PDA

View Full Version : NFL Says Dolphins Broke No Rules

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 06:14 AM
The NFL said Tuesday there is no rule that would prohibit the Dolphins from practicing such a strategy -- even if they ''purchased'' the videos. Saban said Monday the Dolphins watched TV clips of Brady to get the calls, a strategy he admitted to helping his team.

NFL-NOTHING WRONG (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16226012.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

I think the if the Pats are miffed, it's becuase they'e probably been doing this for quite some time, so they're mad that someone else is employing this strategy. Pats, stop yer crying, ya got beat.

SABURZFAN
12-13-2006, 06:50 AM
CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamze132
12-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Personally, I think every team should do whatever it takes to win. But that's mu opinion.

I also Quality Control guys watching the telecast during the game to see if they can pick up on anytyhing that can't always be seen on the field.

Historian
12-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Filthy ass fish.

May they all die on a beach.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 06:54 AM
They are condoning this type of sneaky behavior, it's sad.

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
They are condoning this type of sneaky behavior, it's sad.

get smug much?

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 07:04 AM
get smug much?

I'll take an empty glass please, to smell my own.............

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Filthy ass fish.

Ask and you shall receive:

http://galleries.media24.com/News24/134/dolphin3.jpg

Below: JOEY!!

http://galleries.media24.com/News24/134/dolphin1.jpg

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I'll take an empty glass please, to smell my own.............

You should really watch a Southpark episode that was on not too long ago, that involved the whole town starting to drive hybrid cars, especially with the smelling your own part, lol.

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 07:09 AM
I forgot that I could use my Firefox extension called, AdBlock, which I can use to block images so that they don't appear. Good use for immature posts that are used when certain people aren't really that clever, especially when they have to repeat the same thing that really wasn't that clever to start with!!!

Mitchy moo
12-13-2006, 07:10 AM
You should really watch a Southpark episode that was on not too long ago, that involved the whole town starting to drive hybrid cars, especially with the smelling your own part, lol.

Like moving to San fran and George Clooney's smug acceptance speech that's going to merge into........................

I seen it, it's a classic. Scary part is I drive a GS450h everyday. I also met clooney in a elevator on Marco Island in a friend of mines high rise condo building on the beach. George live there part of the year and they all share the same fancy elevator and he stepped on it. My buddy is really fat and he will say anything to anyone and he asked clooney if he can be a fat guy in one of his movie's and clooney just laughed his A** off. Clooney then said if he needs anyone for the part he'll call upstairs and bring him in.

TigerJ
12-13-2006, 07:38 AM
The question might be asked, where will this lead. If Saban does it, others will feel compelled to follow in order to gain their own advantage or neutralize the advantage of others. Soon most teams in the NFL will be doing it. At the same time coaches will frantically be trying to develop ways to foil efforts of other teams to do it to them. This probably means placing an ever increasing premium of QBs who are smart enough to change up their audibling tendencies.

It's not against the rules, but only because the rules are usually a step behind the capacity of people to be devious. If the NFL can formulate some kind of rule to prevent this in the future, I hope they do, mainly because this tactic further shifts the game away from man against man, on the field of play and toward technology, spying, and other off the field issues. Has Belichick done the same thing? I wouldn't put it past him. He almost certainly will be among the first to mimic Saban. They are cut from the same mold as coaches. They are not doing the game of football any favors.

Historian
12-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Amen, Tiger!

DolfanTom
12-13-2006, 08:38 AM
CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!Apparently, you don't realize the Patsies did the EXACT same thing to us last November.

By your logic, then breaking down film at all would be cheating. Like trying to see what moves a DB will bite on, etc. Oh NO - that wide receiver had inside knowledge and knew that DB would bite on an out-and-up move ..... NOOOOOO. Why God, WHYYYYYYYYY????

Nothing wrong was done! Get over it!

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Who cares if you cheated? Ric Flair did it all the time.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Who cares if you cheated? Ric Flair did it all the time.:lmao:

HHURRICANE
12-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I actually give kudos to Miami on this one. I hate the Pats because they have been the benefactors of some ridiculous officiating, especially this year. The fact that they got their asses spanked and than had the nerve to whine about it just goes to tell you what kind of slime ball Bellichek is. I'd rather have Marv with 4 Super Bowl losses than Bill with his wife cheating, arrogant, smirk, on my sideline.

LtFinFan66
12-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Filthy ass fish.

May they all die on a beach.:blah:

Dozerdog
12-13-2006, 09:30 AM
NFL-NOTHING WRONG (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16226012.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

I think the if the Pats are miffed, it's becuase they'e probably been doing this for quite some time, so they're mad that someone else is employing this strategy. Pats, stop yer crying, ya got beat.
Only one analyst -- former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury -- thought the league should look into the matter if indeed the Dolphins purchased the videos.
''If it was that easy to get the audio, everyone would be doing it,'' Salisbury said on SportsCenter. ``The NFL needs to look into it. If [the Dolphins] went out and bought a tape in order to get advantage, that's cheating. The NFL would have to step in. If you're going to purchase bootleg videos, it's cheating.''
Replied ESPN reporter John Clayton: ``That's just good coaching on the part of the Dolphins.''

Sean should STFU.

Let me get this straight- ESPN has been on the cutting edge of bringing us the most ridiculous coverage in sports. First with in-car cameras in NASCAR. Cameras in NHL nets. Helmet cams. That stupid camera that flies over the field giving you the "video game angles" for football. Putting microphones on players. Putting cameras on referees. If they could- we would have the sphincter cam placed up the Center's ass pointed right at the QB

Then the Doplhins come along and use this footage to beat one of the smartest QBs in the game.

(*TAKE NOTE* THis won't ever happen again-) Good for the fins.

Now that the compliment is past us, I hope the Fins rot in hell for 1000 years

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
If they could- we would have the sphincter cam placed up the Center's ass pointed right at the QB.
You're getting Bling all excited.

DynaPaul
12-13-2006, 11:21 AM

I agree. For years I've doubted that their defense was so good because of the scheme. Some of the players on their defense are barely average especially considering the rash of injuries in their secondary some time ago. The same goes for the offense. Aside from the QB, RB, and TE there really isn't much talent on the offense. Their WRs suck and the OL is decent. Sounds like they've been keying in on other teams verbal signals and are pissed because the Dolphins blew the lid off the whole scheme.

Don't forget Saban worked under Belichick. I'm sure Nick knows quite a bit how old Mr. Personality runs the show.

Now if only they could figure out how to slant the officiating as well...

DynaPaul
12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
If they could- we would have the sphincter cam placed up the Center's ass pointed right at the QB

Brilliant! You should put a patent on that before I do.

feelthepain
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Filthy ass fish.

Dude you have issues, do you by any chance own a sheep farm???

G. Host
12-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I do not see any issues unless they bought the tape from someone who sneakef into a private practice pr snuck a video camera into a stadium and filmed the game from a different angle for supposedly filming NFL games privately is illegal.

Ickybaluky
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
The Patriots weren't upset by this, it wasn't their controversy. In fact, they downplayed the effect it had on the outcome of the game and said they had no problem with it.

Belichick: "I stand out on that field every day, as do our defensive players – who are pretty smart players – and I don’t see it,” he said. “If I can’t pick it up and our players can’t pick it up, with what we know and the opportunity to see and work against each other, I have a hard time thinking somebody else [could]."

Brady: "Yeah, someone told me about that on Monday, but I don’t see that. I’d love to see evidence of that; that they could know exactly what our line calls are. Our defense knows what our line calls are and it doesn’t matter. They could say that, but I think that’s a big crock of you know what. I think it’s a matter of how we played. I’m sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out, but they’re 6-7 and we’re 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out."

Doesn't sound like they care about this so-called "controversy". I think they are more worried about playing better.

Goobylal
12-13-2006, 02:09 PM
NE: Of course the Pats are downplaying it...because THEY are one of the biggest "cheaters" in this regard. The Dols resorted to buying the "additional footage with sound" because they realized the Pats had somehow figured out their calls last year. If the Pats complain, the Dols tell the NFL to investigate the Pats and then all hell breaks loose.

And Brady's comments on the records of the 2 teams sounds pretty petty and immaterial, since the Dols even WITH that record, are 1-1 against the Pats this year. And if you hear a QB bark out protection and see the protection change, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

feelthepain
12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
The Patriots weren't upset by this, it wasn't their controversy. In fact, they downplayed the effect it had on the outcome of the game and said they had no problem with it.

Belichick: "I stand out on that field every day, as do our defensive players – who are pretty smart players – and I don’t see it,” he said. “If I can’t pick it up and our players can’t pick it up, with what we know and the opportunity to see and work against each other, I have a hard time thinking somebody else [could]."

Brady: "Yeah, someone told me about that on Monday, but I don’t see that. I’d love to see evidence of that; that they could know exactly what our line calls are. Our defense knows what our line calls are and it doesn’t matter. They could say that, but I think that’s a big crock of you know what. I think it’s a matter of how we played. I’m sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out, but they’re 6-7 and we’re 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out."

Doesn't sound like they care about this so-called "controversy". I think they are more worried about playing better.

Fact is when Miami shows a team respect we are tough to beat. When we go into a game looking past a team or thinking they aren't very good that's whan Miami loses. It's all about focus for Miami, when they focus they are a force when they don't, we seldom win. And we're winning tough games with Joey Harrington, not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Think what this team could be with a healthy Daunte!!!

Historian
12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Think what this team could be with a healthy Daunte!!!

3-13?

Goobylal
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Fact is when Miami shows a team respect we are tough to beat. When we go into a game looking past a team or thinking they aren't very good that's whan Miami loses. It's all about focus for Miami, when they focus they are a force when they don't, we seldom win. And we're winning tough games with Joey Harrington, not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Think what this team could be with a healthy Daunte!!!
LOL! Spoken like a true homer. No scratch that; an uber-homer.

"When Miami shows a team respect we are tough to beat." :lmao:

Tatonka
12-13-2006, 06:46 PM
I heard brady on NFL channel tonight about the issue.. he said that the dolphins think they have it all figured out but that the pats just didnt play well..

he said "the dolphins are 6-7 and we are 9-4, so who is really the one who has it all figured out?"

:rofl:

what a pecker.

!Papacrunk!
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I heard brady on NFL channel tonight about the issue.. he said that the dolphins think they have it all figured out but that the pats just didnt play well..

he said "the dolphins are 6-7 and we are 9-4, so who is really the one who has it all figured out?"

what a pecker.

lol, I just read the same thing in NE39's post. He may have his rings, and the team has a better record than us, but on Sunday Tom Brady was the QB that finished with 78 yards, some fumbles, and a big 'ol goose egg. I guess we had him pretty much figured out that game at least. I agree w/ Tatonka, what a pecker, lol.

crowder52
12-14-2006, 03:11 AM

what a pecker.

Seriously he needs a hug or something. He's mad that his team got outplayed for once. lol and he is a pecker.