PDA

View Full Version : This is shameful -- blackout looming

JoeMama
12-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Over 5,000 tickets remain for the Bills - Dolphins game as the deadline approaches.

Unless a corporation steps in & purchases the tickets, there's likely gonna be another blackout in Buffalo.

For the third game in a row, no less.

And this would be the first blackout of a Bills - Dolphins game since 1987.

This is a bad omen for a franchise that's already on shakey ground as it is.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 08:26 AM
The rivalry is DEAD the franchise is dying.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 08:32 AM
The rivalry is DEAD the franchise is dying.Based on the comments I've read here, I wouldn't say the rivalry is dead. Sure, it could use a game w/ major playoff implications attached to it (noticed I said major, not remote like this game has).

But I have to tell you. I went to college in Rochester during the Bills glory years, and the smack feels right about the same. I think the focus has just been a bit on the Patsies the past few years, but that "hate" is still there!!

But I do hope your franchise does address it's financial issues (poor RW ... he only makes a couple hundred million a season, compared to Dan Snyder's billion or whatever it is) so it sticks around. Count me as a fin fan who would hate to see you leave.

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 08:36 AM
It's not very much fun when both teams have pretty much sucked for years now.

Bills fans...." Haha, Miami we beat you, we don't suck as bad as you do"

Miami fans.....:haha Bills, we beat you, we don't suck as bad as you do."

BillsNick
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM

What an awful thing to say. :cynic:

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
I do agree with ICe though (I feel sick) , it's all Ralph. His oldschool approach to business is what's driving this team to the ground.. Believe it or not, Donahoes approach to hiring the likes of Drew ,Spikes sold tickets by the hiring alone but winning is the ultimate crowd drawer. Although I believe MArv will get this team back to winning , it'll take time.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
What an awful thing to say. :cynic:Yeah what is up w/ that. In threads on this issue this week, it seems like an aweful lot of Bills fans are ready to put up the white flag on this one. What gives?? How could you not fight to keep your team? Do whatever it takes??

Or do like Berman says "Circle the Wagons." God I hate him for that. Hurts to say it - but I think it applies to this situation.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 08:44 AM
What an awful thing to say. :cynic:truth hurts. The owner himself is already starting to throw in the white flag and his kids don't want any part in continuing their fathers legacy. Until someone comes in to take over, I don't see things getting any better for the bills. I hope I'm wrong .

Patrick76777
12-14-2006, 08:45 AM

You guys are so dramatic

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
What gives??.. It's not like the bills have been bad. We've already exceeded majority of peoples expectations. We've been winning games after the bye week and yet 3 consecutive blackouts. Who would've thought the bills vs. fins game would be blacked out? Not me. Any game but this.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 08:50 AM
You guys are so dramatic

Me? Dramatic? Since when?

BillsNick
12-14-2006, 08:56 AM
If I were in western NY, I would buy a ticket to do my part for sure.

Statman
12-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Ralph should have maybe lobbied more for the Bills joining Pittsburgh and Cleveland in a divisional reallignment. It may have helped keep the team in the region.

As usual, the team falls short on the insight side of the equation.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Based on the comments I've read here, I wouldn't say the rivalry is dead. Sure, it could use a game w/ major playoff implications attached to it (noticed I said major, not remote like this game has).

But I have to tell you. I went to college in Rochester during the Bills glory years, and the smack feels right about the same. I think the focus has just been a bit on the Patsies the past few years, but that "hate" is still there!!

But I do hope your franchise does address it's financial issues (poor RW ... he only makes a couple hundred million a season, compared to Dan Snyder's billion or whatever it is) so it sticks around. Count me as a fin fan who would hate to see you leave.
It's never been nearly as big a rivalry for Miami as it has for us. They consider their biggest rivalry to be the Jets and visa versa.

The Miami v. Bills rivalry is one-sided for the most part.

If Ralph had been astute he would have lobbied to put Pittsburgh, Cleveland, us, and either the Jets or Cincy in one division. That would have expanded the television interests and guaranteed us two more home sellouts each season even if with Brown and Steeler fans.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:04 AM
If I were in western NY, I would buy a ticket to do my part for sure.
I'm not going to work this weekend to attend the game. :up:

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I do agree with ICe though (I feel sick) , it's all Ralph. His oldschool approach to business is what's driving this team to the ground.. Believe it or not, Donahoes approach to hiring the likes of Drew ,Spikes sold tickets by the hiring alone but winning is the ultimate crowd drawer. Although I believe MArv will get this team back to winning , it'll take time.
Season ticket sales had already begun to wane under Donahoe.

You can only push that "it'll be better next year" thing so far regardless of who you bring on board. We're seeing that now.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:06 AM
It's never been nearly as big a rivalry for Miami as it has for us. They consider their biggest rivalry to be the Jets and visa versa.

