PDA

View Full Version : According to PFW, Ralph wants London back

Kerr
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Fletcher quietly having Pro Bowl-type season for Bills
Buffalo (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/)

We hear that the Bills have had preliminary discussions with MLB London Fletcher, who is having one of the best seasons of his nine-year NFL career and who becomes a free agent following the 2006 season, about a new contract. Word is Fletcher, who not only leads the team in tackles on the field but also has been named the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year, is a favorite of owner Ralph Wilson, and the Bills’ boss wants to keep him with the team. Fletcher told PFW that he is most proud of the fact that he hasn’t missed a game in his career, including a streak of consecutive starts that reached 100 in Week 14. “The thing I’m most proud of is just to be counted on each and every week. I don’t think the coaches worry about the middle linebacker position for whatever team I’ve played on. I feel like they have confidence in me and know that I’m going to show up each and every Sunday, ready to play. That’s something I take pride in. The fact that I’m able to just perform each and every week, regardless of the way I feel. Just being able to be there, and be there for my teammates, is great.”

(http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/WWHI/)

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I want Fletcher back!

Devin
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Me to I sure hope we can sign him.

Billsrock4life
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
They should re- sign Fletcher and Clements if possible, but definetly Fletcher

M
12-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Flethcer in 2007!!!

M
12-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Um, might be nice if I could spell ... FLETCHER!!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-11-2006, 09:52 PM
absolutely must sign him

Meathead
12-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Um, might be nice if I could spell ... FLETCHER!!!
felcher

whadeva

YardRat
12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Keeping both Fletcher and Nate is going to eat up a lot of cap space from that 30+ million.

Does that mean you guys would be willing to let Nate go?

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Keeping both Fletcher and Nate is going to eat up a lot of cap space from that 30+ million.

I think that short term Fletcher is more valuable to our team.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm fine either way....depends on the numbers. He isn't getting any younger - he'll be 32 next year before the season starts - and he wasn't that fast to begin with. Love his leadership tho.

OpIv37
12-11-2006, 10:19 PM
I'll believe it when he puts his money where his mouth is.

gr8slayer
12-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I'll believe it when he puts his money where his mouth is.
VERY true!

Devin
12-12-2006, 01:48 AM

Not from almost 38 mil it wont.

Depending on Nates contract, even if its front loaded (which would be smart) they could have as much as 20-25 mil left.

If we cant sign them both with that much cap space our GM's should be fired.

jamze132
12-12-2006, 05:30 AM
There is no real reason why we can't sign anyone in the NFL for any contract considering all the money we will be allowed to be spent. But it does all depend on whether or not Ralph let's Marv reach the salary cap. I will be pretty pissed if we are like 20 mil under when we start the season and we have no major ungrades anywhere.

ICE74129
12-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Where do people get these guys will eat up our cap so badly? We could sign clements, and 8 other 'stars' and still draft easy. It how you structure the contracts.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 07:28 AM
I want London back too. He's the veteran leader of this defense and a solid community guy too. :up:

mybills
12-12-2006, 07:35 AM
I'd keep London AND Nate. :up:

ICE74129
12-12-2006, 07:40 AM
I'd keep London AND Nate. :up:What has nate done to deserve to be the highest paid CB in the NFL? NOTHING! that is what he is expecting to be paid.

mybills
12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Did he call you up and tell you that?

eyedog
12-12-2006, 08:20 AM
That's great. Ralph wants to re-sign an overrated 30+ linebacker and let his 26 yr. old top corner walk. Again the process continues, buy cheap and mediocre players and you get mediocre performance and record. Just look at the past free agent track record.

mybills
12-12-2006, 08:26 AM
over rated? :rofl:

ICE74129
12-12-2006, 08:46 AM
That's great. Ralph wants to re-sign an overrated 30+ linebacker and let his 26 yr. old top corner walk. Again the process continues, buy cheap and mediocre players and you get mediocre performance and record. Just look at the past free agent track record.

Really? Out of all the FA's we have let go, who has really done well after leaving here? Winfield has done good and so has Pat Williams. Thats about it.

As for as clements goes, no one on the staff wants him gone. HE Wants to be gone by his stupid salary demands.

Saratoga Slim
12-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Really? Out of all the FA's we have let go, who has really done well after leaving here? Winfield has done good and so has Pat Williams. Thats about it.

As for as clements goes, no one on the staff wants him gone. HE Wants to be gone by his stupid salary demands.

Exactly. I guarantee we'll try to resign Nate. But I have a tough time believing he's worth Champ Bailey money. someone will offer him that kind of contract, and he'll take it. As much as I would love to have him back, I'll be a little uneasy if we pay him that much.

eyedog
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
And what fa's brought in have done well here. Fletcher is an average mlb contrary to the rose colored glasses many fans here wear. Milloy was over the hill, Sam Adams had his moments when properly motivated, the o-lineman brought in have alll been terrible, they did get the lucky find with an undrafted Peters, Royal is nothing special, same with Peerless. Spikes when healthy was the best of the bunch, Bowen wtf is does he do here anyway, Lindell is avrage, Moorman was a great find.

Saratoga Slim
12-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Fletcher is in the top five in the league in tackles. Whatever arguments you want to make about his coverage ability, speed etc., that's still well above average. He's a solid player.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
This gives me hope, Fletcher means alot to our team and he deserves to goto the probowl. 8 Straight seasons with a 100 tackles or more and not one pro bowl appearance to account for? WTF is that?

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Fletcher is in the top five in the league in tackles. Whatever arguments you want to make about his coverage ability, speed etc., that's still well above average. He's a solid player.

I could argue that he is one of the best coverage type MLB's. He is more than just a 'solid' player, Fletcher is a very special player.

eyedog
12-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Just because you make a ton of tackles { especially downfield}, doesn't necessarilly mean your a great linebacker. I'm not saying he's terrible but there is the guy I wouldn't break the bank for.

justasportsfan
12-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Fletcher is solid but never dominant. Keeping him will also make Spikes want to stay. If Fletch goes, I'm almost sure Spikes will be gone too.

ScottLawrence
12-12-2006, 10:26 AM
If your going to resign Fltecher, I would do it with the Franchise tag considering his age.

I think he is overrated, and on many occasions hit the wrong gap or misses tackles that result in big gains on the ground.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow, how are people saying some of these things about Fletch. He isn't dominant? Wtf? How is he NOT dominant? He has been in the top 5 in the tackle category in the entire NFL for the past 5 years straight and to top it off he usually has a couple sacks, with multiple interceptions each year. Fletcher is as consistent as they come, we need to lock him up for another 3 years atleast! Talk about an unsung hero on defense..

gr8slayer
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I would venture to say that London is more important to our team than TKO.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I would venture to say that London is more important to our team than TKO.

You're not saying much then.

mybills
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow, how are people saying some of these things about Fletch. He isn't dominant? Wtf? How is he NOT dominant? He has been in the top 5 in the tackle category in the entire NFL for the past 5 years straight and to top it off he usually has a couple sacks, with multiple interceptions each year. Fletcher is as consistent as they come, we need to lock him up for another 3 years atleast! Talk about an unsung hero on defense..

Just ignore them.