PDA

View Full Version : Alright all you local Buffalo Bills fans....

Michael82
12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
The team just beat another team that was in the hunt for the playoffs and kicked their asses on the road. They are on a hot streak and have won 3 out of their last 4 games. They are playing our hated rival the Miami Dolphins at 1:00pm on (hopefully) a chilly December afternoon. They are realistically out of the playoffs, but technically if they win, they are still alive. This game should be a blast as both the Bills and Dolphins are hot right now. Come on guys! Get your tickets! Let's sell this game out. :up:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/154/805905?brand=bills

HHURRICANE
12-10-2006, 08:18 PM
The team just beat another team that was in the hunt for the playoffs and kicked their asses on the road. They are on a hot streak and have won 3 out of their last 4 games. They are playing our hated rival the Miami Dolphins at 1:00pm on (hopefully) a chilly December afternoon. They are realistically out of the playoffs, but technically if they win, they are still alive. This game should be a blast as both the Bills and Dolphins are hot right now. Come on guys! Get your tickets! Let's sell this game out. :up:

Uhhh, get your booty moving!! Go Mikey!!

!Papacrunk!
12-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but JAX took away our very miniscule chance we had at the playoffs

SquishDaFish
12-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Ill be there screaming my lungs out! GO BUFFALO!!

Bling
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM
You guys haven't sold out yet? :ill:

Michael82
12-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Ill be there screaming my lungs out! GO BUFFALO!!
Good! You better stop at the BillsZone tailgate. :up:

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I am so firggin pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!

casdhf
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
This game will sell out.

Michael82
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM
This game will sell out.
I have a feeling there will be a bunch of Bills fan and Dolphins fans buying tickets this week and then Ralph or a local company will buy the remaining 3,000 tickets. :pray:

Devin
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
That stadium better be packed for fish week.

Bufftp
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
We have sold out 28 of the last 30.
Miami felons havn't come close.
I like ya kid, don't make me ban ya.

The last buffalo fan
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM

:bf1: :posrep:

Michael82
12-10-2006, 09:39 PM
That stadium better be packed for fish week.
Yeah it better. :pray:

kinigirly
12-10-2006, 09:46 PM
if i wasn't coming home 5 days after the game i would take a sick day this weekend and drive up for it :mad:

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2006, 09:48 PM
This better sell out. If Bills fans consider themselves the best in the NFL, the game against the biggest rival damn well better sell out.

Dozerdog
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
if i wasn't coming home 5 days after the game i would take a sick day this weekend and drive up for it :mad:

Weak

LoG & I are leaving Sat nite and will be back Sunday night. You have an open invite to tag along.

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I am sure she wants to ride in a car with the two of you.

kinigirly
12-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Weak

LoG & I are leaving Sat nite and will be back Sunday night. You have an open invite to tag along.

GFY!!

kinigirly
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I am sure she wants to ride in a car with the two of you.

lol especially after i voted for devin in both tournaments. he might try to stab me with the sword of destiny and bury me in utica

Devin
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM
lol especially after i voted for devin in both tournaments. he might try to stab me with the sword of destiny and bury me in utica

:rofl:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM

:shakeno: there's like 7,000 Tix remaining this as of last Wed. It's gotta all do with another Hot team in Buffalo the Sabres. :hockey:

im4bflo
12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
It's SQUISH the FISH week, 'nuff said...
It'll sell out, after the Jet beating, we've got the taste for more blood!
:lolpoint::squish:

SABuffalo786
12-10-2006, 10:42 PM
I'll be in the Rockpile!

I've fulfilled my "Go to 1/4th of all Bills home games" quota for the year.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2006, 10:44 PM

banning should be banned. :down:

mybills
12-11-2006, 08:02 AM
:roflmao:

mysticsoto
12-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I heard on WGR this morning that there were still 6800 tickets left. They couldn't even be optimistic about it and say it may sell - they just point blank said it looks like another blacked out game for Buffalo... :ill:

Michael82
12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
This better sell out. If Bills fans consider themselves the best in the NFL, the game against the biggest rival damn well better sell out.
EXACTLY! :bf1:

justasportsfan
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
It's winter. The snowbirds have moved to Fla. and others have moved out permanently.

Michael82
12-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I heard on WGR this morning that there were still 6800 tickets left. They couldn't even be optimistic about it and say it may sell - they just point blank said it looks like another blacked out game for Buffalo... :ill:
uhh, they said that there was 6,800 tickets left as of Friday. Who knows what has been sold since then.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Channel 2 news just said 6,400 tix remain, deadline is Thurs. 1:00 for the blackout to be lifted doesn't look like it's going be on TV. :down:

THATHURMANATOR
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Just do it!

THATHURMANATOR
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Is Stampy going to this game?

