PDA

View Full Version : i have to give credit to TD

Tatonka
12-11-2006, 12:18 AM
getting schobel signed long term..

getting crowell locked down..

picking evans, mcgahee, and losman.

helping get jason peters.. clements.. mcgee..

setting up alot of the good coaches that made it through to DJ.

TD made a lot of bad mistakes.. but he walked away from bledsoe and set this team to win. i am not saying we need him now.. but his hand print is all over this team and he did some very good things.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2006, 12:25 AM
5 years, 31-49 record, not one playoff game.

TD sucked.

Billz_fan
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
He did some good things, I just didn't like the order he did them in I guess. He had me scratching my head sometimes (Roscoe, Willis) but they werent bad picks.

I am not overly impressed with Willis, he still dances/jukes to much behind the line IMO.

But yeah I agree overall. He got some quality players in here :up:

I think Lee Evans may turn out best.

Mudflap1
12-11-2006, 12:30 AM
5 years, 31-59 record.

TD sucked.

That's exactly right. For gosh sakes, this guy was the GM and President for YEARS for this franchise and the team couldn't win. I would hope in his tenure here he did SOMETHING right, like draft a couple of guys that are worth something and sign a couple of guys so they are on the roster. He doesn't get an extra credit for that. That is doing his job, and he didn't do enough of those things, along with having bad taste in head coaching candidates.

Jon

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2006, 12:32 AM
That's exactly right. For gosh sakes, this guy was the GM and President for YEARS for this franchise and the team couldn't win. I would hope in his tenure here he did SOMETHING right, like draft a couple of guys that are worth something and sign a couple of guys so they are on the roster. He doesn't get an extra credit for that. That is doing his job, and he didn't do enough of those things, along with having bad taste in head coaching candidates.

Jon

Yep. The phrase "even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually" comes to mind when looking at the few good draft choices he made.

Ebenezer
12-11-2006, 12:33 AM

TD made a lot of bad mistakes.. but he walked away from bledsoe and set this team to win. i am not saying we need him now.. but his hand print is all over this team and he did some very good things.
on the field...got to give him credit for Fletcher too...but other than Schobel and Peters he shopped down the discount aisles to fix/repair/improve the OL and DL - this is ultimately what did the team in.

of the field...he did a great job to manage the team and the budget but his handling of the fans was terrible - this is ultimately what did him in.

Tatonka
12-11-2006, 12:35 AM
like i said.. i dont want him back.. i am glad he is gone..

but my point is.. alot of the good players that are here are his guys.. they just didnt help fast enough to save him.. and he made the mistake of bringing in bledsoe, which cost us years.

Billz_fan
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Who is this Bledsoe you speak of ?

:D

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Who is this Bledsoe you speak of ?

:D

Just look on the BENCH in Dallas. He's the one with the s*** eating grin on his face for conning yet another team into giving him millions when he should have gotten hundreds.

YardRat
12-11-2006, 05:27 AM
I give Hank Bullough credit for putting Jim Kelly in as the starter from day one.

Historian
12-11-2006, 05:39 AM
I give Hank Bullough credit for putting Jim Kelly in as the starter from day one.

:rofl:

And Kay Stevenson for drafting him, lol!

Yasgur's Farm
12-11-2006, 06:28 AM

TD made a lot of bad mistakes.. but he walked away from bledsoe and set this team to win. i am not saying we need him now.. but his hand print is all over this team and he did some very good things.Good points.

I think the Levy era extended Crowell.

don137
12-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Like I said previously. Being here as long as he was he better of done a few things right. 2 day one picks on the OL during his regime is not acceptable. Those players are not even on the team. Unfortunately he did more harm than good.

Michael82
12-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Just look on the BENCH in Dallas. He's the one with the s*** eating grin on his face for conning yet another team into giving him millions when he should have gotten hundreds.
and according to ESPN, he's not even practicing that hard or even trying in Dallass right now. They said that he's basically staying away and is pissing and moaning about the whole Romo thing.

G. Host
12-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Donahoe was not as bad as picking as Cleveland was. That is about all the credit he deserves. He also was the one who made some real blunders like spending a first round for Willis when we aleady had a good RB, overpaid to trade for QB, etc.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
the overpaid for QB trade part remains to be seen.

If he gets us to a superbowl and wins it for us, he was a steal for us.