PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Coaches

YardRat
12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I really like this staff...they've got the team going in the right direction.

2 penalties for the second week in a row.

Solid game plans on both sides of the ball since the break.

Good in-game adjustments (San Diego made the comment after last week's loss that Buffalo did the best job of adjusting out of any team they'd played thus far).

Back-ups are prepared and ready to step in when necessary.

The young guys are really becoming players.

No poor challenges this week.

They have a team that believes in them and what they're doing, and confident that they can compete with anybody and moving in the right direction.

Jauron is looking more and more like the right hire at the right time.

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 07:29 PM
There was one play I wished they'd have challenged..it was called incomplete to Peerless...but he dragged his feet and the ball wasn't being bobbled.
It wound up being the 1st play of a 3 and out

ICE74129
12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I have an issue with the offensive playcalling in the first half. Fairchild went back to 7 step drops and that = sacks.

IF we get better guards this offseason and a better #2 WR and TE...THEN we can do that

YardRat
12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
IMO...it wouldn't have been reversed. Too hard to tell if he actually dragged the second foot.

I'm glad they didn't challenge it.

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
IMO...it wouldn't have been reversed. Too hard to tell if he actually dragged the second foot.

I'm glad they didn't challenge it.
I thought it was pretty clear myself :idunno:

YardRat
12-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I have an issue with the offensive playcalling in the first half. Fairchild went back to 7 step drops and that = sacks.

IF we get better guards this offseason and a better #2 WR and TE...THEN we can do that

JP was only sacked once in the first half, and it was on the roll-out to the right.

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
JP was only sacked once in the first half, and it was on the roll-out to the right.and he could've and should've thrown it away

YardRat
12-10-2006, 07:41 PM
and he could've and should've thrown it away

Phil...I'm shocked...you must be a hater after all :D

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Phil...I'm shocked...you must be a hater after all :D
no...I only give JP blame for his own mistakes (which I've been doing from the start)...so I'm a "licker" according to some

HHURRICANE
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought the Bills were going to lose. The Jets had everything to play for today, especially after the NE loss today. I was expecting a let down by the Bills after the Chargers loss at home. Boy was I wrong and all of the credit goes to Dick Jauron. Any coach that can get a win, on the road, against a playoff hungry team, especially after you are all but eliminated is HUGE!!!!

Best call of the day: Going for the big play on 3rd and 2.

Worst call of the day: Granted Willis decided to put us in 2nd and 15 with the "Cha-cha" calling another running play was a "pussy" move.

Meathead
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
id say 50/50 it would have been reversed. i watched as close as i could and im pretty certain you can see barely see enough white and his toe to make it the indisputable evidence they are looking for but you know how that goes

but it was such a fast play nobody thought it could have been that close so it was a really hard challenge opportunity to catch. jauron has been weak on challenges this year but that one coulda and probably woulda happened to anybody

Meathead
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
and he could've and should've thrown it away
yes defenlly a mistake, i noticed that too, and so did he cuz he mentioned it in the post game

but on the bright side its a smaller mistake than he had been making earlier in the season

he got caught in between looking to pass and deciding to run, by then the rush was closing and im glad he just decided to eat it instead of getting fancy and putting it on the carpet again

trading a bad play for a disaster is sorta growing up actually

Michael82
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I really like this staff...they've got the team going in the right direction.

2 penalties for the second week in a row.

Solid game plans on both sides of the ball since the break.

Good in-game adjustments (San Diego made the comment after last week's loss that Buffalo did the best job of adjusting out of any team they'd played thus far).

Back-ups are prepared and ready to step in when necessary.

The young guys are really becoming players.

No poor challenges this week.

They have a team that believes in them and what they're doing, and confident that they can compete with anybody and moving in the right direction.

Great post! :bf1:

mysticsoto
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
My only question to the coaches would be why was Leonard playing so much in the 1st half? Were they evaluating him for next year?

Mr. Cynical
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM

You're right. I totally agree.

DICK IS DA MAN!!!!!!

YardRat
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
My only question to the coaches would be why was Leonard playing so much in the 1st half? Were they evaluating him for next year?

He replaced Whitner in the starting line-up.

Meathead
12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
when they moved wire to lb leonhard moved up as next in line at safety

i would be interested to know if that means simpson was given more duties in the traditional ss role. jauron has said they are basically interchangeable but i would think simpson would be better when a play called for more run support or covering a te

mysticsoto
12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
when they moved wire to lb leonhard moved up as next in line at safety

i would be interested to know if that means simpson was given more duties in the traditional ss role. jauron has said they are basically interchangeable but i would think simpson would be better when a play called for more run support or covering a te

Though he made like 1 good play, I thought Leonhard was a liability most of the time. We need a better backup at S...what happened to Bowen? I really wish we had kept Baker instead...

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Baker would have been brought back instead of Leonard, but he had been signed by the Vikings.

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 09:02 AM

The 7 step drop also led to a 77 yard TD pass.

Bad play call or not?

And, as was pointed out it did NOT lead to sacks.

mysticsoto
12-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Baker would have been brought back instead of Leonard, but he had been signed by the Vikings.

Why let him go to begin with? At the time, Bowen was still hurt and it was clear we'd need some type of backup. Apparently they understood poorly at the time that Coy Wire, though so far performing decently at LB, is a very poor S!!!

Michael82
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
We had a chance to get him again once he was cut by the Vikings. But they didn't sign him.

Meathead
12-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Though he made like 1 good play, I thought Leonhard was a liability most of the time.
can you recall any specifics because ive watched the first half over and so far havent seen anything

mysticsoto
12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
can you recall any specifics because ive watched the first half over and so far havent seen anything

I just thought he was late to many of the plays...