Michael82
12-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Channel 2 news just said 6,400 tix remain, deadline is Thurs. 1:00 for the blackout to be lifted doesn't look like it's going be on TV. :down:
What the **** is wrong with the people in Western NY? Why can't they sell out the ****ing games, especially against their biggest rival and a game that means a lot? :mad:

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:04 AM
if i wasn't coming home 5 days after the game i would take a sick day this weekend and drive up for it :mad::bs:

Historian
12-12-2006, 08:07 AM
If it sells down to a managable number, like 2000, Ralph will buy the remainder and donate them to local charities, as a holiday gift.

But the number has to be reasonable.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:07 AM
lol especially after i voted for devin in both tournaments. he might try to stab me with the sword of destiny and bury me in uticaAt least go with Rome...I lived there 2 years and it's only 15 more minutes from Utica:up:

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 08:10 AM
If it sells down to a managable number, like 2000, Ralph will buy the remainder and donate them to local charities, as a holiday gift.

But the number has to be reasonable.

Yep. He has done that many times in the past.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:15 AM
has he Doc or was that sarcasm:idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 08:18 AM
He has many times

Michael82
12-12-2006, 08:20 AM
He has many times
so has some local businesses. :up:

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 08:24 AM
has he Doc or was that sarcasm:idunno:

No. Ralph does that almost every year He buys a bunch of tickets and gives them to places like Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the YMCA, etc. so the poor kids can go the games. I sat next some of the kids one year and it was great. Seeing the joy on their faces was worth the price of admission alone.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:28 AM
:up:

Historian
12-12-2006, 08:49 AM
My guess is that they don't do that in Florida because the whole state is basically one big trailer park.

There simply aren't enough tickets to go around.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 09:04 AM
they do it quite often Dave. Boy you are a pain in the ass Fin week aren't ya

Historian
12-12-2006, 09:11 AM
How do you say, The Fish Suck in Cuban?

Where's TLBF when you need him?

:tap:

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Damn Mexican

Historian
12-12-2006, 09:22 AM
"Why don't you boys go suck some fish eggs?" -Clint Eastwood, Sudden Impact.

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM

Fin week?

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I refuse to use an improper analogy such as you guys do

Michael82
12-12-2006, 02:40 PM
If anyone wants to know why the team leaves Buffalo, you can blame all the cheap local people who didn't support their team, even when they are playing their best football in a while. And it's against a hated rival.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh and I guarantee that we will lose one of our home games next year because of how pathetic people are. The NFL will use the last 4 games being blacked out as a reason to move one home game, saying that we didn't support the team and were the only team that couldn't sell out. I was right....people are spending too much ****ing money on the Sabres merchandise and tickets and forgetting about the other team, the Buffalo Bills. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I refuse to use an improper analogy such as you guys do

My point was that he is a PITA all of the time.

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
just wait til Sunday :snicker:

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Oh. Thought you were commenting on me using "Fin week" instead of the ever popular "Fish Week"

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
just wait til Sunday :snicker::scratch: So can I expect him to actually show up at the airport Saturday :idunno:

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
:scratch: So can I expect him to actually show up at the airport Saturday :idunno:
:idunno: I'm just talking about at the tailgate...assuming he's coming...he hasn't verified anything yet

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh and I guarantee that we will lose one of our home games next year because of how pathetic people are. The NFL will use the last 4 games being blacked out as a reason to move one home game, saying that we didn't support the team and were the only team that couldn't sell out. I was right....people are spending too much ****ing money on the Sabres merchandise and tickets and forgetting about the other team, the Buffalo Bills. :ill:
and I suppose that you feel it is justified to spend money on a ticket for a team that has sucked for 7 years when it is christmas time and you need all the extra money you have for presents and still pay the mortgage and car payments..... Oh wait you still live with your parents don't you? If the team had shown anything early people would have found a way to get a ticket but they didnt' and it is catching up to them. If we finish strong and make good offseason moves the buzz will be back next season and sell outs will not be a problem. Not to mention the fact that this particular game will be a near sell out and have more fans in the seats than most other teams in the league.

