• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Why did Miami...

not sign Brees again?

This isn't meant to start trouble or anything I just remember someone giving a reason they couldnt get it done. Was it the price tag? His Injury?

I remember Brees saying his firm price was 10 mil a year, I just cant remember why it was the fins ended up with Daunte (costing them a 2nd rounder as well). When they could have had Brees without costing anything.

Whats Daunte's current contract? Was it that much of a savings?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Why did Miami...

Nick Saban likes guys that don't have the "high character gene".

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

A combo between the money and the fact that doctors thought Pep would be less of a risk medically. Guess Drew proved them wrong

Comment

• Samphin1
        • Mar 2004

Yeah, Drew failed our physical but passed New Orleans, I suppose we need to evaluate our physical standards. I still like Culpepper though and when he is finally healthy next year, I expect good to great things from him...but Brees is making every other team in the league look stupid right now.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I for one am glad that the Dolphins never made that happen. Brees is still pretty young and they could have been riding a high horse for years to come.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1
            Yeah, Drew failed our physical but passed New Orleans, I suppose we need to evaluate our physical standards. I still like Culpepper though and when he is finally healthy next year, I expect good to great things from him...but Brees is making every other team in the league look stupid right now.
            That's a good point. How did Culpepper pass the physical yet Brees failed?

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

the fins used Florida Cosmetic sugery doctor that does breast implants to diagnose Brees' injury.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                The team Witch Doctor is from Haitii.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

I for one am glad that the Dolphins never made that happen. Brees is still pretty young and they could have been riding a high horse for years to come.

No kidding. If Miami would have signed Brees, they would be in the playoffs this year; that's for sure.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

miami
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DolfanTom
                      I have an itch only a male dolphin can scratch
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                      not sign Brees again?

This isn't meant to start trouble or anything I just remember someone giving a reason they couldnt get it done. Was it the price tag? His Injury?

I remember Brees saying his firm price was 10 mil a year, I just cant remember why it was the fins ended up with Daunte (costing them a 2nd rounder as well). When they could have had Brees without costing anything.

Whats Daunte's current contract? Was it that much of a savings?
                      In short:

-They didn't trust Brees' shoulder
                      -They didn't want to pay Brees the - about - one million more per season than 'Pepper would cost them
                      -Pepper's injury was leg related, so - in theory - it wouldn't hurt his throwing, whereas, potentially, Brees wouldn't heal in time to be a good thrower this season.
                      -Saban took a gamble

Umm, yeah, not so much.

Whaddya gonna do. First Wannstache bypasses Brees in the draft for a backup CB (when CB was probably our deepest position), then Saban blows it.

I like Saban a lot, but this clearly was the wrong decision looking back 20/20. At the time, seemed like a decent gamble.

QB can be a mystery sometime. Who thought BB had anything when he drafted Brady in the sixth????

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

www.billywitchdoctor.com
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DolfanTom
                          In short:

-They didn't want to pay Brees the - about - one million more per season than 'Pepper would cost them
                          -Pepper's injury was leg related, so - in theory - it wouldn't hurt his throwing, whereas, potentially, Brees wouldn't heal in time to be a good thrower this season.
                          -Saban took a gamble

Umm, yeah, not so much.

Whaddya gonna do. First Wannstache bypasses Brees in the draft for a backup CB (when CB was probably our deepest position), then Saban blows it.

I like Saban a lot, but this clearly was the wrong decision looking back 20/20. At the time, seemed like a decent gamble.

QB can be a mystery sometime. Who thought BB had anything when he drafted Brady in the sixth????
                          That's in short? I hate to see the long version.

Comment

• DolfanTom
                            I have an itch only a male dolphin can scratch
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                            That's in short? I hate to see the long version.
                            I would post it, but it would be beyond the capacity of the educational system in Buffalo.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DolfanTom
                              In short:

-Saban took a gamble

Umm, yeah, not so much.

Thanks man, thats kinda what I was looking for. I do remember someone explaining it a while ago but couldnt remember what the reason was.

I know NO was Brees second choice however hes pretty much worshipped around here now so I think hes settling in.

Thanks for the explanation.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X