board then there is no chance in hell we could take anything else.

Especially DT. That is our biggest need. We can't continue to give up 200 yards rushing a game and even have a pipe dream of making the playoffs.

If we had a better run defense this year then we may have made a run for it. It would've given us at least another win or two.

We still don't know what our LB situation will bring. Fletcher is older and will be a FA after this season. Spikes is a shade of his former self. Ellison may be a decent one but that is yet to be seen. If Clements leaves then that is even one more spot on defense to fill.

We still need another receiving option and some real offensive guards in this place too.

This team still has a ton of holes to fill after this season but DT is clearly our biggest needs. JP has improved and he is the least of our worries. Him and Evans are a good tandem but we need somebody else.

Them guys have been our best players on offense and Evans' success falls on how well JP is playing too. We haven't gotten anything out of our running game to even help them out. He has been one of our best players on offense in the last 6 weeks.

Bling
12-07-2006, 08:02 PM
If we pick in the Top 15 and there is a top OT or DT on the board then there is no chance in hell we could take anything else.

Especially DT. That is our biggest need. We can't continue to give up 200 yards rushing a game and even have a pipe dream of making the playoffs.

If we had a better run defense this year then we may have made a run for it. It would've given us at least another win or two.

We still don't know what our LB situation will bring. Fletcher is older and will be a FA after this season. Spikes is a shade of his former self. Ellison may be a decent one but that is yet to be seen. If Clements leaves then that is even one more spot on defense to fill.

We still need another receiving option and some real offensive guards in this place too.

This team still has a ton of holes to fill after this season but DT is clearly our biggest needs. JP has improved and he is the least of our worries. Him and Evans are a good tandem but we need somebody else.

Them guys have been our best players on offense and Evans' success falls on how well JP is playing too. We haven't gotten anything out of our running game to even help them out. He has been one of our best players on offense in the last 6 weeks.

Again, we go back to drafting Whitner. Anyone know how Bunkley is doing?

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes.

He is not playing at all. He has basically been benched in Philly due to a crappy attitiude, laziness and missing a team flight.

Devin
12-07-2006, 08:06 PM

Which is why we post on this message board and they run an NFL franchise.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2006, 08:06 PM
You see Bling, the one thing about this style of defense is to have great safety play. In essence, safeties are as important or more important than DT's.

Regardless, evaluating a draft after 3/4's of a season is impossible. It is almost like the 'tards on PTI today saying the Texans screwed up by taking Williams over Bush after Bush had his first good game.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Again, we go back to drafting Whitner. Anyone know how Bunkley is doing?

Haloti Ngata isn't doing too shabby.. If Alan Branch is there when we pick, we have to take him. He is going to be a stud, 100% positive.

Bling
12-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Regardless, evaluating a draft after 3/4's of a season is impossible. It is almost like the 'tards on PTI today saying the Texans screwed up by taking Williams over Bush after Bush had his first good game.

Oh no doubt. If you feel that S was more important than DT, fine. Everyone thought Whitner was a reach, whereas Bunkley wasn't, but you got to go with what's more important. We'll see how it turns out. I'm glad you didn't take Bunkley, I know he's going to be another beast that came from FSU. :D

Bling
12-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Haloti Ngata isn't doing too shabby.. If Alan Branch is there when we pick, we have to take him. He is going to be a stud, 100% positive.

See, don't say that now and when you end up drafting Buster Davis (ILB from FSU predicted around the late 30s) and say you needed a versatile LB that can play every LB position and how LB is the most important position. Then go on to say Marv is the greatest GM there ever was. Obviously Buster is a huge reach at 14. Don't lie to yourself.

Ron Burgundy
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
why not JaMarcus??
Dude just doesn't jump out at me, and I've watched him play a bunch.

