X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Did anyone else know about this?

J.P. Losman owns a luxury box at Ralph Wilson Stadium, as have most of the Buffalo Bills starting quarterbacks of the past decade.
    Losman's family, however, sits in the stands, not in the box. Instead, Losman uses the box, which costs about $50,000 a season, to treat schoolchildren to Bills games in a program he started with the Buffalo Public Schools.

I thought this was pretty cool. You can't say he doesn't care about the community.

JP
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did anyone else know about this?

He bought a house right downtown on Oakland ave.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

He's a keeper!
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Man that is really nice of him.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Regardless of what he does on the field... JP has been an exceptionally good Buffalonian! He has really tried to implant himself into this city. He has a VERY hard work ethic (noone can deny that), he plays VERY hard when on the field (even when things aren't going his way), and has made Buffalo his home.

When compared to guys like McGahee.... JP has done an exceptional job trying to fit in and give back to the community that he is trying to become a part of.

Props to JP for that!

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Too bad willis can't get a clue. Its also too bad we still have morons that want to run JP outta town because we have a crap ol and he is still developing.

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

JP is a cool guy for relating his personal experience to these kids & asserting the importance of a good education. I guarantee he gets thru to a lot of them, w/o a doubt.

And you can tell this is not just some casual, obligatory gesture on his behalf. He seems sincere & genuine about what he's doing. And obviously, he can relate to the position some of these kids are in.

I was completely unaware of his personal background all together, so I found this article very surprising.

Originally posted by from the article...

Losman is a product of the Los Angeles public school system. He grew up in Venice, a community of about 40,000 within the L.A. city limits. He did not have a lot of perks growing up. He came from a single-parent home and was one of eight people living in a two-bedroom apartment all through high school.

"I think if I get up there, I have some kind of connection a little bit," Losman said. "They'll give the Buffalo Bills thing a chance for a second. But when they hear me talk, they can see I really did come from something kind of like what they're coming from. I mention a few examples of my life growing up, and they can see "he never would have known that unless he lived what we're going through.' I try to relate to them and see if I can connect to them in that way. I just want to teach them the importance of education."
              I think JP is going to be a fixture in Buffalo for a long, long time.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Class act
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Yeah. Props to JP. You can fault his play at times. But he's worked damn hard for three years, and he's done a lot of things to show that he wants to be a part of Buffalo, not just play here. That's why I instinctively give him the benefit of the doubt on the playing field.

F*** Nate clements and Willis McGahee. They may be bigger stars, but they're smaller people.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

J.P. Losman owns a luxury box at Ralph Wilson Stadium, as have most of the Buffalo Bills starting quarterbacks of the past decade.
                    You know who didn't? Flutie. The frick didn't even have the class to buy season tix when the Bills were having that big "save the Bills in Buffalo" push back in 1998.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                      • Mar 2004

Wow, that's really cool for him to do something like that, good guy!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Too bad willis can't get a clue. Its also too bad we still have morons that want to run JP outta town because we have a crap ol and he is still developing.
                        Nothing good comes out of Miami!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                          Yeah. Props to JP. You can fault his play at times. But he's worked damn hard for three years, and he's done a lot of things to show that he wants to be a part of Buffalo, not just play here. That's why I instinctively give him the benefit of the doubt on the playing field.

F*** Nate clements and Willis McGahee. They may be bigger stars, but they're smaller people.
                          amen

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Good for JP, better for the kids he treats. Classy move.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

my friend saw him in a nightclub in buffalo, getting shot down by two girls. my buddy picked up one of the two girls jp was shot down by (he tried just because JP was shot down).

heh... funny story too, apparently jp came over later to hang out and was rather cool, and gave him props for picking up the one girl (apparently a real knockout blonde)
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X