PDA

View Full Version : This could be a big deal if true...

Jeff1220
12-14-2006, 09:31 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 10:05 p.m. EST; UPDATED 10:20 p.m. EST, December 13, 2006

FINS FOR SALE

Our Florida sources have tipped us off to a looming development that, in our view, makes Dolphins coach Nick Saban's disinterested interest in the Alabama job understandable.

The Fins, as we hear it, are in the process of being sold.

Per a source with knowledge of the transaction, advertising executive Jordan Zimmerman, a co-owner of the NHL's Florida Panthers, will become majority owner of the Dolphins.

Also involved in the new ownership will be Papa John's founder John Schnatter.

Since it was Huizenga who hired Saban, Saban might be interested in keeping his options open. And that's why, we believe, Saban declined an opportunity (when pressed by Peter King of SI) to state unequivocally that he will not under any circumstances pursue the Alabama job. Saban, in our opinion, will be looking for either an extension from the new ownership, or a ticket out of town.

Coincidentally, Zimmerman's clients include Papa John's and the Miami Dolphins.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htmCould be - if it's even remotely true. Saw this on our site last night.

Could be really good or really bad. Bad would be Saban bolting. Good would be an owner w/ some life. H. Wayne is OK, but he's kinda boring. If the team is to be sold, I hope it's to an aggressive owner - who's first action will be to keep Nick right where he is for as long as he wants.

Stewie
12-14-2006, 09:40 AM
lets hope the owner's first action is to move that putrid franchise to LA where it belongs.

Samphin1
12-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Personally, I like Wayne as an owner. He is visible when needed and simply allows his football guys to do what they are paid to do. Hopefully, this is a typical PFT rumor that has no legs. Ownership changes are iffy. Take it from a Dodgers fan who has had to go through multiple ownerships over the past 10 years or so.

Gunzlingr
12-14-2006, 09:52 AM
lets hope the owner's first action is to move that putrid franchise to LA where it belongs.

:hi5:

I had the same thought :snicker:

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 09:56 AM
lets hope the owner's first action is to move that putrid franchise to LA where it belongs.Strong words from a fan of a team who's owner might actually do this!

Stewie
12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Strong words from a fan of a team who's owner might actually do this!

At least my owner likes his team.

Although I don't blame blockbuster boy. Green is nicer than teal and orange.

Nothing is quite as nice as red white and blue.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 10:51 AM
At least my owner likes his team.

Although I don't blame blockbuster boy. Green is nicer than teal and orange.

Nothing is quite as nice as red white and blue.Where do you get he doesn't like his team??

RW loves his team so much, he's treatening to leave. He's a moron - just because he can't make Dan Snyder money, he's complaining.

Gunzlingr
12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Ralph isn't threatening leaving, he is warning us that the league is working on pushing the team out. He will keep the team here as long as he lives, but after that who knows.

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Ralph isn't threatening leaving, he is warning us that the league is working on pushing the team out. He will keep the team here as long as he lives, but after that who knows.I personally hope he does, or sells it to someone who will.

Stewie
12-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Where do you get he doesn't like his team??

RW loves his team so much, he's treatening to leave. He's a moron - just because he can't make Dan Snyder money, he's complaining.

IF he is floating the idea of selling the team, he's choosing cash over the team.

At a certain point, extra wealth is extemporaneous. I'm sure he's got everything he wants. Right now, it looks like he wants money and other investments more than your team.

Ralph Wilson could any day make $300+ million by picking up the phone and moving the franchise to Los Angeles. He hasn't, and that speaks to his integrity and commitment to WNY. He's owned the team forever. It's not a material possession.

Blockbuster boy was in it for the investment. Not a bad investment mind you, but in his eyes no different than a commodity.

And to close the Buffalo/Miami better ownership debate, blockbuster boy thought "Koy Detmer's Backup" A.J. Feely was going to be the next Dan Marino.

(BTW by saying the next Dan Marino, he was really saying 'The next QB to lose to Buffalo every year in the playoffs')

DolfanTom
12-14-2006, 01:09 PM
IF he is floating the idea of selling the team, he's choosing cash over the team.

At a certain point, extra wealth is extemporaneous. I'm sure he's got everything he wants. Right now, it looks like he wants money and other investments more than your team.

Ralph Wilson could any day make $300+ million by picking up the phone and moving the franchise to Los Angeles. He hasn't, and that speaks to his integrity and commitment to WNY. He's owned the team forever. It's not a material possession.

Blockbuster boy was in it for the investment. Not a bad investment mind you, but in his eyes no different than a commodity.

And to close the Buffalo/Miami better ownership debate, blockbuster boy thought "Koy Detmer's Backup" A.J. Feely was going to be the next Dan Marino.Dude, no doubt RW has been a fantastic owner for a LOOOONG time. Much better than anyof the newer owners - no argument there!

All I'm saying is he seems to have lost his marbles now. Perhaps a change would do your team some good.

Stewie
12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, dude, in that case, I guess the best thing for Ralph would be to SQUISH YOUR SMELLY TEAL AND ORANGE TEAM.:dance: :squish: