PDA

View Full Version : BB.com: Peterson in Buffalo Today

Romes
03-03-2003, 10:54 AM
With all the reports of Spikes supposedly visiting today or Peterson visiting Saturday not being true we finally actually have a verified report of a stud OLB being in Buffalo. On the front page of buffalobills.com it says that Peterson is in Buffalo today.

WG
03-03-2003, 11:01 AM
WOOHOO!!!

U DA MAN Romes!!!

Come on TD!!! Sign the sucker...

Romes
03-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks. Wys :D

You must be really excited I've never seen you use so many Thurmantor esq exclamation marks.

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 11:06 AM
i havent seen wys get so excited in a while.. at least other than while he is complaining :D ... jk wys.. lol

TypicalBill
03-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Dont let him leave empty handed, sign him now!

TedMock
03-03-2003, 11:09 AM
That'd be great. Is there room for him and Spikes if Price is gone? I know neither is a pure pass rusher and they just picked up Posey but I wonder.

clumping platelets
03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Wys excited? :scared:

:ontome:

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Wys excited? :scared:

:ontome:

I hope you are posting with a laptop with wireless internet access. You should be there slashing the limo's tires. If you need help with the driver, let me know. I can easily take care of the part.

Psst Mike32282! You're way bigger than I am you should take the driver easily.

WG
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Sign Peterson, forget Spikes. Spikes won't be reasonably priced. I'd be even more excited to get him. But if the choice is getting him and leaving room for Thornton (or another DT) and Johnstone (or another DE), then let's go w/ Peterson and the "others."

Let's fix this D in spades. We don't need the best at each position. That's where the "N.E. theory" comes into play. You simply need talent.

Sign Peterson, go after Thornton and Johnstone. Then if Marcus Jones and Spoon pan out, all the better. We'll have depth and talent.

But Peterson and Thornton are both possible even w/ Price tagged. The ditch Price and start getting some depth on D, a S, and OL depth.

Michael82
03-03-2003, 11:23 AM
He left St. Louis without a contract. Make it different this time, TD! Don't let him leave! Sign him to a deal right as he gets in! :up:

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2003, 11:23 AM
I agree with Wys! :up:

Sign Peterson and move on to DT.

Michael82
03-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong...I still would prefer Spikes...but if this is our only choice, I won't be complaining. I won't be getting a Peterson jersey anytime tho. I would happily get a Spikes jersey though. :D

MissBuffalo
03-03-2003, 11:30 AM
:clap: Come on Good News!!!!!!

I'd still like to get Spikes, but if we can land Peterson I won't be complaining!

clumping platelets
03-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Johnstone suxs

We don't need any more DE's, we need DT

WG
03-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Scioli then. We need a DE that's primarily a pass rusher for this D. Thornton would provide both run support and pass rush for us thus opening up the ends for some pressure.

Johnstone ain't no Douglas, but he's not as bad as we might think and given a team w/ a D instead of the Vikes, he may be much better as he has some years left. He wouldn't cost a bundle but I'd rather have Scioli. Johnstone may be a bit more affordable.

From our own piece: :D

"Lance Johnstone, Minnesota, UFA, 6’4”, 253: Johnstone is another player who comes in under the radar. He quietly logged 7 sacks and performed decently on a team that allowed the third most points in the league in ’02. His style is predicated on speed around the end that the Bills are looking for. He will be 30 this season and would be a good 3 to 4 year sign. Johnstone should be a great value pick."

He's got 41.5 sacks over 7 seasons (6 avg.) and 37 over the last 5. (7.4 avg.)

He's not great, but if it comes down to him or Ahanotu, I'd take him. He wouldn't cost a bundle so that if Jones pans out, it'd be OK to relegate him to backup duty or duty as a situational player.

Shasta McNasty
03-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Yeah what is this Johnstone talk about?

I like the idea of Thorton and Peterson though.

WG
03-03-2003, 11:52 AM
He's cheap and he's a free agent w/ a history of solid play.

7 sacks last year w/ Minnesota and 11/10 sacks in '98/'99 w/ Oakland.

I discount his numbers at Minnesota since he has no one around him. I figure he'd be a $1.5M sign, just like Posey, except he's actually got some credentials, eh.

With the talent around him he may step up. I certainly think that'd be within the realm of reasonability. Certainly he'd be LOT more excited to play in Buffalo than in Minnesota. But heck, even if he logged only 7 sacks, he'd still be worth a reasonable salary. I'm not saying offer the man $4m/yr.

Again, this is a zero-sum game here. We simply can't sign Spikes, Douglas, Adams, and Peterson. We've got to give somewhere, especially w/ the Price situation.

If you like Ahanotu, you'll like Johnstone even more. He's got a better past performance record and is 3 years younger.

jdbillsfan
03-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Sign Peterson, then cut Posey and Cambell, then sign Spikes. Perfect.

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 12:14 PM
you mean we really cant have Spikes, Peterson, Douglas, and Adams? how come?

:scratch: :mad:

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 12:14 PM
:D

Patrick76777
03-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Wys is the best……I’m not in the mood to argue over your silly statements today. But I will someday.