PDA

View Full Version : New NFL Team for Buffalo?

blackonyx89
12-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I hope this is the case. We are diehard fans through and through! If the Cleveland Browns whose franchise left them (and that team's history has done absolutely nothing) can get theirs back,so can we,Right? If not, I'm going back to the alternative idea as far as landing a CFL team. This sucks,but at least it's football! So you think we can get a new team here in place of the Bills?

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 08:50 AM
THere's not a chance in the world that we would get a new team.

justasportsfan
12-13-2006, 08:53 AM
the nfl wouldn't allow it. they're already trying to kick us out.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 08:55 AM
If the Bills left I dont think Buffalo would even exsist anymore. They mean so much to that little town.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
No buffalo and all of us would just disappear.

blackonyx89
12-13-2006, 08:58 AM
I guess we better get a CFL franchise then.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
the nfl wouldn't allow it. they're already trying to kick us out.

No they aren't, they are asking the Bills to just keep up. They can't help WNY won't pay NFL prices to see an NFL Team.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 09:33 AM
If the Bills left I dont think Buffalo would even exsist anymore. They mean so much to that little town. Then they need to pay to keep them. 'But ICE you don't understand..' sure I do. WNY can't afford to keep the Buffalo Bills. Its just how it is.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2006, 11:11 AM
We should have a publicly held team, with shareholders and all.

Yasgur's Farm
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
The NFL, like the NBA, is fast becoming a game for the financially elite.

I gave up golf because of the ever increasing costs. I once attended 10 Buffalo Braves games per year just by mailing in the coupons from milk cartons. For many seasons I attended all Bills home games including the playoffs.

It's a sad day when you understand that football, along with other sporting events, has been pried form the hands of the dead cold body of the blue collar worker.

PromoTheRobot
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
If the Bills left, it would be an opportunity for UB Football to grow. If Turner Gill can make that program a winner, I can see Buffalo supporting it big time, especially if the Bills leave.

PTR

DolfanTom
12-13-2006, 12:14 PM

I gave up golf because of the ever increasing costs. I once attended 10 Buffalo Braves games per year just by mailing in the coupons from milk cartons. For many seasons I attended all Bills home games including the playoffs.

It's a sad day when you understand that football, along with other sporting events, has been pried form the hands of the dead cold body of the blue collar worker.This is true, but at some point, increases will have to stop. There are more blue collar - middle class - folks than the elite wealthy.

That said - for your entertainment dollar, is there much out there that is more fun than going to a game, tailgating and what not? It's an absolute blast!! If you're lucky enough to have a team - and thus, access to this type of entertainment option - if at all possible, shell out the bux!!

Gunzlingr
12-13-2006, 01:04 PM
We should have a publicly held team, with shareholders and all.

They won't allow it, and GB is grandfather in. In my eyes, that would be a perfect scenario for small market teams, then you don't have the moving talk all the time.

Michael82
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
If the Bills left, it would be an opportunity for UB Football to grow. If Turner Gill can make that program a winner, I can see Buffalo supporting it big time, especially if the Bills leave.

PTR
:yawn:

G. Host
12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
The only way I see it as possible is if the Bills could be sold to a fan owned team is if a wealthy white knight would be willing to sue the NFL to say the rule against public ownership was a viloation of an anti-trust law or such. It would be a very expensive ordeal and such a white knight would be better off buying the team for himself.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM

PTR

Good thought, that gave me some hope.. If UB actually became a good team, I would follow them for sure.

DolfanTom
12-13-2006, 03:32 PM
There's always the nearby St. John Fisher Cardinals, or the Brockport Golden Eagles!!

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I would like to see the UB program grow along with whatever fate the Bills franchise faces. College football is better than the pros in many ways. As the NFL becomes more like the NBA, I will look more and more towards college football just as I do basketball.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I would like to see the UB program grow along with whatever fate the Bills franchise faces. College football is better than the pros in many ways. As the NFL becomes more like the NBA, I will look more and more towards college football just as I do basketball. I still have a sentimental attachment to the Knicks, although I really don't follow them much anymore.

YardRat
12-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Put a winning team on the field, and the tickets will sell. WNY doesn't have the economic climate to support a so-so team, but if the product on the field is high-quality, even Buffalonians will spend the money to go to the stadium.

The_Philster
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Put a winning team on the field, and the tickets will sell. WNY doesn't have the economic climate to support a so-so team, but if the product on the field is high-quality, even Buffalonians will spend the money to go to the stadium.
uhhh...we're winning of late...playing pretty well, too....yet we're looking at a 3rd straight blackout

im4bflo
12-13-2006, 10:13 PM
You guys are bumming me out...
Hey, we're playing well enough now, to beat anybody, and why you wouldn't want to be tailgating at a SQUISH the FISH game, well I just don't know what's happened to the (so called) DIEHARD fans I used to brag about.
If I lived a tad closer than CA, I wouldn't miss that game for anything!
And after we SQUISH(SWEEP) the FISH, you fans that are missing out, are going to wish you had gone. SO GO!
GO BILLS! and NEVER leave!

SABuffalo786
12-13-2006, 10:15 PM

It's a sad day when you understand that football, along with other sporting events, has been pried form the hands of the dead cold body of the blue collar worker.

Sports are quickly becoming far too sissified and white collar.

Look around the league and try to compare atmospheres in stadiums around the league compared to the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Where's the intesity, where's the passion? It's just a bunch of upper middle class white people sitting on their hands.

When you're able to buy cocktails at concession stands in Foxboro, there is something seriously wrong with sports.

PECKERWOOD
12-14-2006, 01:42 AM
You guys are bumming me out...
Hey, we're playing well enough now, to beat anybody, and why you wouldn't want to be tailgating at a SQUISH the FISH game, well I just don't know what's happened to the (so called) DIEHARD fans I used to brag about.
If I lived a tad closer than CA, I wouldn't miss that game for anything!
And after we SQUISH(SWEEP) the FISH, you fans that are missing out, are going to wish you had gone. SO GO!
GO BILLS! and NEVER leave!

PREACH IT BROTHER! (In a Howard Dean voice.. ) I'm going to the Miami game!! I'm going to the Tennessee game!! hell I'm going to all the games BYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

:monkeyp: :squish: