• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Prayers for Kessel

He isnt a Sabre, but he is one hell of a young hockey player. Thoughts and prayers go out to Phil Kessel of the Boston Bruins.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

The Kessel family has asked the Boston Bruins to release the following statement: Phil Kessel is being treated today for a medical issue not related to hockey. At this time there is no further update on Phil's condition. When there is an update, and it is appropriate to do so, we will update everyone on Phil's health. We kindly ask that you respect the Kessel family's privacy during this time.-- Kessel is in the thoughts of the B's "You [have] to stick together as a team," said Peter Chiarelli. "You hope and pray for the family and you work your way through it.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Prayers for Kessel

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

what's he being treated for?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Jesus- Boston has no sports luck outside of the Pats

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            what's he being treated for?
            One other player has Mono on their team but it's all speculation.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Hope he recovers.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jan 2004

found this on a google search

(CBS4) BOSTON CBS4 has learned for the second time in recent months, another young athlete is in a major medical fight. The Boston Bruins' first-round pick Phil Kessel has testicular cancer.

Sources say Kessel is currently at Mass. General Hospital and was due to undergo surgery.

Kessel is said to be in good spirits. He was the Bruins' number one pick and fifth overall in the NHL.

Testicular cancer usually occurs in young men and can be treated and often cured, according to the American Cancer Society.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  found this on a google search

(CBS4) BOSTON CBS4 has learned for the second time in recent months, another young athlete is in a major medical fight. The Boston Bruins' first-round pick Phil Kessel has testicular cancer.

Sources say Kessel is currently at Mass. General Hospital and was due to undergo surgery.

Kessel is said to be in good spirits. He was the Bruins' number one pick and fifth overall in the NHL.

Testicular cancer usually occurs in young men and can be treated and often cured, according to the American Cancer Society.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Yea it has been confirmed to be testicular cancer. Its funny too a buddy of mine is a big Kessell fan and picked up a jersey. He got the shirt yesterday.... same day as the news.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• GThirst
                      • Jul 2006

Wow, that sucks for Kessel. Hope he recovers and has a roaring comeback, maybe giving the Bruins an extra spark...albeit they are doing good right now.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Lance Armstrong beat it
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                        X