If Ralph had been astute he would have lobbied to put Pittsburgh, Cleveland, us, and either the Jets or Cincy in one division. That would have expanded the television interests and guaranteed us two more home sellouts each season even if with Brown and Steeler fans.
FH seems to dislike the jets more.

The rivalry was always Dan vs. Kelly. Since then, nada.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah what is up w/ that. In threads on this issue this week, it seems like an aweful lot of Bills fans are ready to put up the white flag on this one. What gives?? How could you not fight to keep your team? Do whatever it takes??

Or do like Berman says "Circle the Wagons." God I hate him for that. Hurts to say it - but I think it applies to this situation.
Or has Wilson been putting up the white flag with hirings such as Donahoe, Williams, Levy, Jauron?

What if he had gone out and gotten a decent GM or we had hired Mangini or any one of other numerous coaches who seem to have turned the teams they went to around in recent seasons, or at least pushed them in the right direction.

Don't pin the waving the white flag thing on Bills fans. In many other cities this team wouldn't have sold out 2004 or 2005 the way things went.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Season ticket sales had already begun to wane under Donahoe.

You can only push that "it'll be better next year" thing so far regardless of who you bring on board. We're seeing that now.No doubt. But he did make waves by signing big named players but like I said , in the end winning is what sold tickets the most.

TacklingDummy
12-14-2006, 09:08 AM
The NFL should have Buffalo/Miami play each other once a year and switch the home stadium every year.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Are you buying a prepurchased ticket or one from the box office?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Are you buying a prepurchased ticket or one from the box office?
don't know yet. Are you going? Cmon dude, come out.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:10 AM
FH seems to dislike the jets more.

The rivalry was always Dan vs. Kelly. Since then, nada.
Even back then the rivalry with NY was strong.

Either way, Marino hasn't been around in seven seasons and the last time he was any good was over a decade ago.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:11 AM
don't know yet. Are you going? Cmon dude, come out.
Come out. lol

Maybe I will come out and announce nuptuals with my boyfriend at the game.

I'd bet that would go over like a ton of bricks. lol

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Come out. lol

Maybe I will come out and announce nuptuals with my boyfriend at the game.

I'd bet that would go over like a ton of bricks. lol
You'd be sitting with finfans then? just make sure to post where you're sitting so I'll purchase a ticket seated at the opposite side of the stadium . :D

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I would only go to the game if someone gave me a ticket in the lower bowl between the 20s, covered my parking, and the expenses to get me there. Sorry.

Radio time.

Besides, the way the Fin D is playing I don't expect an exciting game. If they play like they did last week vs. the Patriots then the fans are going to be leaving at the half.

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:14 AM
just make sure to post where you're sitting so I'll purchase a ticket seated at the opposite side of the staium . :D
lol

I'm sure it'll be perfectly clear. lol

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 09:14 AM

If Ralph had been astute he would have lobbied to put Pittsburgh, Cleveland, us, and either the Jets or Cincy in one division. That would have expanded the television interests and guaranteed us two more home sellouts each season even if with Brown and Steeler fans.Maybe it's because I went to college in Rochester during the Bills hey dey - or that my first ever NFL game was a 27-0 drubbing of my Dolphins in '87 at the hands of the Bills, but I've always been into this rivalry!

I hate the Jets and Bills equally! The Jets rivalry has received more attention due to the nine-game winning streak they had against us until '02, and the relative dominance they've had over us since.

Trust me when I tell you - to us Dolphin fans, this is very much a rivalry!!

Statman
12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Maybe. I suppose it depends upon who you ask. The ones that I've spoken with that live in Miami seem to downplay this rivalry.

Either way, imo there's no question that when they did the realignment had they put Cleveland and Pittsburgh into the same division with us it would have created new and better rivalries. How could it not. Even if all teams utterly sucked I'm sure they would still travel the three hours to see the games.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Or has Wilson been putting up the white flag with hirings such as Donahoe, Williams, Levy, Jauron?

What if he had gone out and gotten a decent GM or we had hired Mangini or any one of other numerous coaches who seem to have turned the teams they went to around in recent seasons, or at least pushed them in the right direction.

Don't pin the waving the white flag thing on Bills fans. In many other cities this team wouldn't have sold out 2004 or 2005 the way things went.Don't misunderstand. I love the passion you guys have for your team. But I'm talking about actual posts I've read here this week - and on our depths board - of Bills fans accepting what they say appears to be inevitable. Look in this thread!!

Maybe RW is sandbagging, who knows. I hope he sells the team to Golisano or something before he flees for L.A. or wherever. He's full of it if you ask me.

BTW, I thought you guys liked Jauron?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Besides, the way the Fin D is playing I don't expect an exciting game. If they play like they did last week vs. the Patriots then the fans are going to be leaving at the half.I doubt the fins D are gonna be as good since no one can understand JP's voice when he audibles.

