PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching NFL LIVE???

SquishDaFish
12-12-2006, 03:21 PM
My dad called me and said they were talking about NFL making Miami forfeit their victory to PAts because they paid someone on Pats team for a tape of Bradys audibles. And thats the reason they killed the pats O so much. Smart Mo Fos if its true lol.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Dolphins Engage in Counter-Espionage (http://www.finheaven.com/News/Miami_Dolphins/Dolphins_Engage_in_Counter-Espionage_200612113607/)

http://www.finheaven.com/mambots/content/tagbot/images//icons/delicious.16px.gif (http://del.icio.us/post?v=4&noui&jump=close&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finheaven.com%2FNews%2FMiami_Dolphins%2FDolphins_Engage_in_Counter-Espionage_200612113607%2F&title=FinHeaven-Dolphins+Engage+in+Counter-Espionage)http://www.finheaven.com/mambots/content/tagbot/images//icons/digg.16px.gif (http://digg.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finheaven.com%2FNews%2FMiami_Dolphins%2FDolphins_Engage_in_Counter-Espionage_200612113607%2F)http://www.finheaven.com/mambots/content/tagbot/images//icons/furl.16px.gif (http://www.furl.net/storeIt.jsp?t=FinHeaven-Dolphins+Engage+in+Counter-Espionage&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finheaven.com%2FNews%2FMiami_Dolphins%2FDolphins_Engage_in_Counter-Espionage_200612113607%2F)http://www.finheaven.com/mambots/content/tagbot/images//icons/spurl.16px.gif (http://www.spurl.net/spurl.php?v=3&title=FinHeaven-Dolphins+Engage+in+Counter-Espionage&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finheaven.com%2FNews%2FMiami_Dolphins%2FDolphins_Engage_in_Counter-Espionage_200612113607%2F)
December 11, 2006
http://www.finheaven.com/images/stories/Saban3.jpg[PB Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/11/finsgamer_1211.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46)] Greg Bedard's writes:

The plan the Dolphins used to once again thwart Tom Brady - all four of his games with fewer than 100 yards passing have come against Miami - actually began last season after New England's 23-16 victory over the Dolphins on Nov. 13.

To this day, the Dolphins are convinced the Patriots stole their defensive signals in advance of that game. That insider knowledge, the Dolphins believe, allowed New England to know Miami was blitzing - and to adjust accordingly - on the game-winning 17-yard touchdown pass from Brady to Benjamin Watson with 2:16 to play.

This week, the Dolphins got even. Instead of just watching the soundless coaches' films to scout the Patriots, Miami purchased films that had audio of the signals Brady gives at the line - specifically the Patriots' signals to the offensive line that control Brady's protection. Armed with that information, the Dolphins listened to Brady's calls Sunday and adjusted where they brought pressure.

"I think that helped a lot," said Zach Thomas.

The Dolphins also spent extra time in practice and meetings installing new blitz packages designed by defensive coordinator Dom Capers and working to disguise what they were going to do against Brady.

"If you show your hand early, he'll burn you," said safety Yeremiah Bell, who had a sack, forced fumble and recovered fumble. "What we wanted to do was kind of play with him a little bit. We know he waits until the play clock gets late before he does anything. So what we did was when he was playing around with us, we were just playing around with him.

"When it was time to hike that ball, he didn't know what we were going to do."

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
HAHAAHAHAHAHA, this is the first and last time I will ever say this. GOOOO MIAMI, GOOD JOB! :up:

SquishDaFish
12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Good lol Screw the Pats and Brokeback Brady!

shelby
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Is there a rule against that?

SquishDaFish
12-12-2006, 03:33 PM
NFL is investigating. Thats what NFL LIVE was saying. And if they do find them guilty of breaking rules that they would forfeit the game.

PECKERWOOD
Is there a rule against that?

lol, I don't know but it sure is ****ed up.

shelby
:doh:

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
NFL is investigating. Thats what NFL LIVE was saying. And if they do find them guilty of breaking rules that they would forfeit the game.

