PDA

View Full Version : Peterson leaves without an offer

Romes
03-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Empire Sports/WNSA Bills beat reporter Jeff Morrison learned this morning that Indianpolis Colts LB Mike Peterson was in Buffalo today. He met with team officials and left town, reportedly without an offer with the team.

:unhappy:

http://www.wnsafm.com/billsreport.shtml

Maybe TD wants to bring in Spikes before he spends on Peterson. This does not necessarilly mean that Peterson will not get a contract offer in the future. Who knows what happened during the meeting.

TD still will get us a stud WLB. No body panic just because Peterson left without a contract.

:calm:

TypicalBill
03-03-2003, 01:15 PM
:shakeno:

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Who else is getting nervous? :eek:

I'll say one thing...I'd HATE to play poker with TD!

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 01:17 PM
He didn't like the wings?

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 01:24 PM
ok, damn it.. who was in charge of slashing the tires and taking out the driver!!!

Romes
03-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Mike90210 probably slept in. ;)

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Mike:chair: rest of us

WG
03-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Who else is getting nervous? :eek:

I'll say one thing...I'd HATE to play poker with TD!

:insane:

:phew:

As long as Peterson doesn't sign elsewhere while we can't come to terms w/ Spikes.

Brian H
03-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Isn't Takeo In Buffalo right now as well???

Bulldog
03-03-2003, 03:05 PM
No. IMO there won't be any major signings until the Price situation is complete. I hope we don't wait too long to make a move.

Dozerdog
03-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
ok, damn it.. who was in charge of slashing the tires and taking out the driver!!!

I think he slashed TD's tires by mistake

The_Philster
03-03-2003, 03:41 PM
:rofl:

RedEyE
03-03-2003, 04:07 PM
If he left without an offer then Peterson is most likely not a primary interest for TD. Last season players that Tom really wanted were given offers prior to their departure. Some other team will scoop Peterson up now. What in the world does Tom have up his sleeve? The clock is ticking and if were banking on reeling in Spikes, then that's a lot to gamble on. The only thing that I can imagine is TD is confident on signing Spikes, or he just really was not that impressed with Peterson.

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
i really believe that peterson wants too much money.. st louis and buffalo passed on him... in my book, that means something is up... i am betting that he saw barbers 30 million dollar deal and said, well all the reports have me right behind takeo as the best available, so i want 5+ mill a year.

and td said... take care, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

don137
03-03-2003, 04:26 PM
I agree RedEye. I heard TD on WNSA and he said he doesn't like to make offers on players "on tour" visiting other teams. Didn't Fletcher sign on his stop to Buffalo last year and he ended up canceling a trip to Detroit the following day.

RedEyE
03-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i really believe that peterson wants too much money.. st louis and buffalo passed on him... in my book, that means something is up... i am betting that he saw barbers 30 million dollar deal and said, well all the reports have me right behind takeo as the best available, so i want 5+ mill a year.

and td said... take care, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

That's probably very true, but if were showing interest in Spikes the numbers to lure him from Cincy are going to much higher. Peterson seemed like a "cheaper" option to me. St. Lous passed on him to, huh? He isn't damaged goods is he? Well maybe your right. Perhaps he does want more money then most GMs think that he's worth.

Mr. Anonymous
03-03-2003, 04:40 PM
That may also explain why the Colts let him go. Maybe they weren't willing to meet his salary demands.