JP2Mc
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Schobel leads the leauge in sacks... just thought i'd let everyone know

PhinsFan66
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Until JT gets a hold of Losman on Sunday over and over. :respect:

SquishDaFish
12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
This has been posted 2 times before already. Please read board before posting news.

BillsFever21
12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Where are them few people at the start of the year that said Schobel wasn't worth his contract and needs replaced? The worst part is they were Bills fans.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Uh OH Stampy is back groaning me. I knew he couldnt stay away from me long. Welcome back.

Samphin1
12-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Miami is second in the league in sacks as a team though...me thinks that be more impressive!

jmb1099
12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Miami is second in the league in sacks as a team though...me thinks that be more impressive!
Methinks you may be a bit partial..
The fins d is impressive though

SABURZFAN
12-12-2006, 12:03 AM

FISH fans are the #1 (nut)sacks in the NFL.

gr8slayer
12-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Miami is 0-1 vs. the Bills this season, me thinks that be less impressive.

jamze132
12-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Schobel is a beast, me think. Just ask the Jet's LT, what's his name? Da'Brick?

!Papacrunk!
12-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Schobel is a beast, me think. Just ask the Jet's LT, what's his name? Da'Brick?

I did see that one play where it looked like D'Brick was on roller skates.

One of my favorite plays of Jason Taylor, up against a lineman, was when he made a guy fall on his arse, not becuase of pushing him down, but from technique that made him get so off balance. I think the lineman even took some huge air before the landing, lol.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
What has been most impressive about Schobel this year, especially in comparison to his play in the past, has been his consistency. Unlike some of his previous seasons where he would get a bunch of sacks in a couple of games and then disappear for 3-4 games, Schobel now has logged at least one sack in 8 of his last 9 games this season. IMHO, that is a sign that Schobel is starting to take his game to the next level--where he becomes a factor that the opposition has to take into consideration in their game-planning every week, which is the mark of a great pass rusher.

Schobel logged three sacks against the Jets, but that did not fully reflect how completely he dominated D.Ferguson. C.Pennington, never known as the most nimble of QBs, was forced to scramble 4 times by the Bills, with Schobel playing a large role in the pressure that Pennington was running away from on those occasions. And, even when he got the ball off, Pennington was under pressure quite often. While Schobel has had a 3 sack game before in his career, IMHO, this may well have been his best overall performance as a Bill.

Samphin1
12-12-2006, 09:59 AM
To be fair, I think 10 of Schobel's sacks came against Daunte Culpepper...

Samphin1
12-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Miami is 0-1 vs. the Bills this season, me thinks that be less impressive.

I was hoping no one would remember that...:oops:

Historian
12-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Until JT gets a hold of Losman on Sunday over and over. :respect:

That ancient bald guy, who's been there since Jimmy Johnson got Shula fired?

Please.

That POS has three good games a year.

Kerr
12-12-2006, 10:09 AM
To be fair, I think 10 of Schobel's sacks came against Daunte Culpepper...

That's a joke, right? Schobel didn't even have a tackle in that game, which is surprising.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Where are them few people at the start of the year that said Schobel wasn't worth his contract and needs replaced? The worst part is they were Bills fans.

Well, I never said he should be replaced or wasn't woth his contract but I did say he's over rated. He's a very good player but not dominate. My opinion hasn't changed much but he's playing well. Of course it's hard to judge when Kelsay and Denney are on the other side. He's not getting a whole lot of help.

EDS
12-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Well, I never said he should be replaced or wasn't woth his contract but I did say he's over rated. He's a very good player but not dominate. My opinion hasn't changed much but he's playing well. Of course it's hard to judge when Kelsay and Denney are on the other side. He's not getting a whole lot of help.

Kelsay and Denney have 10 sacks between them. Add another for Hargrove. 23.5 sacks from defensive ends is nothing to sneeze at.

Now of course they could be better against the run - but that is why the previous regime employed giant defensive tackles.

OpIv37
12-12-2006, 11:45 AM

I don't remember too many people being hard on Schobel.

I remember a lot of people going "wtf?" at the $10 million contract Denney got, myself included. While Denney has improved, he still lacks consistency and sucks against the run.

Tatonka
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
call me crazy.. but i like our DEs.. all four of them.

finally.

gr8slayer
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
call me crazy.. but i like our DEs.. all four of them.

finally.
I have always liked Kelsay but this year I am starting to really like Denney as well.