Too many turnovers at ****ty points in the game, too much reliance on an all-world arm. Picks and fumbles at critical junctures don't excite me.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
See, don't say that now and when you end up drafting Buster Davis (ILB from FSU predicted around the late 30s) and say you needed a versatile LB that can play every LB position and how LB is the most important position. Then go on to say Marv is the greatest GM there ever was. Obviously Buster is a huge reach at 14. Don't lie to yourself.

I thought the same way you did when we took Whitner at #8. I'm not disappointed with that pick now. I realize that Modrak and Levy have more knowledge than me and I will have to trust who they pick. Besides, it's not like Marv has a bad track record. If it were some nobody at GM with no credibility, then yes, I would be upset.

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Which is why we post on this message board and they run an NFL franchise.

One day bro, me and you...ya game?

DraftBoy
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
You see Bling, the one thing about this style of defense is to have great safety play. In essence, safeties are as important or more important than DT's.

Great post, whether we choose Ngata or Bunkley, we still would suck on D. Its a building process and on the cover 2, the safety is THE MOST IMPORTANT posistion on the field. They are what the QB is to the offense in most cases.

Btw Texans did screw up taking Mario over Reggie though. So I guess rope me in with the tards? Its not always about production your rookie year. Bush puts ass's in the seats and Mario doesnt...that simple.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
We aren't going for a QB! We got OL to think about! but like I've said before I think Marv will get this ship turned in the right direction.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Great post, whether we choose Ngata or Bunkley, we still would suck on D. Its a building process and on the cover 2, the safety is THE MOST IMPORTANT posistion on the field. They are what the QB is to the offense in most cases.

Btw Texans did screw up taking Mario over Reggie though. So I guess rope me in with the tards? Its not always about production your rookie year. Bush puts ass's in the seats and Mario doesnt...that simple.

The MLB is equally important in the tampa 2 defense.

You can say the same about Michael Vick in Atlanta, he sure put asses in the seats but now you see fans calling for his head. No matter which way you look at it, winning games puts the asses in the seats. Tom Donahoe was notorious for drafting skill players in an attempt to fill the stadium, obviously it hasn't worked too well, has it? As a Bills fan myself, I don't care which player they draft, as long as he helps this team win. I would actually like to see more grunts and 'character' guys as Levy puts it. Take a DE, DT, OG or OT, I don't care. Let's just win some football games, I'm so sick of losing. I will admit, hiring Levy was the best move Ralph could do, I'm excited about what he has done so far and I can't wait to see the finished product. I will say this with 100% certainty, Levy will address the less glorious positions while he is the GM here. 'Bout time and thank God.

Lexwhat
12-07-2006, 11:51 PM

1st Part: I dont think you can assume that we would still suck. If we chose Ngata, then Matt Bowen would probally be playing the strong safety position next to Ko Simpson. Of course we don't know how Bowen is going to play due to his injury. But who knows, maybe Bowen could have exceeded expectations. One thing is for sure though...we still need a D-Tackle.

2nd Part: If Mario Williams helps the Texans win games next year, asses will fill those seats. A winning NFL team always attracts fans. I dont think we can say right now for sure that Bush would do that - it defiently helps that the Saints are 8-4.

The only players who fill seats on teams with losing records are probally Mike Vick and Brett Favre.

Lexwhat
12-07-2006, 11:53 PM

You can say the same about Michael Vick in Atlanta, he sure put asses in the seats but now you see fans calling for his head. No matter which way you look at it, winning games puts the asses in the seats...

Oops, didn't take note of your post before I posted. You beat me to it :up:

Devin
12-08-2006, 01:06 AM
One day bro, me and you...ya game?

:rockout:

LifetimeBillsFan
12-08-2006, 03:14 AM
I agree that the defense is still a work in progress. You may or may not like Vic Carrucci, but after the SD game he said on the Bills' postgame show that the biggest difference between the Bills and the elite teams is that the Bills lack a game-changing difference maker, like a Shawnee Merriman, in their defensive front seven. Which, sadly, given the way that T.Spikes has not really come back from his Achilles injury, is true. The Bills need to improve their offensive line, but they also still need play-makers on both sides of the ball. And you get your play-makers at the top of the draft.

