PDA

View Full Version : Wheres DraftBoy? How bout this mock?

X-Era
12-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Heres one for ya:

1) Levi Brown- OT Penn State
2) Michael Bush- slides due to injury
3) Paul Williams- WR Fresno St
4) Marcus Thomas
5) Matt Trannon- TE Mich State
6) Tim Duckworth- OL Auburn
7) Mark Robinson- RB St John Fisher ( a friend of mine)

X-Era
12-14-2006, 07:18 AM
By the way, if we end up with a 2nd 7th rounder, Id take Daniel Bettis, TE from Appalachin State

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Here's a new one I never seen.....

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

#14 Buffalo Bills.....Jamarcus Russell QB LSU.......What the Bills really need is a stud tackle but there isn't much value left there they opt for a top signal caller. The current regime in Buffalo has never been big fan's of J.P. Losman and he hasn't really done much to change their opinions this year so considering they weren't responsible for bringing him into the fold they would have no promblem moving on from that mistake. Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention Jamarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

Other mock drafts...Bills first pick....

15. Sam Baker T USC
11. Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
9. Buffalo Bills-OT Sam Baker, USC*
15. Buffalo Bills - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 07:46 AM
And another mock......

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville........ A year after foolishly passing on Matt Leinart, Buffalo could be compelled to take a quarterback in the first round, given that its current signal caller is the woeful J.P. Losman. To his credit, Losman is playing better, but seriously, does anyone think he's the long-term answer for the Bills?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2007.php

Buffalo Bills Branch, Alan, DT Michigan
The mindless pick of John McCargo may help a little, but Buffalo is still easy to run on and needs a big guy to stuff up the holes. If Branch is left, the Bills have to take him. Offensive line is also a big need, but I doubt they could pass this guy up.

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 07:47 AM
14) Buffalo Bills Jamarcus Russell Quarterback LSU

Analysis: The Bills have suffered through some difficult times with JP Losman and by the end of 2006 they will have had enough. Jamarcus Russell is listed for many as the 2nd best quarterback prospect after Quinn. He has the arm strength, the physical makeup (6'6")and an impressive college career that would stack up well against any of his peers. Expect the Losman experiment to be over and the Russell era to begin in Buffalo.

http://nfldaily.com/2007_nfl_draft_predictions.htm

Historian
12-14-2006, 07:48 AM
DB is busy fish squishing this week.

He apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused Bills draftnicks.

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 07:52 AM
14 Buffalo Justin Blalock OG Texas

PICK #17 The Bills Pick: Sam Baker (OT, USC)

14 BUF Darrelle Revis* CB Pittsburgh

11. DT - *Frank Okam 6-5, 315 - Texas

14. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Willis, ILB, Mississippi

17. Buffalo - Justin Blalock, OL, Texas

9. Buffalo - Dwayne Jarrett WR USC

Tatonka
12-14-2006, 08:11 AM
zero chance we take a Right Tackle or a QB with our first pick. zero.

alohabillsfan
12-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Heres one for ya:

1) Levi Brown- OT Penn State
2) Michael Bush- slides due to injury
3) Paul Williams- WR Fresno St
4) Marcus Thomas
5) Matt Trannon- TE Mich State
6) Tim Duckworth- OL Auburn
7) Mark Robinson- RB St John Fisher ( a friend of mine)

Marcus Thomas will not fall out of the 2nd round

BillsNick
12-14-2006, 08:50 AM

:bf1: I agree completely. I don't know where some of these so called "mock drafts" come from, they are idiotic.

Kerr
12-14-2006, 10:35 AM
If for some reason Willis is gone next year, I wouldn't mind micheal bush or darren mcfadden(if he declares).

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Anyone who thinks we take a QB in the first round doesn't know crap about the Bills.

Devin
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Jamarcus Russell is going to be a great NFL QB, in the first round honestly with our needs we could go just about anywhere.

Personally I think we will go either WR or LB just depending whose there. While we need DL help, Branch would likely be gone as well as Adams. So that leaves Moses or Pitcock. Maybe Marv reaches again who knows.

kernowboy
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
What surprises me is that very few of these mocks mention the LB need.

At the start of the season it was clearly the OL, followed by the DL. With the former, a rearrangement of personnel has significantly improved performance and the greatest need is toward the interior of the line where there will be help in Free Agency. At OT, there is such depth we could draft lower and still find a gem. In the interior of the DL, this years quality at DT outside of someone like Branch is poor. It could well be that someone taken in the 5th will be at least as good as someone in the 2nd.

At LB, free agency is pretty ropey and we face the real prospect of losing Fletcher who will be after a huge final pay day plus over paying for what TKO now offers. I can easily see LB being the R1 pick and quite possibly Marv moving down 5-10 places, grabbing one of the top two LBs Willis or Posluzny in the draft. With small receivers I can also see a move for a receiving TE in day one. For me the draft I'd like to see is

1. LB (Posluzny or Willis)
2. TE (Olsen or Miller)
3a. DT (best one available)
3b. OT (Free or Otto)
4. a CB or S (for depth)
5. Already traded for Hargrove
6. A 3rd down RB or depending what happens with McGahee
7. A project at DL or OL