PDA

View Full Version : Does the lack of activity worry you?

northernbillfan
03-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Are you worried that we may be moving too slow in this round of FA?

There has not been much action in the Bills camp this year, and I was wondering if you are worried that we will be stuck with sloppy seconds.

I think TD has a plan, and is pacing himself.

Thoughts.

don137
03-03-2003, 03:25 PM
No, unfortunately TD is playing the waiting game regarding Spikes and Price. I think he is hoping the Bengals drop the tag on Spikes soon (could happen if they sign Sam Adams) and waiting for Atlanta to realize Price is the guy they want. Atlanta is probably waiting for Buffalo to feel pressured to lower there asking price. One big poker game....

LtBillsFan66
03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
No. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Also, there will be more cuts and players available before June 1.

We got stuff done last year - in no real hurry. It was a much more dire situation last year too.

TedMock
03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Agreed. I'm not concerned yet. I think they need a DT or at least a 1st rounder to get a DT sooner than later though. So I'm hoping this Price thing is figured out fast. Either trade him for the first rounder or free up the cash ASAP.

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2003, 03:38 PM
:shakeno: I don't want us relying on June 1 cuts to fix our weaknesses. 99% of the guys released then are 2nd tier players which will be of no help to us.

Even if TD has his eyes on a quality player which he thinks will be released after June 1, there is no guarantee he would even be released. Too big a gamble to play that game.

LtBillsFan66
03-03-2003, 03:41 PM
I don’t buy into the speculation. I’m patient. I judge drafts and FA periods after they happen. Well after they happen. Like into the first few weeks of the regular season. Come on, be honest, how many people were shocked that we drafted Josh Reed last year? Turned out to be a great pick, no?

“Stay tuned.”

MelK
03-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Everybody is looking at the Redskins as a measuring stick for free agency- big mistake.

Outside of the 'skins- not a heck of a lot of signings going on- only 2 or 3 of the top 10 have been grabbed.

The Redskins want to get some holes filled BEFORE the draft- so they can concentrate on filling only 1 or 2 glaring needs on draft day. I think this is a clear indication that they will make a hard charge at a QB- Grossman or Ragone.

There will be plenty of options out there to chose from- TD is no dummy.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2003, 03:49 PM
not at all.according to the newspaper,USA TODAY,we're in the s.adams sweepstakes with cincinatti.

MelK
03-03-2003, 03:52 PM
TD has a history of forgoing the big- high priced - flashy guy for very good players who allow him to leave his options open.

Teague is a perfect example. He signed him at LT money so if Joey Harrington was available, or if Mike Williams was taken, or if a deal for the #4 pick was to good to pass up, he would have a suitable starter.

Teague was versitile enough so when the Bills did get Big Mike, they had the options of moving Teague around. He's overpriced at Center, but if there were any injuries to the Buffalo line like we had in 2001, Teague could fill in almost anywhere.

Sit back, enjoy the offseason. TD hasn't been hoodwinked yet, and he has some great plans for sure!!

Bulldog
03-03-2003, 03:53 PM
The Redskins already have Ramsy and they just signed Rob Johnson. Why would they go after a QB in the draft? IMO, this is Daniel Snyder being the idiot that he is. The Redskins already proved a couple of years ago that you can't buy a championship!

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Will they need cap space (release Spikes) to sign Sam Adams?

MelK
03-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
The Redskins already have Ramsy and they just signed Rob Johnson. Why would they go after a QB in the draft? IMO, this is Daniel Snyder being the idiot that he is. The Redskins already proved a couple of years ago that you can't buy a championship!

Is Ramsey really the answer? The Skins came close to trading him last preseason.

Spurrier is unpredictable. If the game breaking WR is gone at that spot, he might go after his boy Grossman.

LtBillsFan66
03-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by MelK
Sit back, enjoy the offseason. TD hasn't been hoodwinked yet, and he has some great plans for sure!!

Great advice!

Mr. Anonymous
03-03-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm not nervous yet, but it won't take much longer if we don't at least work out a trade for Price.

venis2k1
03-03-2003, 04:58 PM
I hear that, i would be alot more excited once this price thing is worked out.

colin
03-03-2003, 06:49 PM
it has been 3 freaking days for crying out loud

Ingtar33
03-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by colin
it has been 3 freaking days for crying out loud

as ever the voice of reason... damn straight... wait until the end of August before we tar and feather TD

Tatonka
03-03-2003, 09:39 PM
i agree.. look at all the teams that havent made any moves yet... gimme a break.. we have added three players in 2 weeks.

it is not like our team needs a total turn over like the redskins.. we need an OLB and a DT.. maybe a WR.. we still have a draft coming up.. chill

justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree.. look at all the teams that havent made any moves yet... gimme a break.. we have added three players in 2 weeks.

It's already been 2 weeks? :scratch: Damn TD better get his A$$ moving.

TigerJ
03-03-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm sure Washington has a plan. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a sound plan. I'm sure TD has a plan too. Between the two, I'd put my money on TD's.

Judge
03-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
[B I don't want us relying on June 1 cuts to fix our weaknesses. 99% of the guys released then are 2nd tier players which will be of no help to us.
B]

Tell that to the New England Patriots in 2001.

TD's a personnel and cap genius. No question about it. He will know how to mine those second tier free agents to make this team better. If he can do that and still afford a top "big name" FA, then all the better. I'm betting that this team will be a Super Bowl contender with or without a ":big name" FA after this offseason.

Judge
03-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

it is not like our team needs a total turn over like the redskins.. we need an OLB and a DT.. maybe a WR.. we still have a draft coming up.. chill

It's March 4. The free agency period really kicked off 3/1. How is that 2 weeks?