The same can be said about the fins O if the bills D shows up like they did against the jets. It's gonna be a defensive battle.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 09:21 AM
. It's not like the bills have been bad. We've already exceeded majority of peoples expectations. We've been winning games after the bye week and yet 3 consecutive blackouts. Who would've thought the bills vs. fins game would be blacked out? Not me. Any game but this.That's what I mean. Frankly, I bought my tix in June thinking they would sell out by the weekend. And for months I presumed it was long sold out. Then I read these threads this week - what the deuce!!

I didn't even give this game a second thought!

What happened ot all those fans that wore those "F__K Miami" t-shirts in 20-degree weather?

BillsNick
12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I cannot believe that we are not selling out games. It completely baffles me.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
This "diehard" fanbase is an embarassment. Given the play of the team, the dirt cheap ticket prices, and the fact that it is our biggest rival in the ENTIRE league, I am embarassed by my fellow "fans" that this game is not even close to being sold out.

The few diehard Bills fans are some of the best in the league, but the rest of the fairweather bandwagon sports fans in this city have soiled our reputation and turned us into a laughing stock.

Yes, the NFL is headed in the wrong direction, yes the NFL is pricing people out, and yes the product has been terrible for the better part of a decade. But Ralph had a point when he said "enjoy it while it's here" because if/when this team ever moves people will be regretting it big time. How many cities have lost an NFL team and been happy about it? How many have benefited from having their teams jump town?

People right now are blind due to the success of the Sabres, understandable... but Newsflash: the NHL still has a ton of work to regain it's fanbase, because outside of WNY the league is a mess right now. It doesn't make me feel good to know that people will give up on the Bills so easily - the only team that mattered for decades even in futility - just because "oh, well, there's still the Sabres".

Giving up on this franchise is a disgrace, and if the NHL locks out again or folds we'll be left with NO team to root for.

No excuse for not going to the game. "I got hit hard from the storm" "it's the holidays" "i'm broke"... All lies. You can afford Sabres tickets, Sabres jersey's, but not a $40 Bills ticket - for the biggest rival to this franchise? Get out of my face with these lame arguments. Never thought I'd live to see the day where our "loyal" fans gave up so easily - let alone for Phins week.

G. Host
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
The reason the late games have not sold out is because so many games were scheduled post-Thanksgiving and those who saw the early Bills this year saw an attrocious team and spent their money elsewhere.

Seeing the league play kick the can with Bills is not going to encourage people to sit in the stands in December. League schnedulers knew what it was doing when they scheduled those games post-Thanksgiving.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
The reason the late games have not sold out is because so many games were scheduled post-Thanksgiving and those who saw the early Bills this year saw an attrocious team and spent their money elsewhere.

Wow, complaining about the schedule? Since when did Bills fans NOT want the Phins here in December? I remember when people were clamouring for December games up here... now we get them and everybody's story changes.

Furthermore... Sabres tickets weren't maxed out until Sept/Oct. Tickets went on sale for the Bills in the early summer.

This tells me we have a bunch of bandwagon fans in this city who only care when a team is good - since when did we turn into Philly fan, or NYC fan? I thought we supported our teams through good and bad... that's what made our fanbase "one of the best". Making things even worse - half the people filling HSBC don't even know hooking from slashing. It's pathetic. Blind patronage running amuck in WNY, I never thought I'd see the day.

joekurtz
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I've always felt that the leagues realignment a few years back was a little "tweak" rather than the complete overhaul it really needed. But, as usual the old guard ( like Wilson et al ) had too much input & insisted on sticking with tradition far too much rather than going with the big dose of reality that the realignment needed.

Keeping The Bills in the AFC east was just silly IMO.
We belonged in the AFC north along with Pittsburgh & Cleveland. The closest major cities to us geographically, as well as the cities most like us personality-wise. They'd have been natural rivalries that I think would have already surpassed the one that we have with Miami twofold by now.
Baltimore belongs in the AFC east along with all the other Atlantic coast teams in New England, NY & Miami.

And, while they were at it, they should have sent Cincy elsewhere & brought Detroit over to the AFC to complete the AFC north. Now there's a devision that makes sense regionally & rivalry-wise Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland & Detroit.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
I've always felt that the leagues realignment a few years back was a little "tweak" rather than the complete overhaul it really needed. But, as usual the old guard ( like Wilson et al ) had too much input & insisted on sticking with tradition far too much rather than going with the big dose of reality that the realignment needed.

Keeping The Bills in the AFC east was just silly IMO.
We belonged in the AFC north along with Pittsburgh & Cleveland. The closest major cities to us geographically, as well as the cities most like us personality-wise. They'd have been natural rivalries that I think would have already surpassed the one that we have with Miami twofold by now.
Baltimore belongs in the AFC east along with all the other Atlantic coast teams in New England, NY & Miami.

