PDA

View Full Version : I predict 2 Bills in the Pro Bowl

Bling
12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Lee Evans and Brian Moorman.

Pretty impressive year. When was the last time you could say you actually put up as many as the Fish will have? (Taylor and Thomas).

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
We had 2 last year....and if I'm not mistaken, 3 the year before
Nate, TMac, and TKO

Crisis
12-10-2006, 08:30 PM
All those probowlers and zero results.

Michael82
12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
It should be Brian Moorman, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, and Lee Evans. :mad:

Bling
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
All those probowlers and zero results.

Good point. Add another one, re-sign a former one, get some fat asses on the O-line and this could be the difference between playoffs and not playoffs. Open the checkbook, Mr. Wilson!

YardRat
12-10-2006, 08:33 PM
If Moorman goes, so will Schenk. That makes three :D

And...

In 2005, the Bills sent four (McGee, Adams, Spikes, and Clements) and the fins only sent one (Taylor).

The_Philster
12-10-2006, 08:33 PM
If Moorman goes, so will Schenk. That makes three :D

And...

In 2005, the Bills sent four (McGee, Adams, Spikes, and Clements) and the fins only sent one (Taylor).
I forgot Big Sam :doh:

Bling
12-10-2006, 08:34 PM
We had 2 last year....and if I'm not mistaken, 3 the year before
Nate, TMac, and TKO

All I know is I'm kicking myself right now. I've wanted Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and Joey Harrington. The one guy I get turns out to be complete ****.

Ingtar33
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
since Schobel leads the league in sacks with 3 games remaining... (12.5 sacks, career year), he's got an outside shot. but i doubt he'll go... DE is one of those positions where the probowl spaces go to the names, not the numbers.

That's why Freeney will be in Hawaii with his impressive 2.5 sacks.

Devin
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
If Schobel doesnt get in it will be a travesty.

Bling
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
since Schobel leads the league in sacks with 3 games remaining... (12.5 sacks, career year), he's got an outside shot. but i doubt he'll go... DE is one of those positions where the probowl spaces go to the names, not the numbers.

I was unaware of that number, but if he's leading the league over Merriman and Taylor, no doubt he gets in.

YardRat
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm betting Schobel gets snubbed, unless he manages to get up around 20 before the end of the year...which is pretty unlikely.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2006, 08:58 PM

I wouldnt doubt it the way the NFL works, with us getting shafted in every way possible here in small market Buffalo. However, if Freeney beats out Schobel, I will give up all hope in humanity...unless Freeney miraculously comes up with a different move and starts getting sacks at a record pace over the last 3 weeks.

Lexwhat
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
It should be Brian Moorman, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, and Lee Evans. :mad:

Do punt returners get a spot in the pro bowl? If so, add Roscoe Parrish to that list...

Lee Evans
London Fletcher
Aaron Schoebel
-------------------------------------
Mike Schenek - Special Teams "LS"
Brian Moorman - Special Teams "P"
Roscoe Parrish - Special Teams "PR"
Terrence McGee? - Special Teams "KR", Possibly based on name

Hahaha, at least we have a strangle-hold on special teams positions.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Do punt returners get a spot in the pro bowl? If so, add Roscoe Parrish to that list...

Lee Evans
London Fletcher
Aaron Schoebel
-------------------------------------
Mike Schenek - Special Teams "LS"
Brian Moorman - Special Teams "P"
Roscoe Parrish - Special Teams "PR"
Terrence McGee? - Special Teams "KR", Possibly based on name

Hahaha, at least we have a strangle-hold on special teams positions.

Ya, Fletcher was on the sidelines on TV listing the players he wanted in the pro bowl, including himself, and he said Roscoe Parrish first...

lets go Roscoe!!

BAM
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Schobel, Fletcher, Moorman, Evans possibly, Parrish possibly, Clements possibly

McGahee, Losman probably not. :D

gr8slayer
12-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I wish I could say I agree but you have to think we will get ****ed again just like every year.

Crisis
12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Good point. Add another one, re-sign a former one, get some fat asses on the O-line and this could be the difference between playoffs and not playoffs. Open the checkbook, Mr. Wilson!

I was talking about a team that wears teal and orange.

Bling
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I was talking about a team that wears teal and orange.

I knew.

RedEyE
12-11-2006, 02:15 AM
London Fletcher-Baker is having an amazing season and is coming up almost 6th in the voters polls thus far.

It's a popularity contest and "fans" vote for the names they hear televised the most. Thanks to *******s like John Madden and all the clowns at ESPN.

jamze132
12-11-2006, 05:18 AM
London Fletcher-Baker is having an amazing season and is coming up almost 6th in the voters polls thus far.

It's a popularity contest and "fans" vote for the names they hear televised the most. Thanks to *******s like John Madden and all the clowns at ESPN.
It's the same thing in baseball. The respective commisioners from each league think it's a good idea to "get the fans involved". I think it's gay since you have little cyber nerds voting for Dwight Freeny and Derek Jeter over and over again.

Historian
12-11-2006, 05:26 AM
Fletcher and Evans will make it.

Schobel will be an alternate.

SABURZFAN
12-11-2006, 06:38 AM
i like fletcher and schobel's chances.they're having great seasons.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Schobel does not rank ahead of Jason Taylor this season. He has one more sack than Taylor but trails in these other categories:

- tackles
- forced fumbles
- TDs
- Interceptions
- passes defensed

Jason Taylor has been a monster this year and is leading the 3rd ranked defense. He has EIGHT forced fumbles and two ints.

Unfortunately for Schobel, he plays in the same division as the best DE in the NFL. No starting in the Probowl until Taylor retires.

Slim
12-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Schobel does not rank ahead of Jason Taylor this season. He has one more sack than Taylor but trails in these other categories:

- tackles
- forced fumbles
- TDs
- Interceptions
- passes defensed

Jason Taylor has been a monster this year and is leading the 3rd ranked defense. He has EIGHT forced fumbles and two ints.

Unfortunately for Schobel, he plays in the same division as the best DE in the NFL. No starting in the Probowl until Taylor retires.

Schobel doesnt drop back in pass coverage as often as Taylor, so naturally he won't have as many ints'td's and passes defensed... Taylor is a de/lb.

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Actually most of his passed defensed were at the line or in the backfield. 1 INT for a TD he dropped into coverage and other INT for a TD he jumped out from behind the guy blocking him and snagged it. 8 forced fumbles as well. He is having a great year as is Schobel

FinFaninBuffalo
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Schobel doesnt drop back in pass coverage as often as Taylor, so naturally he won't have as many ints'td's and passes defensed... Taylor is a de/lb.

Well that would make Taylor's 11.5 sacks more impressive. It's the 8 forced fumbles that really caught my attention.

Ingtar33
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
um... Taylor is playing LB this year.

jamze132
12-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Um.... Jason Taylor is a DE, and a good one at that. I can sit hear and slam the Dolphins all day but when the topic of Jason Taylor comes up, I will STFU. He's a beast.

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Taylor is having a better season than Schobel.

Fletcher is having a better season than Thomas, but the NFL media is in love with Thomas.

Schobel might be the other starting DE, alongside Taylor.

And fans should never vote for all-star games. It is a moronic idea.

TigerJ
12-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Pro Bowl selection is a sham. Fans don't decerve a voice in the selection process because they don't do any objective analysis of players. Two things determine the fan vote: name recognition and team loyalty. Fletcher and Schobel are every bit as deserving as Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor, and Schobel is much more deserving than Dwight Freeney. The odds are they won't make it except as alternates.