• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Bills kept things simple for JP

I ran across this blurb in an article on young QBs in S. I. CNN.com

"Unless you're somebody like San Diego's Phillip Rivers or Dallas's Tony Romo, players who have had a few years to sit and learn, there's simply a lot for younger quarterbacks to digest, sometimes too much. Says Buffalo coach Dick Jauron: "There are so many things that can occur on a given play. You have to consider all the multiple fronts a quarterback can see and all the multiple pressures. He has to make decisions on all those things. I believe it's easy for us coaches to say that it's not a lot. This one more play won't be too much. But it is a lot, particularly if a guy is just learning."
    Jauron and his staff have made a conscious effort to minimize the package they give to third-year quarterback J.P. Losman because they think it would still be counter-productive to throw too much at him. They're especially reluctant to give him too many complicated plays in passing situations on third downs, simply because they don't think he's ready to handle those challenges yet, especially not behind a weak offensive line. The Bills currently rank 30th in the NFL in third-down conversions because of that approach but they've seen Losman progress. After struggling mightily while trying to fit into Mike Mularkey's offense last season, Losman is gaining more confidence and his completion percentage has improved from 49.6 percent in 2005 to 63.2 this season."

More evidence that Dick Jauron and his staff has a better grasp of how to handle a young QB than did Mike Mularkey and his gang. Discus if you like.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills kept things simple for JP

especially not behind a weak offensive line.

That can't be emphasized enough

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
      especially not behind a weak offensive line.

That can't be emphasized enough
      Much better since bye.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Simplified O yet the bills have either met or surpassed everyones expectations except Skooby. Can't wait to see what JP can do once he's already a bonafide qb who has enough experience to call his own plays as he sees fit and once he's good at reading defenses with an OL and running game to help him out and better weapons.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

ICE & gr8, you're both right. But gr8, you've got to admit, they're still pretty weak.

Anyway, I'm wondering why they don't think he's ready for more this far into the season. They kept him in the pocket, and now he can throw from there. They let him roll out, which we already knew he could do. I've also noticed that his hand offs are improving, as well as fake hand offs. What do they want to teach him next...pump fakes?
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Simplified O yet the bills have either met or surpassed everyones expectations except Skooby. Can't wait to see what JP can do once he's already a bonafide qb who has enough experience to call his own plays as he sees fit and once he's good at reading defenses with an OL and running game to help him out and better weapons.
            I keep a high standard, lol.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Interesting..

Anybody know where to find ESPN's Quarterback Power Rankings? I swear, I looked all over that damn site and I couldn't find it.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                Interesting..

Anybody know where to find ESPN's Quarterback Power Rankings? I swear, I looked all over that damn site and I couldn't find it.
                Here's week 13. This week hasn't been posted yet, probably later some time today.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by madness
                  Here's week 13. This week hasn't been posted yet, probably later some time today.
                  Where is it, did you forget to post it?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                    ICE & gr8, you're both right. But gr8, you've got to admit, they're still pretty weak.

Anyway, I'm wondering why they don't think he's ready for more this far into the season. They kept him in the pocket, and now he can throw from there. They let him roll out, which we already knew he could do. I've also noticed that his hand offs are improving, as well as fake hand offs. What do they want to teach him next...pump fakes?
                    Because when you can't run, they blitz the passer. When they do that with no threat of the run, he has no time to read the defense and let patterns develop.

they can't let him loose until the OL is fixed. I am sure they will try to pimp our current guys on us for next year saying 'they just need to jell' all the while JP will be running for his life next year too.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      Where is it, did you forget to post it?

So who's the NFL's best QB? Who's the worst? And where does your team's QB rank? Scouts Inc.'s Gary Horton ranks the QBs 1-32.

Comment

Working...
                      X