PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy. If you thought Ralph was whining before!

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 09:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-stadium&prov=ap&type=lgns

DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU! Just ask Ralph...

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Man you all dont have to like Jerry Jones but he ALWAYS gives the fans what they want.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Man you all dont have to like Jerry Jones but he ALWAYS gives the fans what they want.

Exactly. And he seems to get it done no matter what. Now local buffalonians will say 'but he is in a large market'. YES which is why the Bills will move, Buffalo can't afford an NFL team anylonger.

Saratoga Slim
12-13-2006, 10:37 AM
1 Billion is an expensive stadium. Ouch.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
1 Billion is an expensive stadium. Ouch.
Not for JJ.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Not for JJ.See that is the other thing that gets me. Bills fans will say the big market thing, but JJ went out, on his own and busted his ass to strike deals to help his team.

Historian
12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
The completed project will still only hold 59,000 I'll bet.

RedEyE
12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
The Bills should jump on this roller coaster ride before the window of opportunity disappears.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 11:13 AM
The Bills should jump on this roller coaster ride before the window of opportunity disappears.They can't the city, county and state can't afford them.

Time to realise the Bills are moving at some point. WNY can't support an NFL Franchise

RedEyE
12-13-2006, 11:33 AM
They can't the city, county and state can't afford them.

Time to realise the Bills are moving at some point. WNY can't support an NFL Franchise

I was being sarastic...(see my post yesterday). A $1 billion dollar stadium in WNY is the key to the revitilization of Buffalo ;)

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I was being sarastic...(see my post yesterday). A $1 billion dollar stadium in WNY is the key to the revitilization of Buffalo ;)

LOL yeah buffalo and 1 billion anything doesn't go together

Michael82
12-13-2006, 01:18 PM

:stfu:

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 02:57 PM
:stfu:No. I have every right to my opinion on here just like everyone else esp when its backed up with FACT.

The WNY economy can't afford the Bills anylonger. Want them to stay? Build them a new stadium with more luxury boxes, charge the NFL average for them and have them completely full. then charge normal NFL ticket prices and sell out the games. then sell naming rights to the stadium.

If you can't do that then your team folds and moves, its that simple. Time for buffalonians to come to the harsh reality of the business of the NFL these days.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2006, 03:04 PM
No. I have every right to my opinion on here just like everyone else esp when its backed up with FACT.

But your "facts" are complete horse**** to everyone with a half a brain. This post is a complete ****** even by ****** standards. Just because in your fantasy land you think you know more about anything and everything doesn't mean it is true in the real world (which is quite obvious to anyone who can read your assine posts). That is a FACT.

Stewie
12-13-2006, 03:04 PM
where's the "fact"?

you need to shut up, tulsa.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM

Your probably right ICE, but people don't like the truth. I hate this, but you are right. Let's try to hold off the inevitable as long as possible and pray for miracles.

P.S. - I wish we were as spoiled as Dallas fans, that stadium is going to be a modern marvel.

The_Philster
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Your probably right ICE, but people don't like the truth. I hate this, but you are right. Let's try to hold off the inevitable off as long as possible and pray for miracles.
problem is, ICE sounds as if he likes the idea of Buffalo losing the Bills

and isn't he the one accusing others of not being Buffalo Bills fans? :scratch:

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM

It personally makes me sick even thinking about losing the Bills. I love this team, but life would most certainly go on without them. We need to do something drastic, while retaining the integrity and the loyalty of the initial fanbase - which is obviously Buffalo. I wonder if Ralph has considered building a stadium directly across the border in Canada, while keeping the Buffalo Bills as a name. It would be similar to what the Giants and Jets are doing and we may be able to bring in more Canadian Bills fans, while keeping the Buffalo fanbase. This idea may piss some people off, but this is the best I can come up with, we need to change our marketing scheme so we can attract more fans from outside of WNY, it's the only way we are going to live.

The_Philster
12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
We bring in a lot from Canada as it is ...I know some season ticket holders from Toronto and they're far from alone. Thing is, we also bring in a lot from Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, the Southern Tier, and places away from Canada. Honestly, the best place for a stadium would be just south of the Arena in Buffalo. They'd have to add in some more access roads but the area I'm thinking of is virtually desolate and close to downtown. Thing is, we can't afford a new stadium right now.

Saratoga Slim
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I think LA is going to get a team in the near future. We just need Ralph to hang on long enough that they get one before he dies. If that happens, there may not be another market that's really worth moving the team to.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 04:06 PM

Hate to say it but I agree with this statement.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
We bring in a lot from Canada as it is ...I know some season ticket holders from Toronto and they're far from alone. Thing is, we also bring in a lot from Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, the Southern Tier, and places away from Canada. Honestly, the best place for a stadium would be just south of the Arena in Buffalo. They'd have to add in some more access roads but the area I'm thinking of is virtually desolate and close to downtown. Thing is, we can't afford a new stadium right now.

