• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The problem with Willis McGahee

Yeah, I know you people are gonna have a field day cuz I'm *****ing after a win, but this has to be said.

The whole Willis/Vilma thing highlights the problem with Willis. Yesterday, he had 16 rushes for 125 yards and a TD, and finally broke the long one (57 yards). And he did that despite having a slight injury, being sick to his stomach, and missing well over a quarter of the game. It shows that Willis has the strength to move the pile and get positive yardage when he doesn't dance.

The reason? McGahee wanted to show up Vilma- his old college teammate. This is what Willis can do when he's motivated. The problem is that it's hard to get him motivated. Guys like Spikes and Hargrove get pumped and give 100% no matter who they're playing- the competition (and the millions they get paid to participate in it) are motivation enough. Willis, unfortunately, only gives 100% when he feels like it .

If he played this hard every week, people might take him seriously when he says he's the best RB in the NFL. I don't think he's as good as LT or Alexander, but I think if he played 100% every week he could be in the same vein as them (much like Thurman was with E. Smith and B. Sanders- no one would say Thurman is better than those two guys, but at the time there was no doubt that they were the 3 best RB's in the NFL).

Willis is a great player with a ****ty attitude.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: The problem with Willis McGahee

I think that's a bunch of BS.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
      oh yeah? Explain why Willis always looks so good against the Jets and so mediocre against everyone else. Explain why he had the longest run of his career despite being sick and injured. Explain why Willis danced in the backfield against SD but hit holes like a madman against the Jets yesterday.

The guy simply doesn't come to play every week.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        oh yeah? Explain why Willis always looks so good against the Jets and so mediocre against everyone else. Explain why he had the longest run of his career despite being sick and injured. Explain why Willis danced in the backfield against SD but hit holes like a madman against the Jets yesterday.

The guy simply doesn't come to play every week.
        Ya, Billsfanone answer the man!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Really? Facts prove he is right.

OPV, willis is a thug punk. All he cares about is the 'lifestyle' of being an NFL player. Hell I bet if the punk could become a rapper and make as much money he wouldn't play another down in the NFL.

The sooner we are rid of him the better

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

You crack me up. You're one of the biggest JPHaters here and never present facts. Than OP makes a valid point, that can be backed up, and you come up with "BS" as a reply. Back up your smack!! Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I disagree slightly. McGahee has a big spotlight attitude and he plays on a small spotlight team. Here we have a guy who went to the U, the biggest attitude school in the country. He ends up in Buffalo gets some good press because of his injury, then after a few losing seasons he fades from the spotlight. He makes the "Best back in the league" comment to get back into the public eye again.

McGahee is a good back he is a damn good back. As the team wins more he will play better, I do think he has problems playing for a team that isnt winning. Which you see a lot in the NFL I think McGahee is part of the norm, where guys like Spikes and Fletcher are part of a minority.

I do think Fletch deserves to be mentioned because no matter where this team has been record wise over the last 5 years, Fletcher has been on the field giving that 100%.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                I disagree slightly. McGahee has a big spotlight attitude and he plays on a small spotlight team. Here we have a guy who went to the U, the biggest attitude school in the country. He ends up in Buffalo gets some good press because of his injury, then after a few losing seasons he fades from the spotlight. He makes the "Best back in the league" comment to get back into the public eye again.

McGahee is a good back he is a damn good back. As the team wins more he will play better, I do think he has problems playing for a team that isnt winning. Which you see a lot in the NFL I think McGahee is part of the norm, where guys like Spikes and Fletcher are part of a minority.

I do think Fletch deserves to be mentioned because no matter where this team has been record wise over the last 5 years, Fletcher has been on the field giving that 100%.
                my only response to that is that if McGahee played harder, this team would win more games and he'd be back in the spotlight more often. Thurman Thomas had no problem getting press when we were winning back in the day.

And yeah, you can throw Fletch into the mix of guys who play hard every game. There are other guys on our team too- Hargrove and Spikes are just the most visible about it IMO.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129

OPV, willis is a thug punk. All he cares about is the 'lifestyle' of being an NFL player. Hell I bet if the punk could become a rapper and make as much money he wouldn't play another down in the NFL.

So who will take over as RB?

You want to dump Nate and Willis. You also want the Bills to fill holes at OL, DL, TE, WR, and LB. By getting rid of those two guys you creat two additional holes.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I have to agree with Op. And if you want facts ... Willis has averaged more than four yards a carry in only three games this year, and yup, two were against the Jets. (the other was Jax)
                    Last edited by Philagape; 12-11-2006, 09:09 AM.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      So who will take over as RB?

You want to dump Nate and Willis. You also want the Bills to fill holes at OL, DL, TE, WR, and LB. By getting rid of those two guys you creat two additional holes.
                      And with 37 mill in cap room you can fill ALL of them. RB's can be had in later rounds and perform well. upgrade the OL and that helps ensure a later round pick will succeed at RB.

As for as clements, if he agrees to WHAT HE IS WORTH, then sign him. problem is he thinks he is a top 5 CB and he isn't.

So I want to fill 8-10 slots with 37 mill in cap room AND the draft. Seems to me a decent GM wont have any problems doing that.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        You crack me up. You're one of the biggest JPHaters here and never present facts. Than OP makes a valid point, that can be backed up, and you come up with "BS" as a reply. Back up your smack!! Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?
                        I'm a reformed hater. I like JP now and ate my crow already. It tasted good.

I don't think Willis gets more psyched up to play the Jets than he does any other game. It's media hype you all are buying into. He's had good games besides the Jets. He's had bad ones too.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

You're not a real fan. Talking about one of the Bills players like that.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

And with 37 mill in cap room you can fill ALL of them. RB's can be had in later rounds and perform well. upgrade the OL and that helps ensure a later round pick will succeed at RB.

As for as clements, if he agrees to WHAT HE IS WORTH, then sign him. problem is he thinks he is a top 5 CB and he isn't.

So I want to fill 8-10 slots with 37 mill in cap room AND the draft. Seems to me a decent GM wont have any problems doing that.
                            And another question:

You and I (as well as others) have pointed out that the O-line's struggles (although they are improving) contributed to JP's struggles.

Why is that not part of Willis' problem?

That fact is you want 5-10 new starters, it won't be done in one off-season.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

It's great that you are all mind readers and know what Willis is thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X