PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Sues Yahoo!

zone
12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Along with a sweeping management reorganization and shrinking stock price, Yahoo! also has to contend with a lawsuit filed against it by the gridiron's golden boy, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who claims that the online giant improperly used his image to promote its fantasy football game.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1207061brady1.html

Yeah, yeah, Yahoo should have obtained the rights (that or put up an image of a player who isn't a classless prima donna). Dumb move by Yahoo, no-class move by Brady. Just something else for him to cry about.

YardRat
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Homo.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
What a stuck up *****.

Slim
12-07-2006, 07:55 PM
He needs more money.. i guess.

zone
12-07-2006, 07:59 PM
he needs a punch in the face.

Stewie
12-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah he's a moron for protecting his assets. What a loser.

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah he's a moron for protecting his assets. What a loser.

STFU already. Tom brady is a ***** plain and simple. He is now on the list for guys I hope has a career ending injury.

Grow the **** up Tom!

mybills
12-08-2006, 07:04 AM
The introduction is overboard. They could've sufficed with just this first part...

"Tom Brady is the quarter back for the New England Patriots."

"who led his team to 3 super bowl championships" ...is unneccesarily added.

ddaryl
12-08-2006, 07:15 AM
It's Tom's image and if yahoo wants to use it to promote its business they very well have to pay for that right. Why is it ok for Yahoo to profit from this but Brady isn't allowed to expect compnesation for it.

Earthquake Enyart
12-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Used his image?

I thought maybe they outed him. :limp:

Stewie
12-08-2006, 07:25 AM
STFU already. Tom brady is a ***** plain and simple. He is now on the list for guys I hope has a career ending injury.

Grow the **** up Tom!

The NFL player is the *****. And he's the one who needs to grow up. Riiight.

RedEyE
12-08-2006, 07:28 AM
We're all at risk for just mentioning him in this thread.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2006, 07:34 AM

Grow the **** up Tom!

Career ending injury?

Hell I don't even want that to happen to TO.

Ickybaluky
12-08-2006, 08:07 AM
We're all at risk for just mentioning him in this thread.

From now on, just to be safe, you should probably refer to him as "the player".

Stewie
12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
genuflect

HAMMER
12-08-2006, 08:26 AM

Grow the **** up Tom!

Class, pure class.

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Class, pure class.Oh no, some obscure person on a message board doesn't think I have class. Oh my god, what will I do now?

Idiots.

RedEyE
12-08-2006, 08:35 AM

Can't do it. That's a Parcells appointed name for the Cowboys well known pill poppin' WR.

We refer to most Patriots as "TB". It covers most players on the roster....at least the ones ESPN cares about anyway.

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Or The Father of Amazing Games.

casdhf
12-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Son of Bruschi

OpIv37
12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
It's Tom's image and if yahoo wants to use it to promote its business they very well have to pay for that right. Why is it ok for Yahoo to profit from this but Brady isn't allowed to expect compnesation for it.

I see that point, but Tom also sued GM cuz they used his picture in a local newspaper ad for like a week after his contract expired, and cried to the media when GM took too long to give him his free Cadillac for being SB MVP.

Yeah, he has a right to make money off his own image, but at the same time he's a ****ing millionaire athlete suing companies where real Americans do real work for a living. Boo-****ing-hoo. It's not like he's hurting to pay the bills with his NFL salary and endorsement deals. I have no sympathy for him.

Oh, and where's the proof that the image lead to more profits for Yahoo? They could have used almost any football-related image and had the exact same results. People who are going to use Yahoo's football features are going to use them, regardless of Brady's image.

Mr. Miyagi
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I almost didn't get Sirius because of Brady's endorsement.

Crazygoo
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I see that point, but Tom also sued GM cuz they used his picture in a local newspaper ad for like a week after his contract expired, and cried to the media when GM took too long to give him his free Cadillac for being SB MVP.

Yeah, he has a right to make money off his own image, but at the same time he's a ****ing millionaire athlete suing companies where real Americans do real work for a living. Boo-****ing-hoo. It's not like he's hurting to pay the bills with his NFL salary and endorsement deals. I have no sympathy for him.

Oh, and where's the proof that the image lead to more profits for Yahoo? They could have used almost any football-related image and had the exact same results. People who are going to use Yahoo's football features are going to use them, regardless of Brady's image.

He can sue but he will lose mainly for the reason you list. He can't prove Yahoo profited off of his likeness. The thing is popular as hell on its own and they can't prove Yahoo made MORE MONEY with his likeness.

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 01:31 PM
***where did you get that avatar?

Stewie
12-08-2006, 02:45 PM
profootballtalk ran a blurb saying the NFLPA sells rights to NFL related images with 6 or more players. If that's true, Brady's dunce lawyer will make him look pretty bad.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh no, some obscure person on a message board doesn't think I have class. Oh my god, what will I do now?

Idiots.
:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Yahoo Fantasy football is free by the way Brady You idiot ****** baby!!!!

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Yahoo Fantasy football is free by the way Brady You idiot ****** baby!!!!Oh you can pay for upgraded features, but I am sure people went out and added those just because Tom's likeness was on there (sarcasm)

This is another case of a clown of an athlete thinking he is better than he is. Screw the moron

ublinkwescore
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Career ending injury?

Hell I don't even want that to happen to TO.

I couldn't care less if it happened to either player - I'm so sick of the media licking Brady's @$$ and constantly condemning T.O., but still giving him lots of airtime.

I think if both walked away (or were forced into retirement) it would be extremely good for the game.