And, while they were at it, they should have sent Cincy elsewhere & brought Detroit over to the AFC to complete the AFC north. Now there's a devision that makes sense regionally & rivalry-wise Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland & Detroit.You have a point, but I know Wilson wanted to really keey that Miami rivalry going. But you're right - over time - you'd develop monster rivalries w/ those teams.

Actually, best thing too would have been to put Miami in a division w/ TB, Jax and Atlanta if you really want to set things up regionally. Would have really shook up the AFC-NFC thing, but so what. By now, people may have moved on to new rivalries, and forgotten about the old ones - except for when we do play.

ICE74129
12-14-2006, 10:43 AM

It doesn't take time....it takes MONEY. Money from ralphs own pocket to pay bigger signing bonuses than other teams.

I don't like it either, but when you have sucked as bad as we have and for as long as we have...you gotta overpay for a couple offseasons till things turn around. THIS is going to be that offseason. 37 mill in cap room? Ralph better find 50-60 mill in Signing bonus money to use and get some massively upgraded talent in here. by just doing that you will see more fans show up.

ICE74129
12-14-2006, 10:45 AM
and Miami v buffalo? Ralph screwed us royally and the franchise when re alignment took place. I and many others screamed for a 'rust belt' division with pittsburgh, cleveland, Cinci and Buffalo. There is no way ALL of the stadiums wouldn't be packed with everyone so close.

but again, ralph went old school and it has hurt us.

Saratoga Slim
12-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I still think Miami is our biggest rival. How many New England Fans show up in the BillsZone the week before a Bills/Patsies game. NE39 is the only one I can think of offhand. Whereas there's a solid representation of FinFans around here this week.

Saratoga Slim
12-14-2006, 10:54 AM
and Miami v buffalo? Ralph screwed us royally and the franchise when re alignment took place. I and many others screamed for a 'rust belt' division with pittsburgh, cleveland, Cinci and Buffalo. There is no way ALL of the stadiums wouldn't be packed with everyone so close.

but again, ralph went old school and it has hurt us.

you know, that's a decent point. I was PISSED at the thought of losing the Dolphin rivalry, but it might have helped sell tickets. Of course, selling out the stadiums is rarely a problem. Until now. We need some winning.

Devin
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I dont care what Ralph has done or not done. THIS IS FISH WEEK PEOPLE.

WTF. If we dont sell out 7 home games all year this is the one we should.

Just pitiful.

Pride
12-14-2006, 11:01 AM
The way it should have been re-alligned:

AFC East
-----------------------------
New England
NY Jets
NY Giants
Philly Eagles

NFC East
---------------------
Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts
Carolina Panthers

AFC North
-----------------------
Buffalo Bills
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Cincinatti Bengals

NFC North (unchanged)
------------------------
Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

AFC South
------------------------
Miami Dolphins
Tampa Bay Bucs
Jacksonville Jags
New Orleans Saints

NFC South
---------------------------
Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints

AFC West
Seattle Seahawks
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
San Fansisco 49ers

NFC West
--------------------------
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis Rams

Devin
12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Saints in two divisions eh.

raphael120
12-14-2006, 11:11 AM
ok guys, reality grip.

one mediore semi- .500 season isn't going to make up for the past 7 crap seasons. like i keep saying, and what a lot of people with common sense keep sayin is it's suprising that the bills sold out during those 3-13, 5-11, etc. seasons, let alone this one. get off the backs of the hard working blue collar buffalonians that aren't going to spend their holiday dollars for a bills game. **** happens, and its how it is. but i just HATE it when people blame the fans. if this team leaves this town it has a lot more to do with bad management and lack of good product than fans not cheering the bills or showing up to games.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Toronto builds a stadium on it's southeast side... NFL Toronto Bills.... CFL Buffalo Argos.

I hope it doesn't come to this... But, with NFL owners seemingly set on removing the Bills from Buffalo, it's 1 of the few "acceptable" scenarios I can think of.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Saints in two divisions eh.
He just wants to screw Houston again.

G. Host
12-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Wow, complaining about the schedule? Since when did Bills fans NOT want the Phins here in December? I remember when people were clamouring for December games up here... now we get them and everybody's story changes..

Complaining about 4 home games post Thanksgiving when money is devoted to Christmas yet not a fin game in December. I'd be at one or two of them if I was not in California working on Sundays despite living 400 miles away.

This tells me we have a bunch of bandwagon fans in this city who only care when a team is good - since when did we turn into Philly fan, or NYC fan? I thought we supported our teams through good and bad... that's what made our fanbase "one of the best". Making things even worse - half the people filling HSBC don't even know hooking from slashing. It's pathetic. Blind patronage running amuck in WNY, I never thought I'd see the day.