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
What annoys me Thurm are the people who say they have no money and go the bar and blow 50-70 bucks at the bar and complain about the lack of a sellout.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM

BAN HIM NOW DAMMIT!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
What annoys me Thurm are the people who say they have no money and go the bar and blow 50-70 bucks at the bar and complain about the lack of a sellout.
That doesn't annoy me because we have been supporting a crap team for too long. We need to make the playoffs and problem solved. Not this season of course but next year.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
That's what bothers me. And so does going to the mall or a Sabres game and seeing people lining up to load up on Sabres gear. You could get that anytime. These games are being missed by the local fans because people are too cheap to pay for tickets or are bandwagon fans. :ill:

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
That doesn't annoy me because we have been supporting a crap team for too long. We need to make the playoffs and problem solved. Not this season of course but next year.
The point he's making is all that money they blow at the bar...they could use that money to buy a ticket and tailgate pregame before going into the game

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:22 PM
That's what bothers me. And so does going to the mall or a Sabres game and seeing people lining up to load up on Sabres gear. You could get that anytime. These games are being missed by the local fans because people are too cheap to pay for tickets or are bandwagon fans. :ill:
You are getting ridiculous Mike the Sabres are playing maybe the best hockey in the history of the franchise and they have energized the city, and they have new uniforms that people want to get. Don't you remember when the bills got new unis and people were waiting in line for those? Did you complain then that people should have been buying Sabres gear/tickets when that team was only selling 12k a game at that point and time and were closer to leaving the city than the Bills have ever come? You talk out your ass sometimes with your over reactions...

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
The point he's making is all that money they blow at the bar...they could use that money to buy a ticket and tailgate pregame before going into the game
Hey you are preaching to the choir here man but some people don't like going to games. I have a couple buddies that like to watch it at a bar/on tv at home rather than going to the game. It is personal preference. If the team is doing real well those 2 dudes tend to go to some games.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
exactly! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't you dare skip over my schooling of you above Mike!

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey you are preaching to the choir here man but some people don't like going to games. I have a couple buddies that like to watch it at a bar/on tv at home rather than going to the game. It is personal preference. If the team is doing real well those 2 dudes tend to go to some games.
I just can't understand that myself. Watching it at home doesn't come close to the gameday experience...tailgating...being a part of the game (I was part of the crowd that helped cause Steve Young to line up under the guard and caused a lot of false start penalties). Being part of the 12th man is far superior to watching on TV, IMO

Patrick76777
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM

Better chance of getting laid at a bar.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I just can't understand that myself. Watching it at home doesn't come close to the gameday experience...tailgating...being a part of the game (I was part of the crowd that helped cause Steve Young to line up under the guard and caused a lot of false start penalties). Being part of the 12th man is far superior to watching on TV, IMO
Well Phil since I am not those persons I can't give you insight into their internal feelings...

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Don't you dare skip over my schooling of you above Mike!
schooling? :rofl:

You couldn't school a kindergarden student.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Better chance of getting laid at a bar.
That is a great point that I hadn't thought of!! Those dudes definitly roll to the bars with a bunch of women so that must play a huge roll in their decision.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
schooling? :rofl:

You couldn't school a kindergarden student.
So reply to them with your over reactive RUBBISH then. That is if your parents arent needing to use the computer... :ill:

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:31 PM
You are getting ridiculous Mike the Sabres are playing maybe the best hockey in the history of the franchise and they have energized the city, and they have new uniforms that people want to get. Don't you remember when the bills got new unis and people were waiting in line for those? Did you complain then that people should have been buying Sabres gear/tickets when that team was only selling 12k a game at that point and time and were closer to leaving the city than the Bills have ever come? You talk out your ass sometimes with your over reactions...

I'd understand if the Bills had 2 or 3 wins and looked like ****. But they have won 3 out of the last 4 games and are one of the hotter teams in the NFL. Their offense is finally starting to do something and their team looks better than it has in a few years. Bills fans should be lining up at the Ralph to get tickets. But they don't because they are blowing their money on Sabres stuff and not even thinking about the Bills. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
Especially this one Mike. You have no comeback for this.

The_Philster
Well Phil since I am not those persons I can't give you insight into their internal feelings...
Why not!!??

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:33 PM
So reply to them with your over reactive RUBBISH then. That is if your parents arent needing to use the computer... :ill:
My dad isn't home, so he doesn't need to use the computer right now. He's at work.

My computer is still dead right now. I just ordered a new motherboard and processor right now. Hopefully it will be here by the weekend, so I can build my new computer. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd understand if the Bills had 2 or 3 wins and looked like ****. But they have won 3 out of the last 4 games and are one of the hotter teams in the NFL. Their offense is finally starting to do something and their team looks better than it has in a few years. Bills fans should be lining up at the Ralph to get tickets. But they don't because they are blowing their money on Sabres stuff and not even thinking about the Bills. :ill:
You didn't even answer my point. Where you calling out people for not supporting the Sabres when the Bills new unis came out a couple years back???

Plus you are showing you don't understand quite a few things. For the December games to sell out the ticket sales need to start early in the year as more people don't like going to cold weather games than the warm ones. Since the team has stunk it up the last couple years and especially started very slowly again this year the sales slowed as people thought to themselves... HMMM why should I sit out in the freezing weather to watch a losing team that has no chance AGAIN this year. It makes perfect sense mike.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
You didn't even answer my point. Where you calling out people for not supporting the Sabres when the Bills new unis came out a couple years back???

