PDA

View Full Version : Thursday football

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
two thursday night games.... and two clunkers. what a disaster for the NFLN!

this game tonight was just a sboring as it could get!

they better do some serious retooling on the schedule!

OpIv37
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I was flipping through the DirecTV guide and saw the game listed.

My first thought was "Oh cool- there's football on".

My second thought was "Well, it's Cleveland vs Pittsburgh- that's almost football."

hammerbillsfan
12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
:z: What a snoozefest.

SABURZFAN
12-07-2006, 10:45 PM
:z: What a snoozefest.

can't be any worse than BuffaloFever's posts.

hammerbillsfan
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
:movie:

Michael82
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM
:rofl: Guess the Time Warner customers aren't missing much. :phew:

gr8slayer
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
All three games sucked so far. Dont worry about getting NFLN untill they get some real teams on there.

lordofgun
12-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I had Willie Parker in the Big Money League!

Just another reason to play Fantasy Football - makes meaningless games fun.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Note to the NFL: Leave the frickin games to the professionals. Their GREED is destroying the game!!

1) The NFL should not be broadcasting it's own games. PERIOD.

2) GUMBLE SUCKS. You know he's bad when you have me feeling sorry for Collinsworth.

3) Do they only own 2 Cameras? Did they buy them on E-Bay? It looks like the game is being broadcasted from the 60's!!

4) They could have San Diego and Dallas playing and it would suck!!

lordofgun
12-08-2006, 09:03 AM
My hi-def pic was awesome!

BILLSROCK1212
12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
My hi-def pic was awesome!yea, i dont get the games with Cablevision but when i watch the highlights in high-def it really does look great.....also one other thing...how do they not have a sideline reporter?

HHURRICANE
12-08-2006, 09:12 AM
My hi-def pic was awesome!

You must have dish? I have Comcast in ATL and thier is no HD for this game. But it looks even ****tier than the normal games without HD.

Jeff1220
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
also one other thing...how do they not have a sideline reporter?

...best idea ever in NFL broadcasting !

gr8slayer
12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
yea, i dont get the games with Cablevision but when i watch the highlights in high-def it really does look great.....also one other thing...how do they not have a sideline reporter?
Their sideline reporter was Marshall.

BILLSROCK1212
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Their sideline reporter was Marshall.Faulk was there? i never heard bout that i thought he did pre game and half time?

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I didn't even know a game was playing. :idunno:

Mad Bomber
12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't get the NFL network on my provider.

I haven't missed a damned thing so far.

No regrets.

raphael120
12-08-2006, 08:26 PM
you know what, i dont like ANY of the new NFL commentator pairings out there. friggin kornheiser? gumble? that **** eating grin faced collinsworth? oh my god, i thought MADDEN was horrible, now i am praying to have 5 maddens bumbling over words trying to talk to eachother about random non football related crap instead of this jerk offs. NFL is going downhill on the sunday, monday and thursday night football slots. and whoever thought that "pink" singing the sunday night football theme was a good idea needs to be repeatedly kicked in the nuts

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I cannot tolerate Kornholer. he knows nothing about football and says the absolutly stupidest things... even my wife who could care less about football asked me what the heck he was talking aobut the other nite!

raphael120
12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
i dont know about u, dude, but when i turn football on the boob tube, i usually do it because i want to watch football....not listen to dumbasses. if i wanted to listen to dumbasses i would watch replays of congressional meetings on cspan

lordofgun
12-09-2006, 08:17 AM
You must have dish? I have Comcast in ATL and thier is no HD for this game. But it looks even ****tier than the normal games without HD.
NOPE! I get NFLHD channel on my comcast service!

Michael82
12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Note to the NFL: Leave the frickin games to the professionals. Their GREED is destroying the game!!

1) The NFL should not be broadcasting it's own games. PERIOD.

2) GUMBLE SUCKS. You know he's bad when you have me feeling sorry for Collinsworth.

3) Do they only own 2 Cameras? Did they buy them on E-Bay? It looks like the game is being broadcasted from the 60's!!

4) They could have San Diego and Dallas playing and it would suck!!
Great post! The NFL got too greedy and gave a crap product.

Michael82
12-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't get the NFL network on my provider.

I haven't missed a damned thing so far.

No regrets.
:hi5:

Michael82
12-09-2006, 08:46 AM
you know what, i dont like ANY of the new NFL commentator pairings out there. friggin kornheiser? gumble? that **** eating grin faced collinsworth? oh my god, i thought MADDEN was horrible, now i am praying to have 5 maddens bumbling over words trying to talk to eachother about random non football related crap instead of this jerk offs. NFL is going downhill on the sunday, monday and thursday night football slots. and whoever thought that "pink" singing the sunday night football theme was a good idea needs to be repeatedly kicked in the nuts
Good post. The Pink intro really gets on my ****ing nerves. Oh and don't even get me started with Football in America. That show sucks ass. :puke: NFL Primetime was the best when it was on at 7:00pm last year. It was wayyy better than that Football in America crap.

lordofgun
12-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I LOVE THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! And I can't wait for Saturday Night Football too!!

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 06:55 PM
just curious guys....u say that all of these commentators are bad but then who is good?

me personally....i like Kornheiser he relates a lot to the less knowledgable football fans (not saying I am one of them) and brings more entertainment to the game and i love how he talks about fantasy football once or twice a game like a lot of people will say while watching games say 'o **** LT scored now i need 30 points from Peyton'. IDC if he says something stupid because the people who care about what he says will enjoy it and just laugh and the ppl who dont care shud just be watching the game on mute

But GUMBLE JUST SUCKS!!!! His voice is not for commentating football games...he needs to just stick to the studio where even there i think he sux but he isnt as bad....Collinsworth and Madden are just average although i do agree that Madden says some of the stupidest things at times but i dont really care

I watch football for the game and not for the commentators....the commentators just add to the excitement and keep you hooked

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Good post. The Pink intro really gets on my ****ing nerves. Oh and don't even get me started with Football in America. That show sucks ass. :puke: NFL Primetime was the best when it was on at 7:00pm last year. It was wayyy better than that Football in America crap. yea the Pink intro does suck....Football Night in America's music sux soooo bad but the show itself isnt horrible but Primetime was better and was at a better time....usually the last day of the day ends with 15 min left in Football Night in America

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Bills ROck... when kornholler talks about fantasy football I want to puke! Fantasy football is bushleague and I dont want to hear about kornholers pathetic FF fantasies.

Kornholler is LOSER and so is the rest of the MNF booth!

I say lets bring back gifford, dandy don, and Howard cosell!

mybills
12-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I like Pink. :couch:

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Bills ROck... when kornholler talks about fantasy football I want to puke! Fantasy football is bushleague and I dont want to hear about kornholers pathetic FF fantasies.

Kornholler is LOSER and so is the rest of the MNF booth!

I say lets bring back gifford, dandy don, and Howard cosell!that is your opinion.........i have mixed feelings about it mostly a tweener between not caring that he says it and maybe getting a small laugh out of it once and awhile........in my opinion i think the MNF crew shud be Sterling Sharpe Dan Fouts and Brent Musburger or Dick Enberg

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2006, 07:54 AM
that is your opinion.........i have mixed feelings about it mostly a tweener between not caring that he says it and maybe getting a small laugh out of it once and awhile........in my opinion i think the MNF crew shud be Sterling Sharpe Dan Fouts and Brent Musburger or Dick Enberg

Now That Crew I would Buy into!

Historian
12-10-2006, 08:50 AM

:rofl:

lordofgun
12-10-2006, 02:07 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of ******s. Quit complaining that there's football in thursday nights. :rolleyes: