• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Kevin Gilbride

Is being considered for the Boston College HC gig:

Boston College has received permission to speak with New York Giants quarterbacks coach Kevin Gilbride about its head coaching job.

Ha! That's great. I've hated BC since they left the Big East in search of more money from the ACC, which was supposed to be the new power conference. VTech and Miami i understood, it made geographic sense. But BC was all about $$. Notice how the ACC's flagship program this season is the mighty Wake Forest, and the only other ranked ACC school is BC. Meanwhile, the Big East has three, with Louisville at #5 or #6 depending on which poll you look at, and West Virginia also ranked higher than Wake Forest.

Nice decision Boston College. Hope youre enjoying 900 mile road trips every other weekend. At least Gilbride will have a lot of time on the team bus to study the art of calling plays.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kevin Gilbride

Nice. You can count on him to kill drives over there.

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

Maybe small fry Gilbride can actually have some success in Amateur Football? Could be the perfect place for him.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Though I must say I'm losing my animosity towards Killdrive. Time heals.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I am a BC fan, and I cant wait to see the 5WR shotgun offense he brings everywhere with him.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
          X