Plus you are showing you don't understand quite a few things. For the December games to sell out the ticket sales need to start early in the year as more people don't like going to cold weather games than the warm ones. Since the team has stunk it up the last couple years and especially started very slowly again this year the sales slowed as people thought to themselves... HMMM why should I sit out in the freezing weather to watch a losing team that has no chance AGAIN this year. It makes perfect sense mike.
so basically we got more fairweather fans that we are willing to admit?

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I guess. We have a SOLID 60k that is there every week so that isn't to bad IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Plus you still haven't answered my question.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I guess. We have a SOLID 60k that is there every week so that isn't to bad IMO.
I agree. Once we get a new stadium, we'll have no problem selling out all the games before the season, if we shrink the stadium down to 65,000 seats.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't think there would be any problems, keep in mind that a new stadium would equal much higher ticket prices. I really don't think the revenue is in the individual seats as much as luxury boxes anyways so this could be a moot point.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't think there would be any problems, keep in mind that a new stadium would equal much higher ticket prices. I really don't think the revenue is in the individual seats as much as luxury boxes anyways so this could be a moot point.
I'd have no problem paying $500 for seasons, if it guaranteed that they were going to stay and we'd have a new state of the art stadium. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I'd have no problem paying $500 for seasons, if it guaranteed that they were going to stay and we'd have a new state of the art stadium. :up:
Neither would I but we would probably be looking more like 650-700 for the cheapest seats, at least, which I still don't have a problem with

HHURRICANE
12-12-2006, 04:06 PM
We need a new stadium. The biggest issue, unfortunately, is that NY State sucks. They are the anti-business. Alot of the problems stem from the corrupt local government and the crappy state governmnet.

Historian
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
We need a new stadium. The biggest issue, unfortunately, is that NY State sucks. They are the anti-business.

Luckily, they are Pro-Bills though...

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM
We need a new stadium. not really...just some improvements

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
not really...just some improvements
No really. I love the Ralph but hasn't this all been said 100 times by now.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Luckily, they are Pro-Bills though...

Actions speak louder than words. NY State has really helped with Buffalo's revitlization?! I'm kind of sick of the lip service. When Buffalo stops paying for NYC than maybe I'll have a different feeling.

I'm stuck in Atlanta because NY makes it impossible for me to have the same successful business there!

Michael82
12-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Neither would I but we would probably be looking more like 650-700 for the cheapest seats, at least, which I still don't have a problem with
I don't either, but it will hurt a bit.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Eh not that much really.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:23 AM
MUST SELL OUT GAME!

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
You going?

justasportsfan
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
We need a new stadium. The biggest issue, unfortunately, is that NY State sucks. They are the anti-business. Alot of the problems stem from the corrupt local government and the crappy state governmnet.
:up:

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:27 AM
I agree. Once we get a new stadium, we'll have no problem selling out all the games before the season, if we shrink the stadium down to 65,000 seats.
I kind of like what Dallas is doing with its new stadium. It will initially be 85,000 seats but can be expanded to over 100,000 in the future if need be. I think if Buffalo does build a new stadium we should so something similar to that.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Why more seats man? That makes no sense for us.

justasportsfan
12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
I kind of like what Dallas is doing with its new stadium. It will initially be 85,000 seats but can be expanded to over 100,000 in the future if need be. I think if Buffalo does build a new stadium we should so something similar to that.
:down:

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
:down:
What's wrong with that?

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
It makes no sense.

justasportsfan
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
What's wrong with that?
we can't even sell out seats with low ticket prices and you want us to increase seats nos in a new stadium which will increase ticket prices?

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:51 AM
It makes no sense.
Why? Dallas is a freaking economic empire that just keeps growing and growing. They have absolutely no problems selling out any games, if the area keeps growing they want to be ready by having the ability to add seats. I think its brilliant.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
we can't even sell out seats with low ticket prices and you want us to increase seats nos in a new stadium which will increase ticket prices?
I did not say increase the seats I simply think that we should have the ability to. What if Buffalo takes off in the next ten years? It wouldnt hurt to have the extra room to add on. I dont mean increase them initially, miscommunication I guess.

raphael120
12-13-2006, 10:58 AM
theyre adding more luxury suites with the money they got from the state, which should add a little bit, but buffalo will always be on the bad end of the deal...i really think we're going to be playoff ready next year, and if not, then definitly the year after, this team is doing all the right things so far and if JP pans out and we get the right players in the draft, we will only be better next year.

think of what a playoff berth, or even a super bowl run will turn the bills into? you won't hear any "moving to cali" crap if we go to the playoffs or super bowl.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Winning cures all.