PDA

View Full Version : The announcers yesterday.

Patrick76777
12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
After an early Josh Reed drop.

“The normally sure handed Josh Reed, drops the pass!”

Ummm, OK.

And then on Pennington.

“No QB makes better decisions then Chad Pennington”

Really! Really?

Luisito23
12-11-2006, 10:01 AM
LOL....I like Ian Eagle.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

MikeInRoch
12-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I heard those as well. It just makes me want to puke.

LtBillsFan66
12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I was listening to my radio in the stadium. The 1050 espn guys could not have made more mistakes. It was laughable.

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I was listening to my radio in the stadium. The 1050 espn guys could not have made more mistakes. It was laughable.

the TV guys (Eagle and Wilcots) weren't much better. They confused Coy Wire and Jim Leonard several times, they referred to Evans as Reed, they called Reed "sure handed" (as Pat pointed out) and they must have said "The Bills are dialed in to what the Jets are doing" about 2400 times.

JJamezz
12-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Man, none of that stuff bothered me as much as the just sickening Jets love fest, which continued pretty much right up until the end...

When Fletch makes that pick, you'd have thought Ian Eagle just lost his best friend... Every time they announce the score it was with this utterly shocked tone, like it was the ***** peewee league beating the Madden All-Stars...

I mean, geez, its not like they have Super Tony Homo at QB or something...

Patrick76777
12-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Man, none of that stuff bothered me as much as the just sickening Jets love fest, which continued pretty much right up until the end...

When Fletch makes that pick, you'd have thought Ian Eagle just lost his best friend... Every time they announce the score it was with this utterly shocked tone, like it was the ***** peewee league beating the Madden All-Stars...

I mean, geez, its not like they have Super Tony Homo at QB or something...

it's the media bias and love fest for the Jets and all NFC East teams.

JJamezz
12-11-2006, 10:36 AM
it's the media bias and love fest for the Jets and all NFC East teams.

I guess I'd just never heard it laid on so thick for anybody other than the Pats - who as much as I hate them, at least deserve a decent amount of the accolades they get.

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Reed has been sure handed for the last two years.

He had one bad year and still has the stigma attached. It is similar to people who still think Travis Henry is a fumbler.

Gunzlingr
12-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I can't wait for highlights!

Patrick76777
12-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I guess I'd just never heard it laid on so thick for anybody other than the Pats - who as much as I hate them, at least deserve a decent amount of the accolades they get.

Agreed. Except for the Bruski love fest last year.

Patrick76777
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Reed has been sure handed for the last two years.

He had one bad year and still has the stigma attached. It is similar to people who still think Travis Henry is a fumbler.

Reed owes me 10 years of sure hands before I change my mind.

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Agreed. Except for the Bruski love fest last year.
And the Nick Saban love fest too, how he's such an incredible coach when he still hasn't done crap in the league.

justasportsfan
12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Reed has been sure handed ever since JP took over as qb. Everyone had dropsies after Drews 1st year. Even TO had the dropsies when Drew was throwing to him.