Good, that's win - win for me. Tom Brady gets JACKED UP! And Miami gets the L, Saaaaaaweeet.

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
:lmao: That would be hilarious!

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
That will be bull**** if that happens. Did ****ing Brady call the league crying? That would just show that the NFL STILL wants the Pats in the Super Bowl and if you guys really want that then you are pretty :limp:

Historian
12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical fish.

Lying, cheating felony committing muther****ers.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
That will be bull**** if that happens. Did ****ing Brady call the league crying? That would just show that the NFL STILL wants the Pats in the Super Bowl and if you guys really want that then you are pretty :limp:

hahaha... Badabababba I'm lovin it!

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
folks are losing credibility fast in this thread. Clearly you want the Pats to keep winning it all

Michael82
12-12-2006, 03:39 PM
folks are losing credibility fast in this thread. Clearly you want the Pats to keep winning it all
:puke:

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:40 PM

No, it's just nice to see both teams get dicked over!

Goobylal
12-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Gee. I want the Pats-Raiders playoff game in 2001 to be forfeited because of a horrible call. And how about that "just give it to 'em" game back in 1998 between the Bills and Pats where Troy Brown caught the ball short and out of bounds, which screwed the Bills out of hosting Miami in the playoffs that year?

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 03:41 PM
This is really a odd situation, they did it but what do you do about it?

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:41 PM
hahaha... Badabababba I'm lovin it!:negrep: First honestly deserving neg I have given in a long, long time. Siding with :limp: Brady is just nuts. WOW!!

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
They should take the win away from Miami, but not give the Pats the win.

Both teams lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be almost orgasmic!

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
No, it's just nice to see both teams get dicked over!Pats would get a W. How exactly do they get dicked other than in the shower after the game:idunno:

Historian
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
This is really a odd situation, they did it but what do you do about it?

Disband the Miami franchise.

Tear down No Pro Bowl Player Stadium.

Nuke the city and give it back to the alligators.

:up:

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Pats would get a W. How exactly do they get dicked other than in the shower after the game:idunno:

Well because the Patriots are already going to the playoffs, might as well! If the fish get the L, they are last in the AFC East!

But I agree with Lecter, take the W away from Miami and don't give it to the Patriots!

CuseJetsFan83
ive never heard of a statute....... to me the calling of the audibles could just be considered game tape.... with really enhanced audio..... if the nfl makes them forfeit, as much as i hate the fish, they slaughtered the pats...... and ill be damned if they can receive the afc east that way

LtFinFan66
NFL is investigating. Thats what NFL LIVE was saying. And if they do find them guilty of breaking rules that they would forfeit the game.seems like if there was a rule, they would not have to investigate? Don't they know their own rules? Perhaps they are waiting for Brady and BB to draft a new rule to slide into the rule book. But they have to wait till Brady quits sobbing, sucking his thumb and come out of the corner

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
They should also take a win away from the Jets, just for the hell of it!

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Disband the Miami franchise.

Tear down No Pro Bowl Player Stadium.

Nuke the city and give it back to the alligators.

:up::blah:

Historian
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
ive never heard of a statute....... to me the calling of the audibles could just be considered game tape.... with really enhanced audio..... if the nfl makes them forfeit, as much as i hate the fish, they slaughtered the pats...... and ill be damned if they can receive the afc east that way

No biggie.

Take the win away from the fish...and give it to the Jets!

Problem solved.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2006, 03:51 PM
It isn't BS if there is a specific rule in place and the Phins broke that rule. Now if there isn't one and one is made up on the spot then it is in fact BS, and more Tom Brady Ball licking!

The_Philster
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM

only almost? I just popped a woody thinking about that

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I can hear the song " Don't Fear the Reaper " kick in when Miami is forced to forfeit the win.

CuseJetsFan83
12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
No biggie.

Take the win away from the fish...and give it to the Jets!

Problem solved.

by golly, that cockamanie scheme might just work!