If the Bills go for defense with their first pick, I see them picking either a DT or LB. I haven't seen Willis enough to know if he is a game-changer at MLB, but if he is on the board they will have to consider him and Posluzny. Both might be considered a reach at # 14, but, if you can get aone of the top two MLBs in the draft who can play in your scheme, you have to consider going with that. If they go DT, Branch is certainly an option, although he is a 3-gap DT and the Bills' weakness is at the 1-gap spot. I would be delighted if the Bills were to take Glenn Dorsey of LSU if he decides to come out this year--he's a true 3-gap DT who is outstanding.

As for Bunkley and Ngata: Bunkley currently has 7 total tackles in 11 games and is backing up Darwin Walker for Philly. John McCargo had 6 total tackles in the 5 games he played before getting hurt. Ngata, who is now starting for Baltimore after being part of a rotation at NT at the beginning of the season, has 35 tackles, 19 of them solos, 0 sacks, 3 passes defensed and an INT; Kyle Williams has 31 total tackles, 17 of them solos, with 0 sacks (the Bills do not list passes defensed in their stats) as part of the Bills 1-gap DT rotation. I know that stats don't tell the whole story, but, from the perspective of statistical production, Bunkley hasn't done much more than McCargo this year, even though McCargo has been injured and on IR, and Ngata's numbers aren't significantly better than those of K.Williams this season. So, at least from that perspective, the Bills have not missed out on much by taking McCargo and Williams instead of Bunkley or even Ngata to this point in the season.

jamze132
12-08-2006, 03:40 AM
I agree that the defense is still a work in progress. You may or may not like Vic Carrucci, but after the SD game he said on the Bills' postgame show that the biggest difference between the Bills and the elite teams is that the Bills lack a game-changing difference maker, like a Shawnee Merriman, in their defensive front seven. Which, sadly, given the way that T.Spikes has not really come back from his Achilles injury, is true. The Bills need to improve their offensive line, but they also still need play-makers on both sides of the ball. And you get your play-makers at the top of the draft.

If the Bills go for defense with their first pick, I see them picking either a DT or LB. I haven't seen Willis enough to know if he is a game-changer at MLB, but if he is on the board they will have to consider him and Posluzny. Both might be considered a reach at # 14, but, if you can get aone of the top two MLBs in the draft who can play in your scheme, you have to consider going with that. If they go DT, Branch is certainly an option, although he is a 3-gap DT and the Bills' weakness is at the 1-gap spot. I would be delighted if the Bills were to take Glenn Dorsey of LSU if he decides to come out this year--he's a true 3-gap DT who is outstanding.

As for Bunkley and Ngata: Bunkley currently has 7 total tackles in 11 games and is backing up Darwin Walker for Philly. John McCargo had 6 total tackles in the 5 games he played before getting hurt. Ngata, who is now starting for Baltimore after being part of a rotation at NT at the beginning of the season, has 35 tackles, 19 of them solos, 0 sacks, 3 passes defensed and an INT; Kyle Williams has 31 total tackles, 17 of them solos, with 0 sacks (the Bills do not list passes defensed in their stats) as part of the Bills 1-gap DT rotation. I know that stats don't tell the whole story, but, from the perspective of statistical production, Bunkley hasn't done much more than McCargo this year, even though McCargo has been injured and on IR, and Ngata's numbers aren't significantly better than those of K.Williams this season. So, at least from that perspective, the Bills have not missed out on much by taking McCargo and Williams instead of Bunkley or even Ngata to this point in the season.
very well put. It also reiterates the fact that the draft is a ****ing crap shoot. If anyone who thought Tom Brady would have 3 rings before he turned 27, he would have been drafted #1 overall instead of going in the 6th. On the other hand, guys like Ryan leaf would have been undrafted.