If we moved across the border to Canada, it would solve the money problem. Perhaps, Canada would promise the Bills money for a new stadium? I'm not sure what the population differences are, but how many people from Syracause, Rochester and the Souther Tier actually make the 2-3 hour trip each week? I personally live in the Southern Tier and it's a hell of a trip, as a result I only come to about 2 games each year. ( Usually a couple of the classic rival games.. ) I just wish the Bills would do something genius like Notre Dame did in College Football.. Practically every Irish person in the world roots for them, just because of their name.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
If we moved across the border to Canada, it would solve the money problem. Perhaps, Canada would promise the Bills money for a new stadium? I'm not sure what the population differences are, but how many people from Syracause, Rochester and the Souther Tier actually make the 2-3 hour trip each week? I personally live in the Southern Tier and it's a hell of a trip, as a result I only come to about 2 games each year. ( Usually a couple of the classic rival games.. ) I just wish the Bills would do something genius like Notre Dame did in College Football.. Practically every Irish person in the world roots for them, just because of their name.
The Buffalo Fightin Italians?

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 04:46 PM
The Buffalo Fightin Italians?

lol, Sure if that helps! I'm not Italian, but if it brought in fans I wouldn't be opposed to it. Perhaps we could find a way to appeal to more blue collar people in the United States? I think we need to target a specific demographic. Everybody fights for a team that represents them in some way or fashion.

gr8slayer
12-13-2006, 04:47 PM
lol, Sure if that helps! I'm not Italian, but if it brought in fans I wouldn't be opposed to it. Perhaps we could find a way to appeal to more blue collar people in the United States? I think we need to target a specific demographic. Everybody fights for a team that represents them in some way or fashion.
Aren't there a lot of Italians in NY?

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Ofcourse, Italians and Irish people are the most common that I can think of.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Yes. They're called Giants and Jets fans.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes. They're called Giants and Jets fans.

Careful man, alot of Italians are Bills fans as well.

Lexwhat
12-13-2006, 05:10 PM
WOW thats a nice stadium

TacklingDummy
12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
No. I have every right to my opinion on here just like everyone else esp when its backed up with FACT.

Maybe they will move to Tulsa, Oklahomo.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
But your "facts" are complete horse**** to everyone with a half a brain. This post is a complete ****** even by ****** standards. Just because in your fantasy land you think you know more about anything and everything doesn't mean it is true in the real world (which is quite obvious to anyone who can read your assine posts). That is a FACT.

LMAO oh its fact alright just ask ralph, he can't afford them and neither can WNY.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 07:55 PM

Show me where I ever said that. Do I need to drop your patented liar smiley on you phil? Its just fact. I can more than live with it if they leave because I have a life.

ICE74129
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Maybe they will move to Tulsa, Oklahomo. Why not, we take all the rest of the hundreds of buffalonians and WNY'ers that are smart enough to get out. Thats whats so funny, no matter what you say about Tulsa, its where people go to get away from buffalo :bandwagon

The_Philster
12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Show me where I ever said that. Do I need to drop your patented liar smiley on you phil? Its just fact. I can more than live with it if they leave because I have a life.
I said you sound like you like the idea...I didn't say you said you liked it. For someone who claims he's smarter than everyone else, you have a funny way of showing it...reading is a basic skill the rest of us lowlifes have

Stewie
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
What I realized aftermoving down south is that New York State can most definitely afford to build a great stadium complex in Buffalo. It's a question of priorities and western new yorkers demanding it.

NY has plenty of tax revenue. Case in point: Right now in Parma (near Rochester) there's a 2400 sq foot house for sale on 22 acres for 172,500. A typical mortgage might be around $1000 for principal and interest. The taxes are $5700 a year. Thats 50% of the P+I!!!!!! That should be illegal!

The state money is there. Get it done, wny'ers.

Nighthawk
12-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Yes, Buffalo can support the Bills, but this area has to be creative in how they do it. Fact is, Buffalo WILL have to build a new stadium to keep the Bills...no doubt about it. This is a great opportunity for the city and the area to build a multi-purpose facility that could be used as a convention center also. Don't give me this crap about the Ralph is fine because it isn't and the NFL knows this. It is one of the worst stadiums in the league and in order to keep the Bills, we need to upgrade. Why on Earth would we risk losing a multi-million dollar business? If people want the Bills, then they will have to support building a new stadium...it's as simple as that. A new owner will not buy this team and continue to let them play in the "no atmosphere" Ralph Wilson stadium. It is very outdated and holds down the value of the franchise. People, the day is coming to see what side of the fence your on and you have to understand that this isn't a video game...they will leave if you make the wrong play!

