PDA

View Full Version : Last Nights Game They Were Takling about Marv and Sean Peyton

raphael120
12-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Was Peyton one of the coaches considered by Levy? Because the announcers last night said that apparently Marv contacted Peyton and said if things don't work out in New Orleans that for him to contact him...? Anyone know this story?

Kerr
12-11-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't know payton was next on marv's list. Even though dick has done a decent job with this team his first year, I wonder that had this team landed payton if we'd have a better record.

Michael82
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Interesting....

Historian
12-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I gotta wonder about the whole 'revival' in New Orleans.

This kid comes out of nowhere and coaches the worst franchise in the history of professional sports into the playoffs in his first year?

Sorry, I don't buy it. I don't care if he was a disciple of Parcells.

It just waxes too poetic.

I think the fix is on.

Devin
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM

This kid comes out of nowhere and coaches the worst franchise in the history of professional sports into the playoffs in his first year?

I think the fix is on.

The Saints changed everything this year. Something like 34 new players on the roster, New coaching staff....etc. Payton cleaned out the garbage and brought in team players. He makes players who are injured stay on the sideline during the games in Saints gear.

This isnt like a new thing, coaches do this with teams all the time. Seems like every year or two some new coach gets a crappy franchise and turns it into a contender year 1.

The Saints bring in Drew Brees, his #1 WR is Joe Horn then you match him up with Colston on the otherside. If that isnt bad enough you throw Reggie Bush and Deuce behind him. On top of that the Saints OL is playing possesed this year.

The D is average but they are doing just enough. The tandem at DE (Will smith, Charles Grant) are consistently getting pressure which helps greatly.

This team has had talent for years but was poorly managed/coached.

Saratoga Slim
12-11-2006, 03:38 PM
The Saints changed everything this year. Something like 34 new players on the roster, New coaching staff....etc. Payton cleaned out the garbage and brought in team players. He makes players who are injured stay on the sideline during the games in Saints gear.

This isnt like a new thing, coaches do this with teams all the time. Seems like every year or two some new coach gets a crappy franchise and turns it into a contender year 1.

The Saints bring in Drew Brees, his #1 WR is Joe Horn then you match him up with Colston on the otherside. If that isnt bad enough you throw Reggie Bush and Deuce behind him. On top of that the Saints OL is playing possesed this year.

The D is average but they are doing just enough. The tandem at DE (Will smith, Charles Grant) are consistently getting pressure which helps greatly.

I think the biggest surprise is on defense. With Drew Brees, Horn, Colston, Bush, and McAllister, it's not a shocker that they can score. But the Saints' defense really shut down the cowboys last night. I was impressed.

Devin
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I think the biggest surprise is on defense. With Drew Brees, Horn, Colston, Bush, and McAllister, it's not a shocker that they can score. But the Saints' defense really shut down the cowboys last night. I was impressed.

Its really hit or miss with that unit.

They need a LB something fierce. Thier DL is the difference maker. Hollis Thomas pre-suspension was having a career year, and smith/grant are playing very well.

Up front they get so much pressure consistently it makes it easy for thier DB's. Apart McKenzie they are weak at CB.

Thomas cost them a TD last night and is normally good for a bonehead play like that every few games.

L.A. Playa
12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Imagine if the Saints sign Adalius Thomas in the offseason

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-11-2006, 04:03 PM

The only reason why the Aints are winning is because the NFL is letting them! To raise :$: for the Hurricane Katrina fund

Devin
12-11-2006, 04:10 PM
The only reason why the Aints are winning is because the NFL is letting them! To raise :$: for the Hurricane Katrina fund

If you're joking.....lol

if you're not that post is one of the more ******ed ones in this particular forum. And thats bad.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
:jk:

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Last night was the first time I had ever heard of Payton talking with the Bills.

DynaPaul
12-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, to throw some more fuel on the fire. Last year when we played the Saints we should have won that game but got stymied by the officials on every big play we had. Haven't seen any Saints game this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little "help"...

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, to throw some more fuel on the fire. Last year when we played the Saints we should have won that game but got stymied by the officials on every big play we had. Haven't seen any Saints game this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little "help"...
Well last night they just flat out beat the **** out of a pretty good Cowboys team and there was no "help."

I sure hope that if they do happen to win it all this year people dont start with "well the NFL made it happen on purpose."

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I think the BILLS were going to interview Peyton or the BILLS had him scheduled for a interview but he called the BILLS and cancelled because he was going to be hired as the Saints coach. I think I remember hearing something like that. Besides I'm glad we have Jauron he's a veteran coach he's been auround the NFL for awhile and the players like him also I wouldn't want another rookie head coach here if you look at the head coaches that we've had Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey they didn't know what they were doing. Jauron has us on the right page.

Devin
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Well last night they just flat out beat the **** out of a pretty good Cowboys team and there was no "help."

I sure hope that if they do happen to win it all this year people dont start with "well the NFL made it happen on purpose."

Be prepared.

God forbid it be by solid coaching or having one of the most prolific offensive attacks ever.

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Be prepared.

God forbid it be by solid coaching or having one of the most prolific offensive attacks ever.
Well that will be very sad because they are a hell of a team.

mikemac2001
12-11-2006, 06:09 PM

I think the fix is on.

I see where your coming from....but i think brees is the key and some O weapons i mean there D is still kinda soft in sec front 7 isnt that bad but i think brees is main reason ive loved him in purdue and he runs that offense well

Bling
12-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Be prepared.

Thank you. Excuses are for losers. There's no cover up, losers make excuses and stick at the bottom. Teams like NO rebuild, keep their mouth shut, bring in a good coach and they get revived.