PDA

View Full Version : It felt dirty rooting for the Fish...

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 08:19 AM
but, man, was it fun to watch NE get shut out yesterday. After his final fumble, the cameraman got a great shot of Brady looking like he was about to cry. I really hope that team completely chokes, gets a low seed, and loses in the first round of the playoffs. I'd love to see them get pounded at home by the AFC 5th or 6th seed.

mysticsoto
12-11-2006, 08:21 AM
but, man, was it fun to watch NE get shut out yesterday. After his final fumble, the cameraman got a great shot of Brady looking like he was about to cry. I really hope that team completely chokes, gets a low seed, and loses in the first round of the playoffs. I'd love to see them get pounded at home by the AFC 5th or 6th seed.

I still couldn't root for the fish. I was hoping they'd both hurt and kill each other...

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 08:24 AM
:mad:

ICE74129
12-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Brady is too busy trying to file lawsuits he won't win to actually think about football

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Brady is too busy trying to file lawsuits he won't win to actually think about football

he's probably trying to sue CBS for that shot of him after the fumble- they didn't pay him rights to his image before embarrassing him on national TV.

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I still couldn't root for the fish. I was hoping they'd both hurt and kill each other...

my hatred for the Pats has reached the point where I can let some things slide. It was a bipolar experience to say the least- I loved watching the Pats get pounded, but then they'd show the Fins celebrating and I'd feel a little sick to my stomach.

Historian
12-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Sorry OP....it's never fashionable to root for the fish.

Even when they shut out the Pansies.

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 08:54 AM

I was rooting against the Patriots- unfortunately they were playing the Fish- so it's hard to root against them without technically rooting "for" the Fish.

Conversely- rooting against the Fish would have meant rooting FOR the Pats- AFCE games where the Bills don't play are quite the paradox.

Elminster
12-11-2006, 09:56 AM
When I was the score, I was like "Cool...the Pats got stomped....by the Carp." I honestly feel good and bad about it...

Saratoga Slim
12-11-2006, 10:00 AM

you have just exemplified why your position as official billszone historian is a necessary one. those who do not remember Brian Cox spitting on Bills fans are doomed to see it repeated.

Here's my advice: when watching the Dolphins play the Patriots, change the channel.

mybills
12-11-2006, 10:02 AM
I was rooting against the Patriots- unfortunately they were playing the Fish- so it's hard to root against them without technically rooting "for" the Fish.

Conversely- rooting against the Fish would have meant rooting FOR the Pats- AFCE games where the Bills don't play are quite the paradox.

I completely understand, and feel the same way! It doesn't matter to me who shuts out the Pats, as long as I get to enjoy seeing them get shut out!

no offense, NE39. :snicker:

MikeInRoch
12-11-2006, 10:03 AM
I have a newspaper article that is from three Miami papers combined from after that playoff game. One of them said it was appropriate for Cox to spit, because spitting distance was as close as he got to Thurman Thomas all game...

Michael82
12-11-2006, 10:03 AM
my hatred for the Pats has reached the point where I can let some things slide. It was a bipolar experience to say the least- I loved watching the Pats get pounded, but then they'd show the Fins celebrating and I'd feel a little sick to my stomach.
I'm right there with you. My hatred for the Pats is right above the Dolphins. I get great joy out of seeing Brady look like the whiny piece of **** that he is. I love watching him get drilled by the defensemen and laid out. I love when Belichick gets outcoached. But it feels wrong rooting for the Dolphins. I feel ready to vomit after I'm cheering a big play by the Dolphins defense and seeing them celebrate. But I'd feel sicker if I was rooting for that Patriot team. :ill:

M
12-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I live in CT so I have to hear about the freaking Patriots ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Can you tell I'm bitter?? Yeah, I hated rooting for the Fins but I would do it again in a minute if they were playing (and beating up on) the Patsies.

mybills
12-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I live in CT so I have to hear about the freaking Patriots ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Can you tell I'm bitter?? Yeah, I hated rooting for the Fins but I would do it again in a minute if they were playing (and beating up on) the Patsies.
:hi5: neighbor!

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 10:24 AM
you have just exemplified why your position as official billszone historian is a necessary one. those who do not remember Brian Cox spitting on Bills fans are doomed to see it repeated.

Here's my advice: when watching the Dolphins play the Patriots, change the channel.When did he spit on them? Guess I missed that. i know he gave them a double flip-off but never heard of said spitting:idunno:

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 10:29 AM
for me it's like this.

Unless a different result would help the Fins I root like this.

Bills over Pats
Bills over Jets
Jets over Pats (this changed since Brady came around)

I hated the Jets the most up till the Pats started winning everything. I have always disliked the Bills the least of the 3. I guess fans of each have their personal hate list and they probably all differ.

justasportsfan
12-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I hate the fish more.

