PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Games

northernbillfan
12-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Thursday games have to be the stupidest thing the NFL has ever tried. You play on Sunday, then have three days to prepare for the next game. While it's nice to have a game in the middle of the week, I don't think this is such a great idea. Then they go with the black outs on Thanksgiving...too frikkin much.

Teams used to get upset having to play Monday then play again on Sunday clling that a short week. This is even worse. THen they have an extra weekend off and more rested for the next opponent.

I hope th NFL gives this a second look and stops this next season.

Besides who wants to watch Seattle and San Fran.

Patrick76777
12-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Thursday games have to be the stupidest thing the NFL has ever tried. You play on Sunday, then have three days to prepare for the next game. While it's nice to have a game in the middle of the week, I don't think this is such a great idea. Then they go with the black outs on Thanksgiving...too frikkin much.

Teams used to get upset having to play Monday then play again on Sunday clling that a short week. This is even worse. THen they have an extra weekend off and more rested for the next opponent.

I'm going to Sabres v. Panthers tonight!

Who cares about the Thursday night game anyway.

trapezeus
12-14-2006, 11:56 AM

Naturally, i agree with this. This is just a sign that the NFL is getting way too greedy and trying to bite off more than it can chew. With the whole TV debacle with cable, they are raising more eyebrows and probably affecting long term revenues in a negative manner. I think TMQ does a great job this year talking about both sides of the arguement and how the fans are on the wrong end of it.