PDA

View Full Version : YOUBOTY!!!!

casdhf
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
SO all the talk of Clements walking ... did this guy do anything in his first game against the Jets?? I didn't get to watch the game, but I think I remember his name being called a couple times. Anyone?

RockStar36
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
He was out there but didn't stand out. Didn't really expect him to in his first game.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Buckeye corners are interchangable

RockStar36
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
To a point. Clements is move valuable than his stats show.

LtBillsFan66
12-12-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't think you can judge the guy by how may plays he made, rather by how many he DIDN'T. He was out there, and didn't get burned or beat, so he must have done his job well.

casdhf
12-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Thats what I was thinking ... for a first game, it sounds like he held his own.

Kerr
12-12-2006, 09:13 AM
He only had 3 assists. But still, what more would you expect from the guys first game.

Dicknoze69
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Most people didn't even realize he was playing. This shows that he did his job well, but had no big plays.

ICE74129
12-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Most people didn't even realize he was playing. This shows that he did his job well, but had no big plays.

Exactly

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I noticed Youboty on a couple plays.. He had one very impressive pass break up, that I noticed. It's very nice to see him out on the field either way, that's for sure.

justasportsfan
12-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I'd like to see what he can do against better wrs . The jets aren't exactly one of the elite passing teams.

Kerr
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I'd like to see what he can do against better wrs . The jets aren't exactly one of the elite passing teams.

I would say the jets have one of the best short passing games. Coles, Cotchery and McCrerians are a pretty solid group.

justasportsfan
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
I would say the jets have one of the best short passing games. Coles, Cotchery and McCrerians are a pretty solid group.
It's a good group. Don't get me wrong. But I'd like to see him go up against guys like Rigers who owned McGee.

Our Dl made our cb's look better than they are due to pressuring Chad.

justasportsfan
12-12-2006, 10:35 AM
It's a good group. Don't get me wrong. But I'd like to see him go up against guys like Rogers who owned McGee or Chad Johnsons of thie NFL.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
It's a good group. Don't get me wrong. But I'd like to see him go up against guys like Rogers who owned McGee or Chad Johnsons of thie NFL.

Well, it's not like the AFC East is exactly loaded at the WR position. Caldwell, Chambers and Coles are the best WR's he will have to face on a regular basis, which isn't bad. As far as him going up against Chad Johnson, we may get to see that Week 1 next year..

TigerJ
12-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I think the most important stat a CB can have is pass breakups. When a CB is getting lots of tackles that tells you one of two things. Either he's letting his receivers catch a lot of balls, or he's making tackles in run support, which means the runners are making it to the second level a lot. That means your defensive line and linebackers are struggling. It's great to have DBs that can tackle, and I want that, but only if they are really good in pass coverage and don't have to make that many tackles.

So, anyone know how many passes he defensed?

madness
12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
0 tackles 3 assists and 0 pd's.

jamze132
12-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Didn't the coaches seemed impressed with his play? They said he looked like he had done this before. Check out the article on the front page.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I think the most important stat a CB can have is pass breakups. When a CB is getting lots of tackles that tells you one of two things. Either he's letting his receivers catch a lot of balls, or he's making tackles in run support, which means the runners are making it to the second level a lot. That means your defensive line and linebackers are struggling. It's great to have DBs that can tackle, and I want that, but only if they are really good in pass coverage and don't have to make that many tackles.

Passes defended and interceptions are important. Tackles are important as well, you want a CB that can help with the run support.

TigerJ
12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
I agree, BillsFever, but as I said, when your DBs are making lots of tackles in run support, that might be saying things about your line and your linebackers that aren't particularly good. If the DB doesn't make the tackle, the other team makes a TD. But when the DB is making the tackle instead of the lineman, the running back is gaining 10-15 yards instead of 3 yards.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM

That's not entirely true - I remember watching Antoine Winfield make a ton of tackles in run support for little to no gain, so scheme comes into play a lot too.