CuseJetsFan83
12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
only almost? I just popped a woody thinking about that
ewwwwwww TMI

DynaPaul
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Screw the Patriots. I'm sure they've been doing the same crap for the past 5 years. Good for the Dolphins.

Devin
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Honestly I could give a damn either way as I hate both teams. I hate Miami more.

The only upside to me is it helps the Bills. We were not going to catch the Pats anyway. So a Fin loss helps.

Eitherway I dont think thats gonna happen.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Honestly I could give a damn either way as I hate both teams. I hate Miami more.

The only upside to me is it helps the Bills. We were not going to catch the Pats anyway. So a Fin loss helps.

Eitherway I dont think thats gonna happen.

We will take care of the fins ourselves this weekend but we do not want a reason for baltimore to sweat their last game, like being tied with the pats.

gr8slayer
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Screw the Pats!

HHURRICANE
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I love it!! It's really a win-win. First off, there is no way in hell that Miami is going to have to forfeit the win. I love the fact that Brady and company got smacked. However, i love the fact that Miami is being accused of essentially cheating.

It's truly a win-win. The cheaters beating the whinny homos. I love it.

Historian
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
:blah:

"This is hell Frank...and I'm going to give you the guided tour!"
-Donald Sutherland, Lock Up.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
lol, Skooby missed out on this one. He could have made this the: " Patriots and Fins Get Screwed & Rep Thread! "

gr8slayer
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
lol, Skooby missed out on this one. He could have made this the: " Patriots and Fins Get Screwed & Rep Thread! "
lol, don't give him any ideas.

ShadowHawk7
12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that would be really good for us, because it would break Miami's spirit and drive to make the playoffs.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
lol, don't give him any ideas.

hmmmmmmmmmm.....

BAM
12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Has a win ever been reversed in the NFL? Post-game?

Samphin1
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
First off, no one is forfeiting anything. Miami didn't do anything illegal and quite frankly, I am upset they blabbed about it. They should do this every week. I am surprised that no one else is doing this. I always assumed that this was done anyway.

Furthermore, if there is an investigation (which I doubt), Miami has already stated that New England did this to them first, you would have to go back and punish New England as well.

New England got outplayed, outcoached and outclassed, and they can't handle it.

BAM
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Probably just another example of Billycheck crying about a loss.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM

God forbid that the NFL's golden boys ever lose a game.

Historian
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
If the fish had any honor at all...they would forfeit the game.

justasportsfan
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
As much as I hate the fins, it's another situation of the NFL protecting their beloved Pats. It's getting soooooo obvious, it's pathetic.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM

if that happened, I'd be convinced that I'm dead and in heaven.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 05:03 PM
if that happened, I'd be convinced that I'm dead and in heaven.

you'd probably be laying next to the gal in your avatar as well, then you know you we're in heaven, lol.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
you'd probably be laying next to the gal in your avatar as well, then you know you we're in heaven, lol.

I wouldn't be laying next to her, I'd be laying on her.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
If the fish had any honor at all...they would forfeit the game.:blah:

Samphin1
12-12-2006, 05:24 PM

See, I would be LAYING her...even better! :lol:

ublinkwescore
12-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I think we both had the same idea.

get your own version of heaven.

quit ruining mine phart fan.

clumping platelets
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
:movie:

HHURRICANE
12-12-2006, 07:05 PM

I'm still laughing. Very good SKOOB!!!!

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 07:15 PM

LOL! OK that's cool.

X-Era
12-12-2006, 07:41 PM
My dad called me and said they were talking about NFL making Miami forfeit their victory to PAts because they paid someone on Pats team for a tape of Bradys audibles. And thats the reason they killed the pats O so much. Smart Mo Fos if its true lol.

You watch, the Bills will end up with a tied every thing and the NFL still wont make a decision on this. What then? They postpone the playoffs to resolve this mess? Yet another Florida debacle, anyone got James Bakers number?

Can you say hanging chads?

YardRat
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I hate Miami as much as, if not more than, any Bills fan on this board, but if the NFL actually attempts to change the outcome of the game that's just plain bull**** and the defining proof to me that the league is rigged.

