• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

nfldraftcountdown's new mock

Has us taking a QB??? After the improvement JP has shown this season? Clearly they are not watching the Bills play:

What the Bills really need is a stud offensive tackle but since there isn't much value left there they instead opt for a top signal caller. The current regime in Buffalo has never been big fan's of J.P. Losman and he hasn't really done much to change their opinions this year so considering they weren't responsible for bringing him into the fold they would have no problem moving on from that mistake. Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

They have us picking at #14 which is lower than what I expect we will end up. Nevertheless, if we did end up that low...I'm not sure who I'd take? Alan Branch is gone in their scenario...maybe a top LB (what's TKO looking like come April ? - that might have alot to do with my choice as well as FA grabs).
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: nfldraftcountdown's new mock

God they're idiots.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

What the Bills really need is a stud offensive tackle but since there isn't much value left there they instead opt for a top signal caller. The current regime in Buffalo has never been big fan's of J.P. Losman and he hasn't really done much to change their opinions this year so considering they weren't responsible for bringing him into the fold they would have no problem moving on from that mistake. Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

Comment

What a dumb mock

Marv will pull another surprise. I reckon if it remains as it is he'll trade down for Pat Willis and a No3 or even better Paul Posluzny and a No2.

I cannot see us drafting a QB especially as I think they have seen a hint with JP and will not want to start all over again especially with a junior like Russell. If we did draft a QB I see it coming outside R1 with someone who has slipped like Drew Stanton.

Marv/Dick will look at the TKO situation, the Fletcher/Rosenhaus situation, the lack of quality at LB in FA, the lack of depth at LB in the team and think 'a new Corneillus Bennett will do nicely' or equivalent.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Their last mock draft had us taking OT Sam Baker of USC, who spent the entire UCLA game getting toasted. Sharp thinking.

Those fan sight draft boards haven't a clue. Zero credibility. Nothing but wannabe GM's/Scouts in a cheerleading outfit.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
            Their last mock draft had us taking OT Sam Baker of USC, who spent the entire UCLA game getting toasted. Sharp thinking.

Those fan sight draft boards haven't a clue. Zero credibility. Nothing but wannabe GM's/Scouts in a cheerleading outfit.
            So true. Mock drafts do have entertainment value though, imo.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Russell could possibly be the most boneheaded choice I could imagine.

Jon

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                • Nov 2005

It's a fair enough idea, but not JaMarcus. There are better options at QB.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Russell could be the best QB to come out this year, he has an arm like you wouldnt believe, and he can move. He's also a load to take down and shakes off alot of arm tackles. Not a bad pick, if JP falters down the stretch. Id love to pick him up, though at 14 it seems high. Id see him more like a 2nd rounder.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

Dwayne Jarrett, Qunn Pitcock, or JaMarcus Russell if JP sux the rest of the way those are my choices.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Good thing one game doesnt make or break the player...
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                        It's a fair enough idea, but not JaMarcus. There are better options at QB.

why not JaMarcus??
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

that reminds me of a few posters in here.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Rd. 1 Frank Okam
                            Rd. 2 Aaron Sears

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                              !?!?!?!?!?
                              • Mar 2006

it drops Bakers stock but not much considering UCLA's d-line is one of the best in the country

Comment

Working...
                              X