• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

It felt dirty rooting for the Fish...

but, man, was it fun to watch NE get shut out yesterday. After his final fumble, the cameraman got a great shot of Brady looking like he was about to cry. I really hope that team completely chokes, gets a low seed, and loses in the first round of the playoffs. I'd love to see them get pounded at home by the AFC 5th or 6th seed.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: It felt dirty rooting for the Fish...

Originally posted by OpIv37
    but, man, was it fun to watch NE get shut out yesterday. After his final fumble, the cameraman got a great shot of Brady looking like he was about to cry. I really hope that team completely chokes, gets a low seed, and loses in the first round of the playoffs. I'd love to see them get pounded at home by the AFC 5th or 6th seed.
    I still couldn't root for the fish. I was hoping they'd both hurt and kill each other...

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Brady is too busy trying to file lawsuits he won't win to actually think about football

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          Brady is too busy trying to file lawsuits he won't win to actually think about football
          he's probably trying to sue CBS for that shot of him after the fumble- they didn't pay him rights to his image before embarrassing him on national TV.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            I still couldn't root for the fish. I was hoping they'd both hurt and kill each other...
            my hatred for the Pats has reached the point where I can let some things slide. It was a bipolar experience to say the least- I loved watching the Pats get pounded, but then they'd show the Fins celebrating and I'd feel a little sick to my stomach.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Sorry OP....it's never fashionable to root for the fish.

Even when they shut out the Pansies.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsology

I was rooting against the Patriots- unfortunately they were playing the Fish- so it's hard to root against them without technically rooting "for" the Fish.

Conversely- rooting against the Fish would have meant rooting FOR the Pats- AFCE games where the Bills don't play are quite the paradox.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Elminster
                  #1 Kelsay Fan
                  • Oct 2006

When I was the score, I was like "Cool...the Pats got stomped....by the Carp." I honestly feel good and bad about it...
                  Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Billsology

you have just exemplified why your position as official billszone historian is a necessary one. those who do not remember Brian Cox spitting on Bills fans are doomed to see it repeated.

Here's my advice: when watching the Dolphins play the Patriots, change the channel.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I was rooting against the Patriots- unfortunately they were playing the Fish- so it's hard to root against them without technically rooting "for" the Fish.

Conversely- rooting against the Fish would have meant rooting FOR the Pats- AFCE games where the Bills don't play are quite the paradox.
                      I completely understand, and feel the same way! It doesn't matter to me who shuts out the Pats, as long as I get to enjoy seeing them get shut out!

no offense, NE39.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

I have a newspaper article that is from three Miami papers combined from after that playoff game. One of them said it was appropriate for Cox to spit, because spitting distance was as close as he got to Thurman Thomas all game...
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

my hatred for the Pats has reached the point where I can let some things slide. It was a bipolar experience to say the least- I loved watching the Pats get pounded, but then they'd show the Fins celebrating and I'd feel a little sick to my stomach.
                          I'm right there with you. My hatred for the Pats is right above the Dolphins. I get great joy out of seeing Brady look like the whiny piece of **** that he is. I love watching him get drilled by the defensemen and laid out. I love when Belichick gets outcoached. But it feels wrong rooting for the Dolphins. I feel ready to vomit after I'm cheering a big play by the Dolphins defense and seeing them celebrate. But I'd feel sicker if I was rooting for that Patriot team.

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

I live in CT so I have to hear about the freaking Patriots ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Can you tell I'm bitter?? Yeah, I hated rooting for the Fins but I would do it again in a minute if they were playing (and beating up on) the Patsies.
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CTBills97
                              I live in CT so I have to hear about the freaking Patriots ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Can you tell I'm bitter?? Yeah, I hated rooting for the Fins but I would do it again in a minute if they were playing (and beating up on) the Patsies.
                              neighbor!
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X