DraftBoy
12-08-2006, 09:35 AM
1st Part: I dont think you can assume that we would still suck. If we chose Ngata, then Matt Bowen would probally be playing the strong safety position next to Ko Simpson. Of course we don't know how Bowen is going to play due to his injury. But who knows, maybe Bowen could have exceeded expectations. One thing is for sure though...we still need a D-Tackle.

2nd Part: If Mario Williams helps the Texans win games next year, asses will fill those seats. A winning NFL team always attracts fans. I dont think we can say right now for sure that Bush would do that - it defiently helps that the Saints are 8-4.

The only players who fill seats on teams with losing records are probally Mike Vick and Brett Favre.

Its laughable to sit here and think that one player would make a big enough difference on our D. A rookie none the less, people are throwing around names like Ngata, who is doing well in Baltimore. Well, he's got a ton of talent around him. A true pass rush demon in Suggs, three good LB's, some of the best CB's in the league, the best S in the league. He would not have the same kind of production here. If we took Ngata and he did do well here, there is nothing that would stop teams from just running off the tackles? Our DE's are still pourous against the run., and our LB's not ideal for this system.

If you think Mario is seriously going to help the Texans win games next year, then yea you could have a valid point, but Im more inclinded to think your just saying it to bring a counter point, and not that you actually believe that. Not only is Bush putting ass's in the seats but he's also now (yes its been one game only) starting to put up some offensive production. Mario isnt showing much of anything, except how to get blocked...

DraftBoy
12-08-2006, 09:40 AM

You can say the same about Michael Vick in Atlanta, he sure put asses in the seats but now you see fans calling for his head. No matter which way you look at it, winning games puts the asses in the seats. Tom Donahoe was notorious for drafting skill players in an attempt to fill the stadium, obviously it hasn't worked too well, has it? As a Bills fan myself, I don't care which player they draft, as long as he helps this team win. I would actually like to see more grunts and 'character' guys as Levy puts it. Take a DE, DT, OG or OT, I don't care. Let's just win some football games, I'm so sick of losing. I will admit, hiring Levy was the best move Ralph could do, I'm excited about what he has done so far and I can't wait to see the finished product. I will say this with 100% certainty, Levy will address the less glorious positions while he is the GM here. 'Bout time and thank God.

IF we were running the Tampa 2, Id agree, but we arent. We are running a Cover 2. People who say we are running athe Tampa 2 are mistaken. We run a less aggressive version of Kiffen's D. And I also disagree about the MLB posistion. Safeties are your last line of defense and if they miss tackles the guy is gone, MLB not so much. Safeties blow coverages, its a TD, MLB's not so much. A mistake by a MLB will more often than not lead to another 10-15 yards gaines, a mistake by a safety more often than not will lead to a team scoring a touchdown. Especially in the Cover 2.

Drafting skill players and drafting name players are different strategies, so your point about TD made no sense, he drafted from the glam posistions yes, but he did not get the name players. Your Vick point is half way right. He's taken Atlanta to the NFC title game, also beat GB in the playoffs in GB. So its not like he's accomplished anything. As a Falcon follower, I can see the fans disillusionment with Vick, but those calling for his head, frankly are idiots. Guy is getting killed week in and week out, so his WR's can drop passes, and Mora can suck some more at coaching.

But yea Id love to get back to winning.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2006, 09:59 AM
The Texans have sold out every home game without Bush. How does he help them fill the stadium?

The King
12-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Unless the QBs name is Smith then no.

SABURZFAN
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
IF we were running the Tampa 2, Id agree, but we arent. We are running a Cover 2. People who say we are running athe Tampa 2 are mistaken. We run a less aggressive version of Kiffen's D. And I also disagree about the MLB posistion. Safeties are your last line of defense and if they miss tackles the guy is gone, MLB not so much. Safeties blow coverages, its a TD, MLB's not so much. A mistake by a MLB will more often than not lead to another 10-15 yards gaines, a mistake by a safety more often than not will lead to a team scoring a touchdown. Especially in the Cover 2.