It ain't gonna happen, folks. There may be fines, or suspensions of some manner, but no way in hell the league starts deciding the games on paper and not on the field.

Good for Miami, **** the Patriots...after all the **** they've pulled over the last decade they deserve to get shot in the ass.

LtFinFan66
12-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I hate Miami as much as, if not more than, any Bills fan on this board, but if the NFL actually attempts to change the outcome of the game that's just plain bull**** and the defining proof to me that the league is rigged.

It ain't gonna happen, folks. There may be fines, or suspensions of some manner, but no way in hell the league starts deciding the games on paper and not on the field.

Good for Miami, **** the Patriots...after all the **** they've pulled over the last decade they deserve to get shot in the ass.Agreed! Whose to say they would have won anyway

SquishDaFish
12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Screw the Pats they deserve it.

RedEyE
12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I just read this and I'm floored!

Wow! I'm curious about the details. Someone was paid to leak Brady's audibles? Or someone was paid to record them?

There is a big difference here and a fine line in morals as well.

While if someone on the Patriots devulged this information for money, then that individual should be banned from the NFL for life (hello Pete Rose), along with a sadistic (and probably much enjoyed) slap on the pee pee of the Dolphins organization. I can't say a forfiet would be out of the questio in this case.

Now, if this was just simply some poor schmuck hired by the Dolphins to record Brady practicing and fix a camera on him game day, then all is well in the world and this seems perfectly legal to me.

mysticsoto
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I just heard on the NFL Network about this and I'm appalled by it and by how many here are essentially clapping their hands and applauding it. This spits at the integrity of the NFL and even if it's against a team that I want to lose, I still find it disgusting that it was done. How might some of you feel if something like this would have been done to the Bills - all of you would be up in arms about it!!!

Any way you look at it, this was a disgusting act and I hope the NFL comes down hard on whoever leaked the information in the Pats camp as well as some type of appropriate punishment against Miami.

Disgusting!!! :cynic:

Mitchy moo
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Any way you look at it, this was a disgusting act and I hope the NFL comes down hard on whoever leaked the information in the Pats camp as well as some type of appropriate punishment against Miami.

Let's put snow machines on the sidelines and blow snow on the field, that will teach them.

MikeInRoch
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Sportscenter just said that the NFL will not be investigating it, in part because the Patriots have not complained.

MikeInRoch
12-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I just heard on the NFL Network about this and I'm appalled by it and by how many here are essentially clapping their hands and applauding it. This spits at the integrity of the NFL and even if it's against a team that I want to lose, I still find it disgusting that it was done. How might some of you feel if something like this would have been done to the Bills - all of you would be up in arms about it!!!

I don't agree AT ALL. How does this spit on integrity? They didn't break ANY rules. What is the difference between this and trying to interpret their signals during the game? Or trying to figure out what play they are going to run based on the formation, package, or down/distance situation?

Would looking at game file to study tendencies be against the integrity of the game?

This is not worse than the Patriot signing a player from Buffalo after they were cut and drilling them for information about game plans, etc. Which as you might recall happened before the first game of the season this year.

Goobylal
12-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Sportscenter just said that the NFL will not be investigating it, in part because the Patriots have not complained.
Of course they haven't. Because if they did, they'd be investigated for doing this stuff and probably worse things. Remember that Miami bought the "additional footage" because they felt the Pats stole their calls last year. And Belichick has a well-known history of cheating any chance he can get.

Luisito23
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Dirty, and classless fish as always.....:puke:...

GO BILLS!!!!!

raphael120
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
yeah i dont know if i like the idea of the fins doin this to the bills, if thats what they are doing.

if its wrong, then its wrong, but if its legal, then you have to be prepared and adapt to teams playing like that and knowing more than you think they know. im sure if you knew what words meant what, the opposing team youre trying to punk can punk you back by making you pay for it and change up meanings of words/blitzes/calls.

DolfanTom
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Dirty, and classless fish as always.....:puke:...