SABuffalo786
12-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Why not, we take all the rest of the hundreds of buffalonians and WNY'ers that are smart enough to get out. Thats whats so funny, no matter what you say about Tulsa, its where people go to get away from buffalo :bandwagon

Why do you support our teams if you don't like the city?

No offense pal, but if Buffalo's so bad why don't you **** off and support the Tulsa..............well whatever they have out there in Tulsa.

ICE74129
12-14-2006, 06:46 AM
I said you sound like you like the idea...I didn't say you said you liked it. For someone who claims he's smarter than everyone else, you have a funny way of showing it...reading is a basic skill the rest of us lowlifes have Really? For such a smart guy how DO I sound? You don't know, so what you are saying is you are ASSuming you know my tone in posting.

Most likely you are reading things how you WANT to read them, or ASSume they are being said.

But facts are facts and I can live with it. See you ASSume I like it because I have a life and if the Bills left I would be sad but it wouldn't effect my everyday life. Hell I bet 1/2 the city of buffalo is going to jump off a bridge or shoot themselfs (litterally, I am not kidding ) when the Bills leave.

HAMMER
12-14-2006, 07:00 AM

No offense pal, but if Buffalo's so bad why don't you **** off and support the Tulsa..............well whatever they have out there in Tulsa.

Great post....
answer: because he is an antagonistic **ck!

ICE74129
12-14-2006, 07:59 AM

First off the Bills aren't just 'your' team, meaning the Buffalo area. They belong to any fan that roots for them. What we have in tulsa is a booming economy, top flight schools for our kids, arts and entertainment. OU is just an hour and 1/2 away etc. And again....its where buffalonians go to get out of buffalo, so no matter how much you try to rip Tulsa, its obviously better than buffalo.

ICE74129
12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Great post....
answer: because he is an antagonistic **ck! LMAO waaaaaaaaah.

Gunzlingr
12-14-2006, 08:17 AM
LMAO waaaaaaaaah.

Typical douchebag post.

SABuffalo786
12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
First off the Bills aren't just 'your' team, meaning the Buffalo area. They belong to any fan that roots for them. What we have in tulsa is a booming economy, top flight schools for our kids, arts and entertainment. OU is just an hour and 1/2 away etc. And again....its where buffalonians go to get out of buffalo, so no matter how much you try to rip Tulsa, its obviously better than buffalo.

No, see you're mistaken. It really is our team.

That's why they're named the "Buffalo Bills" and not the "Whiny Ex-Pat Douchebags who think some ****ing cowtown in Oklahoma is paradise because there are no black people at his kid's school and they just built 2 new Wal-Marts in the past 6 months Bills".

Gunzlingr
12-14-2006, 04:01 PM
No, see you're mistaken. It really is our team.

That's why they're named the "Buffalo Bills" and not the "Whiny Ex-Pat Douchebags who think some ****ing cowtown in Oklahoma is paradise because there are no black people at his kid's school and they just built 2 new Wal-Marts in the past 6 months Bills".

:rofl:

mr nyjet
12-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I think LA is going to get a team in the near future. We just need Ralph to hang on long enough that they get one before he dies. If that happens, there may not be another market that's really worth moving the team to.

there's memphis, san antonio, and los angeles, portland, and las vegas in this country alone; besides toronto, mexico city.:candle:

mr nyjet
12-14-2006, 08:44 PM
What I realized aftermoving down south is that New York State can most definitely afford to build a great stadium complex in Buffalo. It's a question of priorities and western new yorkers demanding it.

NY has plenty of tax revenue. Case in point: Right now in Parma (near Rochester) there's a 2400 sq foot house for sale on 22 acres for 172,500. A typical mortgage might be around $1000 for principal and interest. The taxes are $5700 a year. Thats 50% of the P+I!!!!!! That should be illegal!

The state money is there. Get it done, wny'ers.
the state money is not there. the state gets the vast majority of its money from new york city. since they did not get money for the jets or giants to build a stadium, what makes you think you're going to be able to?

those taxes are why tons of jobs left monroe county, kodak elmgrove vanished, and they are knocking down buildings at kodak park.

a great stadium complex?-forgetaboutit!!!!:crap:

SABuffalo786
12-14-2006, 08:50 PM
the state money is not there. the state gets the vast majority of its money from new york city. since they did not get money for the jets or giants to build a stadium, what makes you think you're going to be able to?

those taxes are why tons of jobs left monroe county, kodak elmgrove vanished, and they are knocking down buildings at kodak park.

But there's absolutely zero chance the Jets or Giants will ever leave New York. A stadium down there isn't absolutely necessary.

It's a different reality here out West.

Stewie
12-14-2006, 09:27 PM

new york wastes the money. stop building libraries and build a freaking stadium, dammit!