PDA

View Full Version : Any Large Free Agent WR's ?

HAMMER
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Anybody see any FA WR's with size that could help our offense this offseason?

Kerr
12-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Drew Bennett.

The last buffalo fan
12-08-2006, 04:48 PM
EMo

RockStar36
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
EMo

That's a huge thumbs down on that one.

BILLSROCK1212
12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
how many threads are there gonna be like this? Ernest Wilford is the tallest WR i can think of that is an FA

HAMMER
12-08-2006, 05:04 PM
how many threads are there gonna be like this? Ernest Wilford is the tallest WR i can think of that is an FA

Sorry, I thought this was a football message board.

jamze132
12-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Sorry, I thought this was a football message board.
Man, are you wrong? You aren't allowed to post anything here except JP slams!

j/k

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 03:27 PM
i am sorry but this is about the 5th thread on this in the past week or less

dolphan117
12-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Well..... TO may well have talked himself out of Dallas by then. :snicker:

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
i am sorry but this is about the 5th thread on this in the past week or less

Well, nothing has been going on lately. This mb has pretty much been a ghost town, if somebody has anything entertaining to discuss, I'm all for it.

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, nothing has been going on lately. This mb has pretty much been a ghost town, if somebody has anything entertaining to discuss, I'm all for it.i have no problem with discussing this but why not just bump up another thread like this?

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2006, 05:46 PM
i have no problem with discussing this but why not just bump up another thread like this?

Maybe he didn't see a similar thread like this? Not everybody cares or remembers to use the search filter before every post. If you don't like this thread, why can't you just ignore it? He didn't do anything to break the rules, he is just trying to talk some good football.

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Maybe he didn't see a similar thread like this? Not everybody cares or remembers to use the search filter before every post. If you don't like this thread, why can't you just ignore it? He didn't do anything to break the rules, he is just trying to talk some good football.
man just chill.......yur makin a big deal out of nothing, i was just pointing something out

evol4276
12-09-2006, 10:30 PM
ok back to the damn topic, even if it is like the 5th or 6th time its been posted... IMO I would love to have Ernest Wilford.. a big tall reciever that we're lacking at the moment. the only downside is that for some reason he (as well as the rest of the jax recievers) have been having trouble catching the ball since leftwich went down, so it would be a toss up maybe? either way we need a possession reciever

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2006, 11:01 PM
ok back to the damn topic, even if it is like the 5th or 6th time its been posted... IMO I would love to have Ernest Wilford.. a big tall reciever that we're lacking at the moment. the only downside is that for some reason he (as well as the rest of the jax recievers) have been having trouble catching the ball since leftwich went down, so it would be a toss up maybe? either way we need a possession reciever
lol thank you......id like to at least have the Bills take a look at him......idk if marv is gonna make WR much of a priority in FA and maybe more so in the draft

billsburgh
12-09-2006, 11:43 PM
I really dislike Ernest Wilford because of him catching the winning td a few years ago in Buffalo. But I'm sure my opinion would change if he were wearing the blue and red. I would rather have Drew Bennett though.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-10-2006, 04:56 AM
I'd rather have Drew Bennett as well.

I like Wilford, but his drops worry me--what's the sense of having that kind of size if he's going to drop the ball half of the time. We've already been through that kind of frustration with Josh Reed.

The problem that I can see with Bennett, though, is that he may be expensive and I can also see the Titans making a big effort to resign him. If that is the case, as has been discussed before, there are some pretty nice WRs coming out in this draft who might be interesting.

kernowboy
12-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Wilford is their 3rd receiver behind Williams and Jones. I think he would jump at the chance to be a starting WR. He has a good leap, surprising speed, a nasty blocker but his catching technique is a little suspect as he catches into the body. That is something that can be easily cured through good coaching and working with more experienced team mates. Williams was a decent WR at Washington, but Jones was a QB, at Buffalo Ernest would be working with Evans, Reed and Price, all of whom I think are better catchers of the ball. Retain Sam Aitken and that is 5 good WRs at our disposal

For me there are always interesting WRs in every draft. This year there are some good TE in free agency but also in the draft and we may well end up being able to pick Zach Millar or Greg Olsen with our 2nd rounder. Considering Marcedes Lewis went in the 1st this year, that constitutes a big of a steal if not grand larceny

BILLSROCK1212
12-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd rather have Drew Bennett as well.

I like Wilford, but his drops worry me--what's the sense of having that kind of size if he's going to drop the ball half of the time. We've already been through that kind of frustration with Josh Reed.

The problem that I can see with Bennett, though, is that he may be expensive and I can also see the Titans making a big effort to resign him. If that is the case, as has been discussed before, there are some pretty nice WRs coming out in this draft who might be interesting.the Titans went for WR big time last year in the draft and free agency and no matter what will draft a WR if they have the chance to draft someone like a Jarrett or Ginn cas rite now Calvin Johnson is out of the question.....i do not see them making a huge push to resign Bennett unless the want Quentin Moses or Leon Hall

Tatonka
12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
wilford is a big fat no..

the guy is a virginia tech alum, so i have seen him all through college. i can say that this drops thing is not something new.. he had that problem through out college.. in fact, he dropped a wide open 2 point conversion to beat miami several years ago.. it cost tech a good bowl game.. i am sure many of you remember that.

he is also extremely slow. he has a big body and can shield well, but he is just not that guy that i want here..

that last second game winning catch against buffalo a few years ago.. he was a rookie then.. i couldnt believe he actually caught it.. for all the damn balls he has dropped.. that just happened to be the one he caught.

i would definately be ok with drew bennett, but i cant see it happening.

BILLSROCK1212
12-10-2006, 11:05 AM
how about DJ Hackett or Malcolm Floyd who are both ERFAs? both tall both young both not even in their prime yet infact a couple years away from that