Money is tight post Thanksgiving. Normally those games are filled up with last week sales but with so many games late there is not enough money in Buffalo.

And no fandom is one of the best because fans come from such distances to watch teams with fans in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and even Florida with season tickets. They make the fanbase bigger than Western New York and Southern Ontario normally could support/ They do not quit being fans because they move away unless they live in Tulsa. New flexible schedule at end of year really screws up fans who fly in at end of year for you can never be sure if game will be moved and you will end up just attendiing a tailgate. Have you every TRIED to get a plane ticket out of Buffalo game nights? Planes are booked up far in advance.

G. Host
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM

AFC East
New England
NY Jets
NY Giants
Philly Eagles

With NJ teams sharing a stadium? Would never happen.

The way you trashed the history of AFC / NFC you might as well get rid of AFC / NFC and come up with new names for divisions.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
We didn't sell out. BFD!

Fact is this is a poor area, but we will still probably get close to 70,000 to the game in mid December a week before Christmas.

I personally don't like to go to the games. I prefer to watch them on television. I would pay to watch them on TV, but since there is no way to assure me of this, I will not buy a ticket to not go. I have too many more important things to do on Sunday.

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Get a ticket CHER!! WTF!

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Get a ticket CHER!! WTF!

Why? I would not go anyway. I have three kids to buy Christmas presents for. No ***** way!

PcA125
12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Im trying to get home early after finals week so I can get to go to the game... So far I cant find anyone back home to go with me... But If im in town on time ill head out and see the game.... GO BILLS

F*** the DOL-FANS

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Complaining about 4 home games post Thanksgiving when money is devoted to Christmas yet not a fin game in December. I'd be at one or two of them if I was not in California working on Sundays despite living 400 miles away.

Money is tight post Thanksgiving. Normally those games are filled up with last week sales but with so many games late there is not enough money in Buffalo.

And no fandom is one of the best because fans come from such distances to watch teams with fans in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and even Florida with season tickets. They make the fanbase bigger than Western New York and Southern Ontario normally could support/ They do not quit being fans because they move away unless they live in Tulsa. New flexible schedule at end of year really screws up fans who fly in at end of year for you can never be sure if game will be moved and you will end up just attendiing a tailgate. Have you every TRIED to get a plane ticket out of Buffalo game nights? Planes are booked up far in advance.

I just don't buy this argument about the money at all man, not one bit. Bills tickets are $40 on average, and even less from a scalper or online. You can't even buy your kid a damn video game for that price anymore. Hell a pair of pants is like $30 nowadays.

Maybe if tickets were upwards of $150-200 then I'd see your point.

And I still don't completely buy into the whole "everybody bought Sabres tickets" argument. HSBC only fits 18,690, and the Sabres added roughly 5,000 season tickets this year. As we speak there are thousands of people begging to pay $100's to go to 1 Sabres game, but when it comes to buying Bills tickets everybody becomes magically broke.

If money was so tight, they had no problem spending $500-800 on Sabres tickets but couldn't scrounge up $40 for a Bills/Phins game? Even on a credit card that purchase would be nothing.

Rapheal, nobody is ripping on blue collar folks as most of us here are in that demographic, but to buy into the mediocre excuses for the lack of attendance at these games this year is following the blind.

Plain and simple a lot of people have given up on this team and it pisses me off. Blame whoever you want - Ralph, the NFL, whoever - it still doesn't change the fact that a lot of our fellow "fans" are bandwagon jumpers and have turned our fanbase into a national laughing stock.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 12:17 PM

AFC East
New England
NY Jets
NY Giants
Philly Eagles

NFC East
---------------------
Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts
Carolina Panthers

AFC North
-----------------------
Buffalo Bills
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Cincinatti Bengals

NFC North (unchanged)
------------------------
Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

AFC South
------------------------
Miami Dolphins
Tampa Bay Bucs
Jacksonville Jags
New Orleans Saints

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints

AFC West
Seattle Seahawks
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
San Fansisco 49ers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis Rams

I think a big reason for not having geographical teams in the same division is the fact that you'd be giving some of those teams extra home games...

IE: If the Jets and Giants are in the same division, it's essentially a home game for both teams twice a year.

Though I would LOVE to see the Bills in a division with PIT, CLE, and CINCY, it won't ever happen.

G. Host
12-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I just don't buy this argument about the money at all man, not one bit. Bills tickets are $40 on average, and even less from a scalper or online. You can't even buy your kid a damn video game for that price anymore. Hell a pair of pants is like $30 nowadays.

Maybe if tickets were upwards of $150-200 then I'd see your point.

If you buy from a scalper or online you are not increasing number of tickets sold, you are just allowing someone else to not go or eat the cost.