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 10:33 AM
no surprise there Justa

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 10:35 AM

Any QB with the name 'Brady' should be shot.

And I could never, ever root for the putrid Fishies, unless they need to win for the Bills to make the playoffs or something like that.

Kerr
12-11-2006, 10:38 AM
But how bad does it make you feel that the fish found a way to do what the bills failed to do twice?

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Doc :blah: Lt

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Just the Fins, not there fans.

Some of their fans are pretty cool.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
F*** THE PATS.

That is all.

Gunzlingr
12-11-2006, 10:42 AM

:hi5: Damn Straight!!

raphael120
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
a shot of tom brady crying like a little girl...yes, virginia, there is a santa claus

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Any QB with the name 'Brady' should be shot.

And I could never, ever root for the putrid Fishies, unless they need to win for the Bills to make the playoffs or something like that.

so, instead you were rooting for the guy named Brady that you just said should be shot?

right now, my desire to see the Pats crash and burn exceeds my hatred of the Fish.

Historian
12-11-2006, 11:07 AM
right now, my desire to see the Pats crash and burn exceeds my hatred of the Fish.

Watch the 1998 wild card game....Buy two tickets for sunday....have a bowl of chicken soup...and call us in the morning.

mybills
12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
They BOTH suck. Is that fair enough?

It's seeing either of them get shut out that's pleasing.
This time, it happened to be NE, and that's great! :up:
So what?

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Billsology....if you have nothing worthwhile to add to the thread, please stop posting. Thank you! Dismissed

See ya at the airport Saturday! :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
If he followed that rule, he would never post again.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2006, 11:20 AM

Here's my advice: when watching the Dolphins play the Patriots, change the channel.

unless you're watching them embarrass each other/themselves.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2006, 11:24 AM
When did he spit on them? Guess I missed that. i know he gave them a double flip-off but never heard of said spitting:idunno:

I think Bryan Cox is off the roids now - or he's matured - he's actually given the Bills some respect/jumped on our bandwagon that year when we smashed on the Patriots and then the Jags. I think he was also kissing our @$$es when we went on the 6 game winning streak 2 years ago.

Historian
12-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Thank You Saratoga, for reminding everyone of the Historian's charge here!

But this goes beyond one vile, foul-mouthed waste of life, sorry excuse for a human being, does it not?

This is a classic case of good versus bad...all that is pure versus all that is evil:

** This is about a coach who used his position on the competition committee to influence the officials and thereby the game, on the field.

** This is about a quarterback who has had ridiculous amounts of adolation heaped on him despite the obvious lack of post season success throughout his entire career.

** This is about a city that shunned Mr. Wilson when he tried to set up shop there in 1959.

** This is about a city that is a microcasm for all that ails our beloved country, from poverty, to the war on drugs, to immigration.

And no matter how many titles those crybabies from Boston win, nothing will ever lessen my disdain for the fish, as this city is contrary to everything this great country stand for.

Sorry...this is personal.

mybills
12-11-2006, 12:06 PM
** This is about a city that shunned Mr. Wilson when he tried to set up shop there in 1959.

I'm GLAD they did. :chuckle:

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Billsology....if you have nothing worthwhile to add to the thread, please stop posting. Thank you! Dismissed

See ya at the airport Saturday! :snicker:Thought I better bring the above post back to light since Billsology is still yapping :snicker:

Billz_fan
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't root for either of them (Pats of phins), I just sit and chuckle when either of them screws up :D

Historian
12-11-2006, 02:45 PM
This is a culture war.

Sloth versus labor.

Pride versus humility.

Greed versus generosity.

The Bills and their fans usually slay those demons.

And have you ever noticed, that the fishes' most die-hard fans are from places like....Idaho....Nebraska....and Ohio?

Just why is that?

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Ohio....who is from there:idunno:

PhinsFan66
12-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Rooting for the Phish is a great thing....I have been doing so since 1972, 1973 when we won back to back Superbowls. :surf:

Saratoga Slim
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Just the Fins, not there fans.

Some of their fans are pretty cool.

Yup. LtFinFan66 is good people.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
http://galleries.media24.com/News24/134/dolphin3.jpg

PhinsFan66
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Clumpy is pretty good, for a Buffalo fan. :yucky:

LtFinFan66
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
:goodpost: There are lots of good folks on here:up:

!Papacrunk!
12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
This is a culture war.

Sloth versus labor.

Pride versus humility.

Greed versus generosity.

The Bills and their fans usually slay those demons.

And have you ever noticed, that the fishes' most die-hard fans are from places like....Idaho....Nebraska....and Ohio?

Just why is that?

Born and raised in Iowa myself.

Historian
12-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Born and raised in Iowa myself.

My point exactly.