PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest on McGahee's injury status?

BILLSROCK1212
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
What are you guys hearing up there in Buffalo?

jamze132
12-08-2006, 12:42 PM
The guy is going to dance behind the line of scrimage all day despite repeated attempts by everyone in the universe telling him to "hit the hole".

RockStar36
12-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Well, either that or he'll have yet another career day against the Jets.

mybills
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
edit...

:snicker:

RedEyE
12-08-2006, 01:07 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:04 PM
</SPAN>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>FRIDAY UPDATE: Willis McGahee and Terrence McGee both practiced Friday, but they each remain questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.
"Terrence and Willis practiced some," said head coach Dick Jauron. "They took maybe a little less than their normal share of snaps in practice."
Donte Whitner and John DiGiorgio did not practice. Jauron said all four will be game time decisions.
Matt Bowen is expected to take Whitner's place in the lineup if Whitner can't play Sunday, but Jauron would not confirm that.
"He's one of the options that we have there," Jauron said.

madness
12-08-2006, 01:07 PM
From Chris Brown's Blog (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1)...

FRIDAY UPDATE: Willis McGahee and Terrence McGee both practiced Friday, but they each remain questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.
"Terrence and Willis practiced some," said head coach Dick Jauron. "They took maybe a little less than their normal share of snaps in practice."

madness
12-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Damn, beat me by a hair. :doh:

ICE74129
12-08-2006, 01:27 PM
The guy is going to dance behind the line of scrimage all day despite repeated attempts by everyone in the universe telling him to "hit the hole".

Including Marv

OpIv37
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Prediction: if Willis doesn't play, A-Train goes over 100 yards.

HendersonD06
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, either that or he'll have yet another career day against the Jets.

Now as a Jets fan... I can tell this guy is a true Bills fan... I mean I use to HATE when Jets fans hated on C.Martin, this man was a GREAT RB for us, would really never bust that 20 yard run for us, but he would tire the D down and pick up that 3-4 yard run, or even most of the times, turn nothing (negative) into something (Plus 2) Last season was a down year for C-Mart, because he was hurt, and half of the Jets fans really never wanted to stop and think... Man this guy plays with 100% each time he runs the ball , even when hurt ( could be bad 2 the team, but thats the way he was) He picks up 3-4 yards a run, he turns nothing into SOMETHING... Man, I really wish the Jets had a healthy Curtis on this years Jets... I HATED K.Barlow with all my guys, D.Blaylock... Wow, never woulda thought I would want my RUNNING-BACK to TRY and CATCH the ball more than he ran the ball... And I honestly mean that. Now the 2nd part of the season, im actually proud that our Running game is starting to click... C.Houston, what can I say... Im starting to like this guy, for the simple fact, he runs hard, pretty fast, powerfull, tucks the ball, hits the hole and just slashes through the line, he kinda reminds me of like a young L.Jordan for us... And now with the Rookie RB we have in L.Washington from Florida State, I like this kid, he is exciting to watch, I kinda wanna say he reminds me of like a powerfull Warrick Dun, but dont know if he will ever be that GO TO guy. I guess you can say, I really want another Martin.

But is what Im trying to say Bills fans... Willis is a GREAT RB, I dont care what anyone says, Bills fans or Jets fans... Willis kills us each fuucking time he plays us! But then again, so did Travis Henry when you all had him, seems like all Bills Running backs run wild on us. But Willis is going to be GREAT for you all in the future... Some Bills fans sound like old Jets fans... In Curtis cant get it done for us type talk... I keep reading how Willis is dancining in the backfield... Sorry 2 say boys... Willis is dancing because the O-Line needs serious work, just like the Jets had to spend the 1st 2 picks on the O-Line with Brick and Ferg, I think Bills gotta do the same thing... Then you all will have a Willis that you all so want. I know how it is, I feel you all... But then again, Im living in Florida, im 21, I seen Willis for MIA running wild, this man has HOF potential... I like L.Washington for the jets... He was like ACC player of the year for the Seminoles 2 years ago... But still, he is nothing like Willis was in NCAA...