I do not know how many Bills fans (those who do not just sponge off tv) bought season tickets for Sabres but it is a factor for those Sabres tickets were sold when Bills were in the dumps and unlike the government fans can not go into infinite deficeit spending.

Oh and I bought several video games new for my daughter for Christmas at less than $40 so that argument does not hold frozen water.

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM

Seeing the league play kick the can with Bills is not going to encourage people to sit in the stands in December. League schnedulers knew what it was doing when they scheduled those games post-Thanksgiving.

I don't buy that at all. I'm sick of these people trying to say the league has this big conspiracy against us.

If we were 8-5 or 9-4 right now everybody would be loving all of our home games towards the end of the season. If if we wouldn't have stunk it up and gave away games to the likes of the Lions early in the season we would be in that position.

I remember people crying before this year that we hardly had any home games in late November and December and that the fish were coming to Buffalo in September or October. It was because of a league conspiracy against the Bills.

This year we get many home games when the weather is supposed to turn bad and the Dolphins play in the middle of December in Buffalo and now people are still complaining.

We had the Jaguars, Chargers and Dolphins all playing late in the season in Buffalo. Had them guys been in Buffalo in September and October then the same people would be saying how we got screwed by a league conspiracy against us.

There is no league conspiracy against us. Some people need to get over it. Our schedule was set up perfectly for us making the playoffs this year. We played a lot of easy teams and had many home games towards the end of the year(which is supposed to be our homefield advantage) along with them games being against warm weather teams like the Jags, Chargers, Dolphins and even the Titans. We couldn't ask for anything more. Our team just wasn't good enough at the begining of the year to take advantage of it.

Had we took care of business in before the bye week I don't think anybody would be complaining about having 4 of our last 6 games at home and 2 of our last 3 with many of them being against warm weather teams.

I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter what our schedule is like. There are always gonna be people who said we got screwed by an NFL conspiracy against us.

We're not selling out because people are jumping the bandwagon to the Sabres and buying their tickets instead. Screw the Sabres and hockey. The Sabres haven't been there for Buffalo like the Bills have for the last 40 years and the NHL haven't cared about their fans very much over the years by giving up on an entire season.

The Sabres won't stay good forever and when that time comes and you wanna go back to the Bills they might not be here anymore.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 03:05 PM
If you buy from a scalper or online you are not increasing number of tickets sold, you are just allowing someone else to not go or eat the cost.

I do not know how many Bills fans (those who do not just sponge off tv) bought season tickets for Sabres but it is a factor for those Sabres tickets were sold when Bills were in the dumps and unlike the government fans can not go into infinite deficeit spending.

Oh and I bought several video games new for my daughter for Christmas at less than $40 so that argument does not hold frozen water.

What video games? PS2, XBOX, they're all 40-60$.

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I never thought I'd here the day that somebody would be complaining about the Bills having most of their home games against warm weather teams in Buffalo in late November and December.

Isn't that what we want is homefield advantage? Doesn't sound like we can have anymore of an advantage then that.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 03:08 PM
The Sabres won't stay good forever and when that time comes and you wanna go back to the Bills they might not be here anymore.

:bf1:

I don't understand what the big deal is in supporting both? People in other cities do it, with more teams, and higher costs.

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:08 PM
In a perfect world or in Madden 2007 that may have worked but the NFL didn't wanna switch a bunch of teams around to another conference and they wanted to keep the historic rivalries that have been the foundation of the NFL for years.

New rivalries would've been built and would've been a fresh start to many people. I wanted Buffalo in that exact same division but there isn't anything that can be done about it.

If I remember correctly Ralph Wilson was one of the people speaking up and said that he didn't want Buffalo switched and wanted to stay in the same division we're in especially with Miami.

AFC East
New England
NY Jets
NY Giants
Philly Eagles

NFC East
---------------------
Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts
Carolina Panthers

AFC North
-----------------------
Buffalo Bills
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Cincinatti Bengals

NFC North (unchanged)
------------------------
Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

AFC South
------------------------
Miami Dolphins
Tampa Bay Bucs
Jacksonville Jags
New Orleans Saints

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints

AFC West
Seattle Seahawks
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
San Fansisco 49ers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis Rams

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
:bf1:

I don't understand what the big deal is in supporting both? People in other cities do it, with more teams, and higher costs.

You also get much more value out of spending $45 on a Bills ticket instead of that much or maybe more on a Sabres ticket.

Every football game means something and is very important. There are only 16 games. You can't have a bad run and expect to make the playoffs.

In the NHL that game you're going to is just 1 of 82 and there are also many more games you can go to after football season is over. It seems like the NHL is going damn near all year.

That game you're going to in the NHL doesn't mean hardly anything at all. If you lose that game it's not the end of the world. You can even lose 4 more games in a row after that and it's not the end of the world. It's just another game. It's not like that with football.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I love the Sabres just as much as the Bills... but watching people pick sides is ridiculous. "I'm gonna buy Sabres tickets because they're winning and the Bills aren't". This is bandwagon behavior. If you're not there for the bad times, you don't deserve to be there for the good. Ride everyone's back to the promised land and jump ship when times get rough. Not indicative of true fans. I expect this kind of behavior from Philly fans, NYC fans... not Buffalo fans.

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:18 PM

Everyone who doesn't buy season tickets isn't just "sponging off of tv"

I had season tickets for 4 years and still make it up to 2+ games a year. I would still have season tickets if my work schedule allowed me to. I need to burn a vacation day to make it up to the game.

There are some people who just can't afford to buy tickets for the family to the games. There are many people who isn't physically able to attend the game. Many other people who has to work and can't go to the game. Not everybody has weekends off.

Just because some people relies on watching the games on tv doesn't mean they are mooching off the television broadcast.

Now some people are capable of going to the games. Nothing is stopping but choose not to. That is their decision.

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I love the Sabres just as much as the Bills... but watching people pick sides is ridiculous. "I'm gonna buy Sabres tickets because they're winning and the Bills aren't". This is bandwagon behavior. If you're not there for the bad times, you don't deserve to be there for the good. Ride everyone's back to the promised land and jump ship when times get rough. Not indicative of true fans. I expect this kind of behavior from Philly fans, NYC fans... not Buffalo fans.

The Sabres arena was empty until last year. Now the Bills can't sell out. Perfect examble of bandwagon jumpers. :clap:

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Also, where are you buying video games at for under $40? You must still have a Playstation 1. If you have a next generation system or even still a PS2 then let me know where you are finding these deals.

They must be used games or games that have been out for a while that isn't selling many copies so they drop the price. You won't find a popular game, new release or a next generation game for that kind of a price.

I feel sorry for your kids if they are getting 2nd tier games or games that isn't updated with a new release.

Bill Brasky
12-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Also, where are you buying video games at for under $40? You must still have a Playstation 1. If you have a next generation system or even still a PS2 then let me know where you are finding these deals.

They must be used games or games that have been out for a while that isn't selling many copies so they drop the price. You won't find a popular game, new release or a next generation game for that kind of a price.

I feel sorry for your kids if they are getting 2nd tier games or games that isn't updated with a new release.

At least he cares about his kids enough to buy them sweet gifts, a lot of kids have nothing.

I am still interested in where he's getting those games, I want games dirt cheap!

BillsFever21
12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
At least he cares about his kids enough to buy them sweet gifts, a lot of kids have nothing.

I am still interested in where he's getting those games, I want games dirt cheap!

True. I wouldn't wanna be playing NBA2K6 when NBA2K7 is out though.

Michael82
12-14-2006, 04:02 PM
You better be at the tailgate! :up:

Michael82
12-14-2006, 04:06 PM
This "diehard" fanbase is an embarassment. Given the play of the team, the dirt cheap ticket prices, and the fact that it is our biggest rival in the ENTIRE league, I am embarassed by my fellow "fans" that this game is not even close to being sold out.

The few diehard Bills fans are some of the best in the league, but the rest of the fairweather bandwagon sports fans in this city have soiled our reputation and turned us into a laughing stock.

Yes, the NFL is headed in the wrong direction, yes the NFL is pricing people out, and yes the product has been terrible for the better part of a decade. But Ralph had a point when he said "enjoy it while it's here" because if/when this team ever moves people will be regretting it big time. How many cities have lost an NFL team and been happy about it? How many have benefited from having their teams jump town?

People right now are blind due to the success of the Sabres, understandable... but Newsflash: the NHL still has a ton of work to regain it's fanbase, because outside of WNY the league is a mess right now. It doesn't make me feel good to know that people will give up on the Bills so easily - the only team that mattered for decades even in futility - just because "oh, well, there's still the Sabres".

Giving up on this franchise is a disgrace, and if the NHL locks out again or folds we'll be left with NO team to root for.

No excuse for not going to the game. "I got hit hard from the storm" "it's the holidays" "i'm broke"... All lies. You can afford Sabres tickets, Sabres jersey's, but not a $40 Bills ticket - for the biggest rival to this franchise? Get out of my face with these lame arguments. Never thought I'd live to see the day where our "loyal" fans gave up so easily - let alone for Phins week.
Excellent post! I will keep saying it, we have a bunch of fairweather fans in Buffalo and the Sabres being the hottest team in the NHL is killing the Bills too. I hate the fact that merchandise with the slug is selling out every ****ing day and the arena is packed constantly, but yet people aren't buying tickets to the team that they have been seeing and rooting for since before the Sabres were good. It's going to come down to the Bills or Sabres at the end. Which team does the city want the most and right now it appears that Sabres are the #1 most popular team in the city and that might help push the Bills out of Buffalo. :ill:

Bling
12-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I personally find the Pats and Jets game more exciting, especially since my dad's a Jet fan and the Pats are actual compeititive in the league. As long as I've watched football, the Bills have sucked. That's probably why I don't really consider you guys rivals.