GO BILLS!!!!!You are really THAT clueless??

Have you not been paying attention? It's all legal, widely done throughout the league (most notably by .... the PATRIOTS).

Hate us all you want, but you can't knock this. You should be admiring it!

DolfanTom
12-13-2006, 11:43 AM
This is not worse than the Patriot signing a player from Buffalo after they were cut and drilling them for information about game plans, etc. Which as you might recall happened before the first game of the season this year.BB is notorious for this. He did this w/ Heath Evans last year against us - and there's no doubt in my mind that's why he signed Seau right before camp this year.

Whatever, it works. I'm just glad to see someone else using some of his tactics (Saban! :dance:). Why should BB be the only one benefitting?

ublinkwescore
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I just read this and I'm floored!

Wow! I'm curious about the details. Someone was paid to leak Brady's audibles? Or someone was paid to record them?

There is a big difference here and a fine line in morals as well.

While if someone on the Patriots devulged this information for money, then that individual should be banned from the NFL for life (hello Pete Rose), along with a sadistic (and probably much enjoyed) slap on the pee pee of the Dolphins organization. I can't say a forfiet would be out of the questio in this case.

Now, if this was just simply some poor schmuck hired by the Dolphins to record Brady practicing and fix a camera on him game day, then all is well in the world and this seems perfectly legal to me.

According to the NFL Network, the Patriots are notorious for doing this crap, obviously they can dish it out, but they can't take it. I don't know how any true fan of football could like the patriots after hearing that crap. THE PATRIOTS ARE A DISGRACE TO PRO FOOTBALL IN THE U.S.

MikeInRoch
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
According to the NFL Network, the Patriots are notorious for doing this crap, obviously they can dish it out, but they can't take it.

On what basis do you say "they can't take it"? I've heard zero complaints from them about it...

Historian
12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
THE FISH ARE A DISGRACE TO PRO FOOTBALL IN THE U.S.

Fixed it for ya', ublink.

Goobylal
12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
On what basis do you say "they can't take it"? I've heard zero complaints from them about it...
True, they haven't complained. But that's ONLY because they've been doing it for years. As has been mentioned by DolfanTom, the Pats are notorious for signing players from the AFC East teams, with the obvious intention of stealing signals.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I bet Mike Tomczak got the tapes for them.

mysticsoto
12-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't agree AT ALL. How does this spit on integrity? They didn't break ANY rules. What is the difference between this and trying to interpret their signals during the game? Or trying to figure out what play they are going to run based on the formation, package, or down/distance situation?

Would looking at game file to study tendencies be against the integrity of the game?

This is not worse than the Patriot signing a player from Buffalo after they were cut and drilling them for information about game plans, etc. Which as you might recall happened before the first game of the season this year.

I misunderstood. I caught the tail end of this on NFL network and thought that the Fins had paid someone out to give them video of talks inside the locker room and more "inside info".

I still think it's kind of low to have to resort to this. It definitely means you don't trust that your team can beat them straight up so you resort to cheap tactics.

Personally, I don't care that BB has done this before and I don't care for this sort of thing. Can you imagine any of the old great coaches doing any of this? They didn't have to. They were good at what they do!!!

I guess Saban needs all the help he can get to counter the poor job Mularkey is doing though...

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Mularkey has thrown some bone headed plays our way, especially in the beginning of the season, but it seems like our higher ranking in offense must be in spite of MM, not because of him.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Mularkey has thrown some bone headed plays our way, especially in the beginning of the season, but it seems like our higher ranking in offense must be in spite of MM, not because of him.

You ever see any Miami players come to Buffalo? We never take home the trash just put it out.

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
You ever see any Miami players come to Buffalo? We never take home the trash just put it out.

Skooby, why do you repeat your same posts? No offense, but they're not even that clever to begin with brudda.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Skooby, why do you repeat your same posts? No offense, but they're not even that clever to begin with brudda.

Is your definition of clever to be a fan of a bisexual mammal?

I don't think fin fans have the mental capacity to judge what's "clever".