PDA

View Full Version : Pats are working out WR's and TE's

Goobylal
12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
I understand the WR part, what with Gabriel being released and them having no one good anyway.

But the TE thing makes me think that Watson is done for the year. I know he's injured but the Pats don't say much. That would be my bet, though.

OpIv37
12-14-2006, 01:46 PM
they may be thinking ahead- Graham is likely gone via FA.

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Bellichick has a TE fetish.

Ickybaluky
12-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I understand the WR part, what with Gabriel being released and them having no one good anyway.

But the TE thing makes me think that Watson is done for the year. I know he's injured but the Pats don't say much. That would be my bet, though.

Ben Watson has hurt his knee last week and will probably miss at least this week's game. I'm not sure how severe the injury is, but the fact they didn't IR him probably means they are hoping he can return at some point this season.

The Pats use a lot of 2 & 3 TE sets, so they want another body there besides Dan Graham and David Thomas. That is why they signed O.J. Santiago and put Patrick Pass on IR.

I doubt they sign another WR, they are deep enough and aren't about to find a guy who can come in and play at this point. They say the reason Gabriel was let go was because he didn't blend into their system as well as they hoped. The Pats offense requires WR to read the defense and adjust their routes. Gabriel struggled with route adjustments and was running routes poorly. He was a good kid and worked hard, but just wasn't as good a fit in their offense, so they cut bait.

The other serious injury last week was Vince Wilfork's ankle. However, they are deep enough on the DL that they won't go looking for a body there. Wilfork will probably miss this week's game, and how much more he misses is up for debate.