X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Losman's performance yesterday

Actually was so-so in my eye. He was certainly off early on and didn't read the two plays (when he took the sacks) as well as he did in the loss against San Diego: I think he was looking to scramble there.

That said, however, he still did enough damage against the Jets and contributed a great deal to the win. That's a sign of growth. I have watched him since he's drafted by the Bills. He would started off great and turned cold (such as Miami game last year), or he would be cold from the get-go (too many to count). Now he is managed to put the team in a position to win dispite not being at his best.

Losman to Evans for a long TD will become a signature of his career. It wasn't the best throw Losman had (too close to the sideline), but it worked. Evans is fast becoming the best long route runner and Losman is a perfect QB for that. I read on this forum someone questioning whether Losman is a game manager. Right there, on 3rd and 2 where he threw a bomb for 77 yards, tells you everything about him. A game manager would take the surest way to convert the 3rd down (something like a 3 yard pass like Holcomb would do). A gun slinger would do exactly what Losman did, like we've seen from Favre for so many years.

The key for a good gun slinger is to know when to take his shots. And I'm encouraged to see the real growth in that department from Losman: the Texans and Jaguars game were proof that he started to understand how to manage his big play capability.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Losman's performance yesterday

The key for a good gun slinger is to know when to take his shots. And I'm encouraged to see the real growth in that department from Losman: the Texans and Jaguars game were proof that he started to understand how to manage his big play capability.
    That's a great point. It appears he's starting to get a feel for the game, which is very encouraging.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Lee-83
      Pro Bowl Bound
      • Oct 2006

Jp's Raw

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

He seemed to be just a little off in a few of his throws, and took one or two bad sacks, but like ghz said, he made the big play and he also protected the ball well.

For the last two years, this team has supposedly been set up to take pressure off of Losman. Since every other element was working yesterday, Losman got to play his game and showed what he can do.

Despite losing to San Diego, the last few games have been fun to watch- it's like a real NFL offense in Buffalo for the first time in almost a decade.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          He seemed to be just a little off in a few of his throws, and took one or two bad sacks, but like ghz said, he made the big play and he also protected the ball well.

For the last two years, this team has supposedly been set up to take pressure off of Losman. Since every other element was working yesterday, Losman got to play his game and showed what he can do.

Despite losing to San Diego, the last few games have been fun to watch- it's like a real NFL offense in Buffalo for the first time in almost a decade.
          Welcome back, Sir.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Are you kidding me? Yeah he took a bad sack and had 2 or 3 bad throws. He had a 140 passer rating. The best you can have is 150!!!

Let's be realistic here. Geez!! He had a 2TD's, completed 66% of his passes and had no turnovers. What do people want around here?!

Sorry, but a stupid thing to say he had a "so-so" game.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Right on!!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Are you kidding me? Yeah he took a bad sack and had 2 or 3 bad throws. He had a 140 passer rating. The best you can have is 150!!!

Let's be realistic here. Geez!! He had a 2TD's, completed 66% of his passes and had no turnovers. What do people want around here?!

Sorry, but a stupid thing to say he had a "so-so" game.
                Look at the game closely, pal. And I'm not kidding you. His completions, especially at the beginning of the game, were a bit off. A lot of it were high. If you ask him personally, I think he would tell you he had a so-so game.

The thing is we need to win these games when our QB is so-and-so. It's mark of consistency. In the big picture, I don't expect a QB to have career day every game. I expect a lot of solid so-so games. In the small picture, even so-so games have peak and valley. We need our QB to have good moments at critical times. Losman did that yesterday. When the Jets gave you a big blown coverage, he made them pay. When the Jets fumbled in their end, again he made them pay.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

There's just no way to spin yesterday in any negative way. He made no more mistakes than any typical QB does, and he made some VETERAN plays.

And here's a fast fact: Yesterday was Losman's fourth game with no picks or fumbles. Among QBs who have played most or all of their team's games, only four have more such games -- Brees, P. Manning, Rivers and Carr. (Bulger also has four and plays tonight). Brady has one.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                    There's just no way to spin yesterday in any negative way. He made no more mistakes than any typical QB does, and he made some VETERAN plays.

And here's a fast fact: Yesterday was Losman's fourth game with no picks or fumbles. Among QBs who have played most or all of their team's games, only four have more such games -- Brees, P. Manning, Rivers and Carr. (Bulger also has four and plays tonight). Brady has one.
                    Thank you. I think people need to pull out the tape of Jim Kelly playing here. People act like he never made a mistake or had a bad throw. Every QB, every week has bad throws. I watched Matt Leinart throw 3 balls that should have been picks that turned into catches because of what Fitzgerald did to catch the ball.

I'm not saying JP is HOF material here. But when he has a day like yesterday and I here "so-so" I have to start wondering what people are expecting?!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                      Look at the game closely, pal. And I'm not kidding you. His completions, especially at the beginning of the game, were a bit off. A lot of it were high. If you ask him personally, I think he would tell you he had a so-so game.
                      I'm sure I watch the games closer than you. He threw a bunch of high passes and the TD pass to Royal wasn't exactly perfect. SO WHAT?! Is this gymnastics or figure skating?! I believe he completed 67% of his passes and had no turnovers. When did the league start giving style points?

People around here crack me up. JP delivers and people ***** about he how he gave it to you. GEEZ.

Just for the record, JP and Tom Brady, this season, have the exact same QB rating. FYI.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

I couldn't agree more. That's what I'm excited about. For the first time in a long while I don't have that feeling of impending ineptitude whenever our offense takes the field.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

He showed me alot once again, damn it felt good to see this game, only 3rd. game I've seen all season....but what a game to watch....I no longer question our QB situation, and would be a fool if I did...,,Just watching highlights!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

The thing is we need to win these games when our QB is so-and-so. It's mark of consistency. In the big picture, I don't expect a QB to have career day every game. I expect a lot of solid so-so games. In the small picture, even so-so games have peak and valley. We need our QB to have good moments at critical times. Losman did that yesterday. When the Jets gave you a big blown coverage, he made them pay. When the Jets fumbled in their end, again he made them pay.
                            I think HH's point is that NO QB plays perfect every game. Nor is it a requirement for our QB to play any better than what we have today to go to the dance. Yes, thats my opinion. Yesterday, was proof that when we play as a team, have a productive ground game, stop the run, and have a + turnover ratio, we will win games.

My point is that early, it would not have mattered who was QB, we would have lost many if not all of those games, but JP contributed to them.

Yesterday, it did not matter who we had at QB (provided they were at least quality starter caliper), we would have won. But, JP contributed to the win.

JP is one player. We have signs that he can win a game for us when nothing else works, Jax, Houston. But, he is only human and will also play so so.

The critical point is that our TEAM needs to be good enough talent wise, and then play strong as a team in all phases to be a playoff contender.

No, JP didnt throw 3 or 4 TD's and for 300+ yards. But I dont require that personally, thats a nice to have not a have to have. Our team played well enough to win and thats more important.

The team, and staff is 100% behind JP with no signs of backing away from him. He is continuing to get better just by playing. Those 300 yard games will come with more weapons, improved o-line play.

Im perfectly happy with where we are. If we continue to play tougher and tougher we are going places and thats all I wanted.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

He gets better every week, what else can we ask for?

Comment

Working...
                              X