PDA

View Full Version : Bills getting offer for Spikes together!

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Bills | Offer Sheet Coming For Spikes? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
2:30 PT: According to Pete Prisco of SportsLine.com, the Buffalo Bills may be readying an offer sheet to free agent LB Takeo Spikes (Bengals). They feel that if they structure a deal the right way, the Bengals might not match the offer. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has told some people around the league that if a guy doesn't want to be in Cincinnati then he doesn't want him around. Spikes can run well, something the Bills need.

hmm.. so maybe they meet with Peterson today, find out if he is pretty reasonable, if so, they make an offer.. if they feel that his price is about what takeo is going to demand, go ahead and send out an offer sheet to him.

what do you guys think?:snicker:

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 01:11 PM
We think that while you were out fighting the bad guys, this was posted 3 or 4 times. And they all said it's speculation and that Prisco is not a credible source .

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Time will tell....

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 01:21 PM
oh sorry.. i looked and didnt see that.. i just saw it this morning on kffl... my bad..

i was busy at work.. i cant hawk the mb 24/7.. its more like 22/7 for me. :D

clumping platelets
03-03-2003, 01:30 PM
slacker :D

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 01:33 PM
i know.. i know..

can you imagine getting paid for this? being a devoted bills fan?

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 01:40 PM
At least you got more zb's than my thread. :D

don137
03-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Spikes was belittling the Bengals this past weekend when the Chargers signed Neal. I just don't see Cincy matching any deal not matter what he signs an offer sheet for if the tag is not dropped. I just hope the Bengals sign Sam Adams...

ublinkwescore
03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
You'd better hope the Bengals don't sign Sam Adams until we've got ourselves a DT to plug in next to Pat Williams.

RedEyE
03-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Actually, I hope they do sign Adams. Less money for them to match Takeo's offer. Then Buffalo could sign Thorton who would be a solid stand in next to Pat.

don137
03-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Exactly RedEye...Cincy won't sign both Adams and Spikes...

venis2k1
03-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I still think that MT. Washington will be a June cut.

TigerJ
03-03-2003, 05:17 PM
TD is playing a high stakes game. He wants the best WOLB he can get. Spikes is the best he can possibly get, but there is a transiition tag in the way. Mike Peterson is very good, and the next best linebacker in the free agent market. TD brought him in so he knows exactly what Peterson can bring to the table, but he would still prefer Spikes. I think TD is trying to feel out the Bungles to get an idea what the Bungles plan next. Are they going to sign a high priced free agent themselves? Would that cause them to remove the tag on Spikes? Could TD structure a deal just right so that the Bungles won't match. If TD signed Spikes to an offer sheet, would the Bungles wait a full week to decide whether or not to match it? If that happened what sort of plan B could he have in place, because Peterson would almost certainly be gone in that time? If there is no satisfactory plan B, is Spike's value worth the risk of not getting him and ending up with a rookie or a scrub at WLB? TD has to weigh everything before he decides to act. I don't think the failure to sign Peterson means a whole lot. TD could still decide Peterson is the way to go, being safer. Or he may make the big bet on Spikes.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2003, 05:19 PM
TW's best days are behind him though. I'd love to be proven wrong though - I miss seeing that fat bastard doing the macarena on Sundays in a Bills uniform.

Quick, someone teach Pat Williams how to dance.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2003, 06:12 PM
I would be happy with either peterson or Spikes.

The_Philster
03-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
TW's best days are behind him though. I'd love to be proven wrong though - I miss seeing that fat bastard doing the macarena on Sundays in a Bills uniform.

Quick, someone teach Pat Williams how to dance.

Ted Washington doing that macarena? :eek: :scared:

Ingtar33
03-03-2003, 08:22 PM
could you imagine Washington AND Smith on our team togather again? I know they're old bastards, but it would be fun to see wouldn't it?

BillC
03-03-2003, 08:55 PM
That would be fun- get them in for vet min!