Willis reminds me of a Curtis Martin (On the field) not off... Willis seems like a nice guy off the field, but Martin would never say something like... "I own this team, this LB (Vilma) and this and that, kinda throws off the team and pumps up the other team if you ask me... Curtis off the field was like a B.Sanders, real humble. But besides that, Willis will play hurt, he will turn NOTHING into something, and yes, he will bust them big time runs, and if used right, will help J.P out in the passing game. So before alot of Bills fans throw him under the bus... Just know this, Jets fans were throwing Curtis under the bus for years, now look, we still wish we had him, im just glad I always knew what we had in Curtis, and thats a potential HOFer

RedEyE
12-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Now as a Jets fan... I can tell this guy is a true Bills fan... I mean I use to HATE when Jets fans hated on C.Martin, this man was a GREAT RB for us, would really never bust that 20 yard run for us, but he would tire the D down and pick up that 3-4 yard run, or even most of the times, turn nothing (negative) into something (Plus 2) Last season was a down year for C-Mart, because he was hurt, and half of the Jets fans really never wanted to stop and think... Man this guy plays with 100% each time he runs the ball , even when hurt ( could be bad 2 the team, but thats the way he was) He picks up 3-4 yards a run, he turns nothing into SOMETHING... Man, I really wish the Jets had a healthy Curtis on this years Jets... I HATED K.Barlow with all my guys, D.Blaylock... Wow, never woulda thought I would want my RUNNING-BACK to TRY and CATCH the ball more than he ran the ball... And I honestly mean that. Now the 2nd part of the season, im actually proud that our Running game is starting to click... C.Houston, what can I say... Im starting to like this guy, for the simple fact, he runs hard, pretty fast, powerfull, tucks the ball, hits the hole and just slashes through the line, he kinda reminds me of like a young L.Jordan for us... And now with the Rookie RB we have in L.Washington from Florida State, I like this kid, he is exciting to watch, I kinda wanna say he reminds me of like a powerfull Warrick Dun, but dont know if he will ever be that GO TO guy. I guess you can say, I really want another Martin.

But is what Im trying to say Bills fans... Willis is a GREAT RB, I dont care what anyone says, Bills fans or Jets fans... Willis kills us each fuucking time he plays us! But then again, so did Travis Henry when you all had him, seems like all Bills Running backs run wild on us. But Willis is going to be GREAT for you all in the future... Some Bills fans sound like old Jets fans... In Curtis cant get it done for us type talk... I keep reading how Willis is dancining in the backfield... Sorry 2 say boys... Willis is dancing because the O-Line needs serious work, just like the Jets had to spend the 1st 2 picks on the O-Line with Brick and Ferg, I think Bills gotta do the same thing... Then you all will have a Willis that you all so want. I know how it is, I feel you all... But then again, Im living in Florida, im 21, I seen Willis for MIA running wild, this man has HOF potential... I like L.Washington for the jets... He was like ACC player of the year for the Seminoles 2 years ago... But still, he is nothing like Willis was in NCAA...

Willis reminds me of a Curtis Martin (On the field) not off... Willis seems like a nice guy off the field, but Martin would never say something like... "I own this team, this LB (Vilma) and this and that, kinda throws off the team and pumps up the other team if you ask me... Curtis off the field was like a B.Sanders, real humble. But besides that, Willis will play hurt, he will turn NOTHING into something, and yes, he will bust them big time runs, and if used right, will help J.P out in the passing game. So before alot of Bills fans throw him under the bus... Just know this, Jets fans were throwing Curtis under the bus for years, now look, we still wish we had him, im just glad I always knew what we had in Curtis, and thats a potential HOFer

And so did Thurman Thomas. It's a vicious cycle.

HendersonD06
12-08-2006, 01:40 PM

Well we all know, Jets fans, Bills fans, Pats fan, NFL fans... That the Bills have... well, not so good of an O-Line...So dont think Willis has the best holes to hit, shiit, sometimes the man has no holes to hit, i'v seen it with my own eyes, this Bills O-Line reminds me of the Jets O-Line last season, maybe not that bad, but still... so yea he has to dance to try and buy time to find a hole... Anyone that knows anything about running the ball knows this... Without a dominating like, its hard to pick up those 3-4 yard runs, let alone a 20-30 yard run... I know it may look easy, but its not... as a RB, you need your QB to try and open things up for you, and you need a line to get a nice push also, if not... Dont blame Willis, its not right. This man is GOOD

HendersonD06
12-08-2006, 01:42 PM

If Willis dont play... A-Train 100 yards? lol, I dont see him rushing for over 80... Mark my words, if A-Train plays, I will be sure to bump this thread back up, I may be eating crow, but I dont think so

DMBcrew36
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM

A-Train will run wild if he gets a shot against the Jets.