FYI, I just like the website.

Michael82
12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
By the way, I personally think that the Bills/Dolphins game doesn't mean much for the new fans that are going to the games and buying tickets and tailgating for hours. The new rivalry is the Bill/Patriots because they own us like the Dolphins owned the Bills in the 70s and 80s. If this was the Patriots/Bills, I think it most likely would have sold out. :::

Bling
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
By the way, I personally think that the Bills/Dolphins game doesn't mean much for the new fans that are going to the games and buying tickets and tailgating for hours. The new rivalry is the Bill/Patriots because they own us like the Dolphins owned the Bills in the 70s and 80s. If this was the Patriots/Bills, I think it most likely would have sold out. :::

Exactly. We were owning you pretty bad in the 00s until that 04 season. Now Miami doesn't have that playoff swager anymore, and it makes the game uninteresting for Bills fans.

Historian
12-14-2006, 05:26 PM
There is no tailgate at HSBC.

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I personally find the Pats and Jets game more exciting, especially since my dad's a Jet fan and the Pats are actual compeititive in the league. As long as I've watched football, the Bills have sucked. That's probably why I don't really consider you guys rivals.

FYI, I just like the website.
you are pretty young right? The Bills were good throughout the 90s though. So you must have just started watching in 2000?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 05:33 PM
you are pretty young right? The Bills were good throughout the 90s though. So you must have just started watching in 2000?
bling is around 14 yrs. old.

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Seriously?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 05:56 PM
You better be at the tailgate! :up:
Only if FBH is going to be there.

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Seriously?
that's the sentiment. Might be 16.

The_Philster
12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Only if FBH is going to be there.
check the tailgate thread for that info :tap:

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 06:07 PM
check the tailgate thread for that info :tap:
where?

The_Philster
12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
where?
In the Tailgate Forum...under Bills, etc :shakeno:
I swear...you've been on this site almost as long as me and you still get lost?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
In the Tailgate Forum...under Bills, etc :shakeno:
I swear...you've been on this site almost as long as me and you still get lost?
I'm not all over the place Phil.

The_Philster
12-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm not all over the place Phil.
why not? :cynic:
Slacker! :mad:

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
why not? :cynic:
Slacker! :mad:
I have a life.

:jk:

I'll be there but not at 7 am .

The_Philster
12-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I have a life.

:jk:

I'll be there but not at 7 am .
am I saving you a spot?

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 06:23 PM
am I saving you a spot?
eh, na. I'll walk. Thanks.

The_Philster
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
eh, na. I'll walk. Thanks.
parking elsewhere then walking over? k

justasportsfan
12-14-2006, 06:27 PM
parking elsewhere then walking over? k:up:

LtFinFan66
12-14-2006, 06:30 PM
:mad: I may have to cancel now

hammerbillsfan
12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
cancel what? you'd better be there :tap:

Michael82
12-14-2006, 07:58 PM
:snicker: Too many Bills fans for you?

G. Host
12-14-2006, 08:26 PM

I do not remember the system my daughter has (she has several but none of Microsoft XBox systems) but like videos and other things are priced high at initial inflated rate to get those who believe the hype. I have taught her that she can either buy one high priced one when they come right out or wait a bit and be able to afford more later.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 07:59 AM

I guess I just don't get how the Phins aren't the big game for everyone. I wasn't alive to witness the embarassment this team endured at the hands of Miami during the 70's... but when I was growing up during the late 80's and early 90's there was no other game more important than the Phins game.

I grew up watching this team deny Marino and Shula any shot at a super bowl ring and pretty much everytime the two teams played it was a guarenteed great game. Phins/Bills games made me more of a fan... I hate the Pats, could care less about the worthless Jets, but the Phins game to me will always be the biggest game of the year, no matter how bad the teams might be.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 08:02 AM
I think the Pats have moved close though since they have been so good and beaten up on us.

I hate the Phins with a passion and I am PUMPED for sunday!

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I really don't think that there are not 5,000 people from Southern Ontario, Rochester, Buffalo and the Southern Tier that could not spend the money for tickets.

Buy seats people.

mybills
12-15-2006, 08:06 AM
But seats people.

:rofl: Fix that!

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Where do we stand currently? Any updates?

Bling
12-16-2006, 11:14 AM

16. I remember when the Bills were good in the 90s. But I'm a believer in, what have you done for me lately? I didn't really get back into football until 2002.

justasportsfan
12-16-2006, 11:19 AM

:mad:

justasportsfan
12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
16. .
we were discussing your age and you give us your IQ. :shakeno:

jk.