BuffaloFever is full of bad information. :shakeno:

DraftBoy
12-08-2006, 10:20 AM
The Texans have sold out every home game without Bush. How does he help them fill the stadium?

Good for them, still a bad pick...if you dont see that now you will in next year, and the year there after, and the year after....also come lecter you know its not all about literally having fans at their stadium, anybody can sell out a game, its about tv ratings, merchandise sales and others things. Compare the TV ratings of the teams, and compare the difference (if any) of Mario's jersey sales, and Bush's jersey sales. Thats all money the Texans (assuming Mario has less, and their ratins are poorer) are missing out on, and now Bush appears to be turning the corner on his rookie year, while Mario is still stuggling. I think Williams will be a good DE, 7-9 sacks a year, 15-20 tackles but he's not a game breaker like a Peppers. Bush is a game breaker.

jdbillsfan
12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Texans should have drafted Vince Young.

Lexwhat
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Its laughable to sit here and think that one player would make a big enough difference on our D. A rookie none the less, people are throwing around names like Ngata, who is doing well in Baltimore. Well, he's got a ton of talent around him. A true pass rush demon in Suggs, three good LB's, some of the best CB's in the league, the best S in the league. He would not have the same kind of production here. If we took Ngata and he did do well here, there is nothing that would stop teams from just running off the tackles? Our DE's are still pourous against the run., and our LB's not ideal for this system.

If you think Mario is seriously going to help the Texans win games next year, then yea you could have a valid point, but Im more inclinded to think your just saying it to bring a counter point, and not that you actually believe that. Not only is Bush putting ass's in the seats but he's also now (yes its been one game only) starting to put up some offensive production. Mario isnt showing much of anything, except how to get blocked...

I wasnt saying that one player would make all the difference on our defense - I am only saying that a good D-tackle would be a great start towards improvement. As for Ngata, I was hoping the Bills would draft him, as were many others on this board. And you know that we have lost a lot of close games this year...IMO, a playmaker DT definetely would have helped us.

Of course Ngata has a ton of talent around him in Baltimore...but what's your point? If he can do well here, and help improve our defense, then that is all that matters...Are you forgetting how much better our defense was when we had Sam Adams and Pat next to each other at D-Tackle? We still have the same Defensive Ends then that we have now, and we were much better against the run. Yes I know it's a different defensive scheme, but it's not like our D-Ends have never stopped the run before.

As for Mario Williams, youre right - I don't really believe that Williams will turn out to be the best pick. But I could be wrong - I am only saying that we cannot tell at this point. As for Bush, he has not really had a great season either. He had a good game receiving against the 49ers (who, by the way, are a very very average team playing in a weak division), but not much else.
It is DEFINETLY possible that NEITHER Williams nor Bush will live up to expectations.

Maybe the Texans should have just gone with Vince Young instead...

Ron Burgundy
12-08-2006, 04:22 PM

And LaDanian Tomlinson and Vince Young...and Reggie Bush. Bank it.

Ron Burgundy
12-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Drafting skill players and drafting name players are different strategies, so your point about TD made no sense, he drafted from the glam posistions yes, but he did not get the name players. Your Vick point is half way right. He's taken Atlanta to the NFC title game, also beat GB in the playoffs in GB. So its not like he's accomplished anything. As a Falcon follower, I can see the fans disillusionment with Vick, but those calling for his head, frankly are idiots. Guy is getting killed week in and week out, so his WR's can drop passes, and Mora can suck some more at coaching.

But yea Id love to get back to winning.

:jam:

Lexwhat
12-08-2006, 04:58 PM
And LaDanian Tomlinson and Vince Young...and Reggie Bush. Bank it.

I said on teams with LOSING records.

Ron Burgundy
12-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I said on teams with LOSING records.

What I mean is that even if those teams had losing records, they'd be selling out every game...because they have those players.