OpIv37
12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
If Willis dont play... A-Train 100 yards? lol, I dont see him rushing for over 80... Mark my words, if A-Train plays, I will be sure to bump this thread back up, I may be eating crow, but I dont think so

Willis dances- A Train runs downhill. If Willis can shred the Jets (and he has in the last several meetings), so can A-train.

RockStar36
12-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Willis dances- A Train runs downhill. If Willis can shred the Jets (and he has in the last several meetings), so can A-train.

Doubt it. A-Train didn't do anything spectacular in his two starts that made me wonder whether or not Willis was the franchise back. I'd also like to note that coming off an injury that normally takes a few weeks, he came back because he wanted to play and was one of the main reasons for the victory against Jax. Even the haters can't deny that.

DMBcrew36
12-08-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm with you on this one assuming that McGahee plays like he did against San Diego, hopping around side-to-side behind blocks, going nowhere. Obviously, though, I know that San Diego's run defense is much better than the Jets. Seeing how badly McGahee torched the Jets last time they met, I see no reason why A-Train couldn't have the same kind of result. He definitely hits holes harder.

RockStar36
12-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Once again. I watched A-Train start two games and didn't see him do anything that Willis couldn't have or wouldn't have done.

raphael120
12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
its not so much our O-line as much as i think willis just doesnt want to be in buffalo. he isnt a buffalo guy. and neither is JP if you ask me. pretty boy cali guy, and a thug from miami, JP likes it because the bills gave him a chance and are stickin with him, giving him the opportunity because he's struggling, but willis thinks he's the hot steaming crap. nothing against him, if i was him, i wouldnt want to be on a losing team all the time, especially when despite that, you still find time to get media exposure. i dont know...i just dont see willis saying to me "aw yeh, man, i love buffalo, love the people, love the area, the weather." u know? willis is wantin to be in a warmer, bigger city, new york, something, u know he's just tryin to get out of this place...

DMBcrew36
12-08-2006, 06:46 PM
its not so much our O-line as much as i think willis just doesnt want to be in buffalo. he isnt a buffalo guy. and neither is JP if you ask me. pretty boy cali guy, and a thug from miami, JP likes it because the bills gave him a chance and are stickin with him, giving him the opportunity because he's struggling, but willis thinks he's the hot steaming crap. nothing against him, if i was him, i wouldnt want to be on a losing team all the time, especially when despite that, you still find time to get media exposure. i dont know...i just dont see willis saying to me "aw yeh, man, i love buffalo, love the people, love the area, the weather." u know? willis is wantin to be in a warmer, bigger city, new york, something, u know he's just tryin to get out of this place...

I totally agree. I think he's trying to make the best of the situation while he's here, but will be excited to go to a big market team. He's all set up with Drew Rosenhaus, just waiting for his payday.

jamze132
12-09-2006, 06:02 AM
Well we all know, Jets fans, Bills fans, Pats fan, NFL fans... That the Bills have... well, not so good of an O-Line...So dont think Willis has the best holes to hit, shiit, sometimes the man has no holes to hit, i'v seen it with my own eyes, this Bills O-Line reminds me of the Jets O-Line last season, maybe not that bad, but still... so yea he has to dance to try and buy time to find a hole... Anyone that knows anything about running the ball knows this... Without a dominating like, its hard to pick up those 3-4 yard runs, let alone a 20-30 yard run... I know it may look easy, but its not... as a RB, you need your QB to try and open things up for you, and you need a line to get a nice push also, if not... Dont blame Willis, its not right. This man is GOOD
So I guess when our coach and our GM who just might know a thing or two about football are pretty much screaming for Willis to hit the hole, it doesn't say anything to you? I guess we ALL know nothing about football since you have "seen it with your own eyes". We have too and we all know that our O-line sucks, but if he ran towards the LOS instead of two-stepping, he would have an average well over 4.0 ypc.

mybills
12-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Once again. I watched A-Train start two games and didn't see him do anything that Willis couldn't have or wouldn't have done.
I agree. He's no Willis.