PDA

View Full Version : Giants, Jets Receive $300 Million in NFL Stadium Loan

Michael82
12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
The New York Giants and Jets received approval for $300 million in National Football League stadium loans, a major step toward building a shared $1.2 billion home field in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

Representatives of the league's teams, meeting in Dallas, voted 30-2 to grant each New York franchise $150 million through a program that provides financing for stadium construction, Giants co-owner Steve Tisch said in an interview.

The Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills voted against the proposal, Tisch said. No other single project has received more than $150 million since the NFL's program began in 1999. The stadium plan faces a state environmental hearing next week.

``With no other foreseeable obstacles, we're in good position to break ground on the new stadium in the spring,'' Tisch said. ``It really clears the deck to move ahead.''

The Jets-Giants request risked being the first that the owners rejected. Some owners were concerned that increased revenue from the new stadium, once added to the players' salary pool, would boost payrolls for all teams. Owners of both teams said the privately financed stadium was contingent on the $300 million NFL contribution.

The NFL players union said this week it was willing to cut the salary ceiling by $800 million over 15 years to reduce the stadium's impact on other teams. It said a new facility would raise salaries on each team by around $2 million a year.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a_.Zjg2wrBFY&refer=home

dBLiTzer28
12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
I wanted the Jets not to share a stadium with the Giants ... ohh well

HendersonD06
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I happen 2 like the Meadowlands... I dont want no "New" Stadium... **** ah new Stadium

Edited language: violation of ToS. ~Mr. Miyagi

Bling
12-07-2006, 04:28 PM
This is why you're a ****ty franchise. **** runs downhill, and there's no question that Mr. Wilson is long overdue to give away the team. You need someone that has money, and is willing to spend it. Quit getting penis envy because the Giants and Jets got more money, and start attempting to compete. Jeez.

Michael82
12-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I happen 2 like the Meadowlands... I dont want no "New" Stadium... **** ah new Stadium
:up:

Mitchy moo
12-07-2006, 04:35 PM
It's a new place for eastern NY animals to crap in.

casdhf
12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
They ever going to actually move to New York?

raphael120
12-07-2006, 04:45 PM
see what happens when your teams are competative year in and year out?

Michael82
12-07-2006, 05:04 PM
They ever going to actually move to New York?
nope, they are actually moving all their offices to New Jersey. They pay taxes to NJ too and the ticket sales are in NJ too. They better change their name to New Jersey Jets/Giants. :snicker:

G. Host
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
NY ought to sue to get their name rights back.

jamze132
12-08-2006, 03:54 AM
There isn't really any reason why the state of NY can't help the Bill's prospective owner's keep the team in Buffalo. We are technically the only NFL team the state has.

RedEyE
12-08-2006, 06:50 AM
This is why you're a ****ty franchise. **** runs downhill, and there's no question that Mr. Wilson is long overdue to give away the team. You need someone that has money, and is willing to spend it. Quit getting penis envy because the Giants and Jets got more money, and start attempting to compete. Jeez.

I actually agree with Bling here....to a point. Wilson has been El Cheapo forever and a day. The guy thinks winning comes from fortified deposits rather than the short end of the checkbook. While I don't believe in overpaying for players, I do believe in paying for needs and neccessities. This is exactly why you will see players like Clements and Fletcher walk next season.

Fletcher has been overlooked for the pro bowl for years and has career high stats with Buffalo. He's having a stellar year but gets 0 publicity becasue he plays for a crappy defense in a low market franchise.

Wilson will also never even consider negotiations for the numbers Nate will want thrown on the table in the offseason.

And this vicious cycle will continue.....What happens in a couple years when Ko Simpson and Whitner want new high dollar contracts to stay in Buffalo? Wilson won't bend there either.

I love Mr. Wilson and all that he's brought a franchise to Buffalo, but It's time to open the wallet, the safe and the children's expense accounts to snag quality players that can make this franchise a winner again.

I'm not saying he needs to "Dan Snyder" his team, he just needs to be more liberal with his money. In return he just might see a higher return. Bring in quality premier players and endorsements follow.

Perhaps if Wilson pushed and assisted to have a new stadium erected downtown he could also help return something to the city of Buffalo. Not only would it help revitalize the downtown area and help create business for bars and restaurants, a new modetn stadium might also bring a larger televised market which in turn would also bring in marketing gurus to get their logo or name out and televised nationally.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 07:31 AM

I hade all of your posts including this one.

However, even though I hate it you are right!!!:sad:

gr8slayer
12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
"You get back what you invest in your team" - Jerry Jones

TacklingDummy
12-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Change their names to New Jersey.

GreenMachine
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Change their names to New Jersey.

it is the New York Metropolitan area. Should we change your name to the Orchard Park Bills?

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2006, 03:25 PM
it is the New York Metropolitan area. Should we change your name to the Orchard Park Bills?
New Jersey is a completely different state.

Orchard Park is a burb of Buffalo.

Negged.

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Looks like a good investment by the NFL.

MikeInRoch
12-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Oh really? And what is YOUR franchise's excuse for being a ****ty franchise?

Michael82
12-09-2006, 08:39 AM
New Jersey is a completely different state.

Orchard Park is a burb of Buffalo.

Negged.
PWNED! :bf1: